This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Late Night Theory

Presumibly when we think of something we remember thinking about it? Correct? Well if thats the case Id use the Go'ald memory recall device (linked up to a huge storage network) in conjunction with someone who recently used an Ancient repository. All you'd have to do is access the memories relating to how Ancient technology works and the physics base on which it is built by presumibly telling the person to think about all the technology! Would this work do you think? Change the theory around yourselves if you see any problems...this is just a general idea.
    Last edited by Harekin; 07 April 2006, 05:45 PM.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
    Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
    the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
    Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Err...is that it? Yes, yes we do.

Presently- I think of My Guinea Pigs.. Awwhhh, so cute!

10 minutes later-
    I remember that i thought of My Guinea-Pigs & thought of them as "Awwhhh, so cute!"

So, is that your point? Thinking & Remembering that we though? A little odd...

Edit- You Edited your post! Damn you! Damn You to Sokar!...
    Anyway, it seems... iffy... (?)
    Last edited by The Prophet; 09 April 2006, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Having the database downloaded into your brain is one thing, recalling it is another. I mean it might be possible to extract the information using the recall device. However interpreting it might be a problem since O'Neill didn't even know what he was doing when the Ancient knowledge overpowered him. Building all those fancy stuff was done subconsciously hence no command was given by the brain on understanding the workings of Ancient tech. He just had to build them, he wasn't thinking.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

You can remember fixing a car even if you no longer remember how to fix one. Recovering the memory of fixing it wouldn't help much without the knowledge of how it was fixed.
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

interesting theory though..i will think about this for a while..

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
            You can remember fixing a car even if you no longer remember how to fix one. Recovering the memory of fixing it wouldn't help much without the knowledge of how it was fixed.
            Just because you can't seem to find the knowledge of how to fix it doesn't mean its not there.

Comment

use that machine that cam used to view peoples memories?

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

I think he means that by remembering that you once did something, even if you can no longer remember how to do it, that by remembering that you did it will somehow allow you to remember how you did it in the first place.

example: When sitting at home, I can`t think for the likes of me little details of driving that I remember when I`m actually doing it. So by driving, I remember the 'rules of the road' which don`t always come to me while i`m not driving.

Ok, this is making less and less sense no matter how many different ways I say it. I`m outta this thread!
                Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                  I think he means that by remembering that you once did something, even if you can no longer remember how to do it, that by remembering that you did it will somehow allow you to remember how you did it in the first place.

example: When sitting at home, I can`t think for the likes of me little details of driving that I remember when I`m actually doing it. So by driving, I remember the 'rules of the road' which don`t always come to me while i`m not driving.

Ok, this is making less and less sense no matter how many different ways I say it. I`m outta this thread!
                  I ment if you make the person with the Ancient Knowledge recall making something (ie. the Replicator disruptor in O'Niells case) then the information for making it would simply come to the fore in your subconscious...thus we could use a memory recall device to capture this information. Even the Disruptor, that one little piece of technology, if we could understand how it was made, we could get a MASSIVE insight into how the Ancients thought physics-wise towards building their technology.

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Well, is it "them" making the Replicator Distruptor or is it a Program making it, submerging the Users concious into the recesses of their mind. Basiclly unconcious. Would the Memory Recall Device be able to pick up what they remember when they were unconcious? Would the Memory Recall Device be able to pick up memories from sleepwalking basicly?

I think it's a no. The Memory Recall Device picks up subdued Concious Memories whilst I think the Ancient Repository of Knowledge downloads memories to the Subconcious half of the Brain. Thereby making the two incompatable.

Comment

But you cant use your subconscious to build something. For example if you learn to be a doctor in college, you dont operate on someone with your subconscious knowledge of anatomy!

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                        But you cant use your subconscious to build something. For example if you learn to be a doctor in college, you dont operate on someone with your subconscious knowledge of anatomy!
                        Well, people have been known to make sandwiches whilst they're sleeping, so they're using their subconcious to make that sandwich. I bet the Ancients could preform Heart-Surgery whilst sleeping with that advanced brain of theirs!

Edit- Did I just compare Heat-Surgery to making a Sandwich? Wow...

Comment

But the fact is O'Niell when linked up to Thors ship was able to talk and was saying he had a solution to the problem shows he was conscious.

Comment

Harekin hypothesis isn't to far-fetched, I once solved a complex chemical problem while I was sleeping. Then awoke up to the next morning to write down the solution. Althought today if I saw the problem again I am pretty sure I could solve with out the assistance of subconsicous.

This is interesting the using the Zatark (sp) memory device to recall stored memories and record them on to harddrive like device. As I recall the memory device was for recalling the authenticity of a memory. So if that is case it would be useful in the medical community in treating pyschatric patients that might experience mental problem. The other possibility would the retrival of childhood memories that a lot of people forget as we age. Diffinately multiple practical uses for the technology.

Comment

I get the feeling there is a difference between simply forgetting something, and having your memory wiped by super advanced aliens. Remebering an incredibly advanced aliens sciend, technology, and culture is a little different that remebering what you had for dinner on Tuesday.

Also, this is a massive amount of knowledge, where would you even begin to look?
                              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Working...
                              X