This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus's hanger bay

Just exactly where the Prometheus keeps its fighters?
    I always thought that the main hanger bay is located right under the bridge (and maybe one level down as garage) as there's an obvious hanger bay door of some kind. However when I saw Ethon the 302s exited from the port nacelle. I thought that was for the hyperdrive and I doubt that they put both hyperdrive and hanger bay together as there simply isn't enough space for the 302s.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

How about this?
      Last edited by gkyun; 30 April 2006, 10:17 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

What's with the Daedalus pic?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
            What's with the Daedalus pic?
            The prometheus is very close in design compared to the daedalus, the missile silos are in the exact same spot, as well as the fighter bays, whos to say the bridge isn't. Sure they look completely different, but the inside layout is exactly the same.

Best Stargate quote:
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Well as seen from the schematics I've got the bridge is amongst the top levels of the command tower. And as I've just said, there's not enough space for both hanger bay and hyperdrive. In Avalon the hanger bay looked fairly spacious with about 8 302s. So if it's indeed inside the port nacelle the hyperdrive must be very tiny.

sigpic

Comment

Well as seen from the schematics I've got the bridge is amongst the top levels of the command tower. And as I've just said, there's not enough space for both hanger bay and hyperdrive. In Avalon the hanger bay looked fairly spacious with about 8 302s. So if it's indeed inside the port nacelle the hyperdrive must be very tiny.
                That schematic was drawn in 2002 and is 4 years old. The entire thing is just speculation on the layout of the ship. What i am presenting is newer evidence that disproves you.

Best Stargate quote:
                Green is your friend.

Comment

well i think the hanger bays are in the same location as the Daedalus and as far as we know the prommie and the Daedalus are the same size cause there never put side by side so the could be the same but the Daedalus may be wider than the prommie

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    That schematic was drawn in 2002 and is 4 years old. The entire thing is just speculation on the layout of the ship. What i am presenting is newer evidence that disproves you.

Comparing two different class ships neither proves or disproves anyone.

Comment

Not too much concern about ship structure continuity in the past.

Comment

As seen from the pic below, the port nacelle lits while in hyperspace, which means there couldn't possibly have a flight hanger bay.
                        Ethon, however, suggests otherwise which I assume is a continuity problem.
                        Last edited by gkyun; 30 April 2006, 10:17 AM.

sigpic

Comment

As seen from the pic below, the port nacelle lits while in hyperspace, which means there couldn't possibly have a flight hanger bay.
                          Ethon, however, suggests otherwise which I assume is a continuity problem.
                          [ATTACH]2672[/ATTACH]
                          The thumbnail you posted is stock footage. It's just cg things they use from past episodes to avoid having to pay loads of money to have them done again. That thumbnail was probably used in bout 14 different episodes. Over a span of about 3 seasons, incontinuity issues begins to occurr.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                            The thumbnail you posted is stock footage. It's just cg things they use from past episodes to avoid having to pay loads of money to have them done again. That thumbnail was probably used in bout 14 different episodes. Over a span of about 3 seasons, incontinuity issues begins to occurr.
                            So you mean they've modified the nacelle into a hanger bay in s.9?
                            If so, where's the hyperdrive then?

sigpic

Comment

So you mean they've modified the nacelle into a hanger bay in s.9?
                              If so, where's the hyperdrive then?
                              1.)First of all, what the hell is a nacelle?
                              Second, We have never seen an F-302 enter or exit from the Prometheus except in Ethon when they came out of the Docking bay on the right. They could have used that part of the ship for escape pods if they wanted to. The reason they could have is because we have never seen escape pods or anything else being launched from there. The point i am trying to get at is that they can use any part of the ship they want to serve any specific purpose as long as that part of the ship has never been addressed in the show before.

2.) That thing they ejected out of the ship in Momento was the hyperdrive. The hyperdrive can be anywhere in the ship they want it to be, no one ever said that it needed to be at the back of the ship.

What point are you trying to make?

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X