What program is needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What program is needed?

what program is needed to play stargate horizon on windows xp? where can i download it? Help

Its a script. Its not a movie/tv series. You download the episodes in script form. Its fancy fanfiction and to read it you need Adobe Reader.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17
      what program is needed to play stargate horizon on windows xp? where can i download it? Help
      Stargate: Horizon IS NOT a movie or a film. It's a script. You read stargate: horizon, not watch it. the files are in PDF format, so you need Adobe Acrobat Reader (Now known as simply Adobe Reader) to open the files.

If you don't have Adobe Reader, go here.

hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
          Stargate: Horizon IS NOT a movie or a film. It's a script. You read stargate: horizon, not watch it. the files are in PDF format, so you need Adobe Acrobat Reader (Now known as simply Adobe Reader) to open the files.

If you don't have Adobe Reader, go here.

hope that helps.
          Having said that, there is always the possibility that we can convince MGM to help us create an actual show. But yeah, for now it will have to remain a script.
          "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
          ==============================================================
          Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
          Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

if you have Windows XP you should already have it and MGM probably won't ever do that, already have 2 existing ones can't have it going out like CSI or Law & Order with like 5 differents things all with the same sort of concept, its best to just keep it as only one or two types of the same show

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
              if you have Windows XP you should already have it and MGM probably won't ever do that, already have 2 existing ones can't have it going out like CSI or Law & Order with like 5 differents things all with the same sort of concept, its best to just keep it as only one or two types of the same show
              Ummm, have you heard of star trek? They even reused the same species....
              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

The thing with stargate is thier is so many possibilities that could happen. Who knows how far the ancient infulence have spread. So far we no of four galexies. I think stargate, is rare show where really it can go any where a writer wants it to go.

As for a new live action, well I think that will have to wait until stargate sg1 have ended, if ever does. But I think it would be better if perhaps stargate horizon would be turn into a computer generated animation show, I think that could be quite concievable. The advatage of stargate horizon has is that they already have the stories written and prepare but the big disadvantage is that people have already got idea of their own on how the ships and characters look.

Comment

There's just something about the whole making it into a show that doesn't seem to... how would Dr. Weir put it? Jive... Can't quite put my finger on it... all I know is that it might be pretty cool if Stargate Horizon was an actual TV show. But uh... My inner eye does not see it happening in the near (like, near) future.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                    The thing with stargate is thier is so many possibilities that could happen. Who knows how far the ancient infulence have spread. So far we no of four galexies. I think stargate, is rare show where really it can go any where a writer wants it to go.

As for a new live action, well I think that will have to wait until stargate sg1 have ended, if ever does. But I think it would be better if perhaps stargate horizon would be turn into a computer generated animation show, I think that could be quite concievable. The advatage of stargate horizon has is that they already have the stories written and prepare but the big disadvantage is that people have already got idea of their own on how the ships and characters look.
                    I agree.

Since the episode back in Season 2, The Fifth Race, the Asgard have instilled a faint idea that the Ancients were not only the builders of the stargates, but also they were the ones who originally founded the alliance between them and the other two races. If we were to put this into the right context, it could very well mean that the Ancients' knowledge spans the universe.

As for discussions on how the show would be publicised, you are correct, we have been looking at this to be a fully, CG-animated production rather than based on a physical studio. I'm not going to go into that part with our fans here unless Alex is ok with it, though.
                    "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                    ==============================================================
                    Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                    Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron
                      I agree.
                      Since the episode back in Season 2, The Fifth Race, the Asgard have instilled a faint idea that the Ancients were not only the builders of the stargates, but also they were the ones who originally founded the alliance between them and the other two races. If we were to put this into the right context, it could very well mean that the Ancients' knowledge spans the universe.
                      Well Genesis has got its roots fully entwined with the fifth race, its the cornerstone of our series, i think VS are really fun, sure wed all love to see our series on the small screen but i think scripts are great as they are.
                      im intrigued by the idea of a CGI based series, i think horizon could really be a pioneer for that, good luck.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                      X