This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Intelligent Life on Atlantis' Planet

I wonder if there is any intelligent life on Atlantis' planet besides the SGA Expidition and the Athosians. I think it would be pretty cool if there was some dicovered. Maybe they could be a nomadic group who have spent generations searching the planet for Atlantis and they think they have the right to inhabid and controll Atlantis instead of the expidition members.

Perfecto!

The whale from GUP. Whales are pretty smart and should kind of be classified as intelligent life. I dont think thats the answer you were looking for though.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

yer and thena battle will take place that sounds fun

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

They've been on the planet for about two years now. If there's any other intelligent life it should have appeared by now.... unless they're super smart agoraphobic moles who live underground and never come out for anything. It's not as if there are many places to hide. Huge ocean, single continent. The best they can hope for are whales and dolphins and given budget limitations, I wouldn't count on seeing any of them soon.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          They've been on the planet for about two years now. If there's any other intelligent life it should have appeared by now.... unless they're super smart agoraphobic moles who live underground and never come out for anything. It's not as if there are many places to hide. Huge ocean, single continent. The best they can hope for are whales and dolphins and given budget limitations, I wouldn't count on seeing any of them soon.
          Well, It is a big planet. Back here on earth, there were a lot of tribes and peoples who were isolated from everyone else and only discovered recently in the 20th century.

TPTB hasn't ever hinted at anyone else on the planet. But I agree that it would make an interesting story plot if ownership of planet and the rights of the athosian and taurii to stay on the planet were brought to question.
          Let's face it, we are kinda squatters on Atlantis

One big problem, is how would they survive the deadly storm as seen in "The Storm". It ravages like 2/3 of the world (I think). Unless MarshAngel is right and they live underground.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Gate
            Well, It is a big planet. Back here on earth, there were a lot of tribes and peoples who were isolated from everyone else and only discovered recently in the 20th century.

TPTB hasn't ever hinted at anyone else on the planet. But I agree that it would make an interesting story plot if ownership of planet and the rights of the athosian and taurii to stay on the planet were brought to question.
            Let's face it, we are kinda squatters on Atlantis

One big problem, is how would they survive the deadly storm as seen in "The Storm". It ravages like 2/3 of the world (I think). Unless MarshAngel is right and they live underground.
            Oh it have been an interesting story... if it had occurred in season one. Now it would be more akin to... you want me to believe what now?

The odds are just highly against it. For a few reasons.

There's only one land mass.
            They scouted and generally mapped the area by PJ
            The only active gate is on Atlantis so if anyone were there, they'd have to have been there for no less than 10,00 years ie. before the Ancients left, and if they were... wraith bait.

If they'd been there for 10,000 years, there should be signs of some sort of civilization or impact or they'd be very primitive in which case, it's odd that Atlantis would be there... and actually it would be just as odd if they were very primitive.

After two years of Athosian farming, wraith attacks, nuclear explosions in the atmosphere, periodic 30 year massive hurricanes...they'd have to be buried so far beneath the surface that we'd probably have to blow up half the land mass to wake them up.

I'd never rule it out but it just seems extremely unlikely

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Me, I'm betting on extremely intelligent sea monsters. I'd so love to see an ep where something is attacking the city itself.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Me, I'm betting on extremely intelligent sea monsters. I'd so love to see an ep where something is attacking the city itself.
                that sounds possible
                Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                The Strongest Will Survive!
                I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Well, there's that whole "Is Atlantis Itself Sencient?" thing going on, but i doubt that it is.

Also, Were there any intelligent creatures on Pegasus before the Lantiens came to the Planet? Some sort of other non-human creatures such as the Whales.

Comment

yeah this has bene brought up alot before, i propposed the is atlantis sentient idea and pitched the leviathon myth, the "gaurdian of atlantis" going to be introd to JM in his thread earlier this year.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

lol if there was some people on there id kill em if they said i wanted a share of the city but i dont recon there's humans on the planet...

1. Wraith was alway's there.. and they would of found them
                      2. Wouldnt the Ancient's of moved them before they left?
                      3. I dont think that they would Live on a world trapped from the stargate..

Comment

I'd really love to learn more about the whales. Being a huge whale geek myself, I'm fascinated by the possibility of them being near the city, and I consider whales highly intelligent.
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                          I'd really love to learn more about the whales. Being a huge whale geek myself, I'm fascinated by the possibility of them being near the city, and I consider whales highly intelligent.
                          yeah that would be neat
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

The only thing theyve encounrted yet is that weird whale in the ocean.

Comment

Why not another Ancient city on the other side of the planet or underwater ? And living Ancients in it !

Comment

Working...
                              X