• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two For The Road (220)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    TWO FOR THE ROAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 220

After the prisoner attacks Ana Lucia, she is tempted to kill him and reminded of her shady past -- and working for Jack's father in Australia. When Michael returns with news of the Others' encampment, Jack and Locke prepare to attack them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:43 PM.

Holy crap was that an ending to an ep. I seriously blew me away Ana Lusia and Libby killed within 20 seconds, that's a shocker (Libby's death, not Ana's death because I somewhat expected that). I give the ep (with the exception of the last 5 minutes) a **1/2, and the last 5 minutes a **** (or ***1/2)
    sigpic

Comment

Another jaw-dropper, this week. NOOOOOO!!! Not Libby!!!

Poor Hurley. Is he gonna lay down under the wet blanket of blame or what? If only he'd found that spot on the beach, or remembered to bring blankets, she'd still be alive. Oh, well, at least I don't think any of the numbers were involved, this time....

I just hope she's not dead; that Jack can save her somehow. If she dies, I guess that we'll get the rest of her backstory through Hurley's flashbacks.

And speaking of flashbacks, WOAH! Claire is Jack's sister!?!

As for AL, yeah, after Not Henry Gale's little speech, I figured she'd be executed. Unlike many viewers, I will miss AL. I think she brought something good to the mix of characters. Quite frankly, at this point in their development, I'd miss any of the characters.

Now I'd figured out that Micheal was a mole for the others, but I thought that he had been sent to execute Not Henry Gale, not to stage his escape(that's what I think Micheal was doing). And to blithely shoot yourself in the arm at such close range, no hesitation...<shudders>. Quite the powerful brainwashing, there.

I knew a guy who did that to himself to impress this girl who had broken up with him, I guess in a bid to gain her pity and win her back. He didn't get the girl, but he did blow his entire arm off.

I don't imagine the damage from a tv bullet will be quite so severe....
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I only saw the last twenty minutes, so I don't have a comlete picture of what happened. Still, I doubt severely that Michael is working for the Others, at least on any permanent basis. His main motivation is to get Walt back. That's all he's thought about this entire season. Michael must have made a deal with the Others that if he got Henry back for them, then he'd receive Walt back (which any rational person would say %&^# you to, but he's missing his kid). And as a contingency plan, he's going to incite the survivors to go after the Others so he will without a doubt get Walt back and be able to take revenge on them for taking his son. As for Ana Lucia, I wish they hadn't killed her, though I think it was necessary for the story. Libby isn't dead. Period. I heard Hurley's voice saying to Michael in the preview, "Thank god you survived man" and he didn't sound as though he'd just lost the girl he was really starting to care about. I think Libby will just be in a coma or unconcious for a while so she can't spill that it was Michael that shot her.
        Last edited by memnarch; 05 May 2006, 05:28 PM.
        Spoiler:
        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<pant pant pant>

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farscape flashbacks! I'm having Farscape flashbacks!
          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
          What have these years left to me?
          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch
            Gawd!

Please don't post spoilers for upcoming eps! Use spoiler tags.

C'mon!
            Gracie

Comment

i should have inserted a spoiler
              dude....spoiler tags...some of us want to watch the show unmolested.

that said...

the rumour had been there about AL getting whacked since her DUI. Whether the two are linked or just coincidence is something I'd really like to know.

to a certain extent, I hope Libby is dead...she could be a great character for Hurley, but since they don't write that much for Hurley, she doesn't get a lot of screen time anyway. If for some reason she makes it to S3, then I really hope they have more Hurley-centric eps. He's my fave after Locke.

I'm really interested in hearing the philosophy behind good and bad. I loved Henry's line...I came here to get you, John. You're one of the good ones.
              Is Michael one of the bad ones and so fair game to manipulate like this? If so, give me the thought processes!!!

Somebody above indicated that Jack's dad was talking to Claire's mom. Do we know for sure that's who that was? I don't remember the settings for Claire's backstory other than the apartment scenes.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I watched the scene a few times, and while the woman does have a heavy Australian accent, nothing else really ties her to Claire.
                "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                  I watched the scene a few times, and while the woman does have a heavy Australian accent, nothing else really ties her to Claire.
                  Oh, I'd say that Claire has that woman's looks. In her season one flashbacks I don't believe mention is ever made of Claire's father, only of her mum. It came as a real surprise to me to see who Jack's dad was talking to, as I was half expecting to see Shannon at the door.

I'm still wondering why Jack's dad needed a bodyguard and how he managed to wind up dead in that alley. Surely he didn't need protection from that woman, especially since he asked AL to stay in the car where she wouldn't be much use.
                  Gracie

Comment

Michael must have made a deal with the Others that if he got Henry back for them, then he'd receive Walt back
                    I don't think so. A non-brainwashed Micheal would have threatened AL with the gun, perhaps, but he stood there and shot her in cold blood. Looked like a planned assassination, to me. And then to turn the gun on himself and fire without so much as flinching.... that's simply not a normal reaction.
                    Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                      the rumour had been there about AL getting whacked since her DUI. Whether the two are linked or just coincidence is something I'd really like to know.
                      It was a coincidence.
                      Ausiello talked with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse about Michelle Rodriguez.
                      http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000049

Comment

I am so watching this episode again on the website. I totally missed out on some dialogue in that scene with Ana Lucia and Jack's dad.

This episode was shocking enough to be viewed twice.

Am I the only one who thinks the other's Michael described aren't the same others doing the kidnapping?
                        Last edited by MarshAngel; 04 May 2006, 08:10 AM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Marshangel
                          This episode was shocking enough to be viewed twice.
                          Thank goodness for ABC's new streaming episode thingie, huh? 'cause...frankly this episode confused me, I have to see it again.

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          Am I the only one who thinks the other's Michael described aren't the same others doing the kidnapping?
                          Nope. I think he's been brainwashed or subverted...or cloned. But that's just me.

Maybe there's two different camps of Others. The ones who kidnap, and then other that are too weak or young to do anything like that.
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Or the others could be laying a trap, the better to take out and disarm the most dangerous Losties. It would be easier for the others if Micheal led them into their own territory where they could seperate the "good" from the "bad."
                            Gracie

Comment

It's probably a trap. Henry almost looked like he expected Michael to show up, and wasn't scared. Michael doesn't know that they found evidence that "The Others" AREN'T just 'tent-dwellers'. I'm bettning they agreed to return Walt if Michael helped them. It seems like he's letting Henry escape.
                              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Working...
                              X