X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Godzilla discussion

talk about Godzilla here!

I just reqatched the undedited original 1954 Godzilla yesterday

the movie had a much differant feel in my eyes than the later counterparts being more serious and was basicly a big fat anti atomic testing flick...that had twice the budget of the 7 samurai

it also had some realy nice horror elements lacking in the later ones....

though the main chick was annoying to no end...oh well...

I also thought Final wars sucked except for seeing Gino get 2HKOed in 20 seconds XD

Comment

love me some Godzilla.
      always did as a kid. When Godzilla 2000 came out, I was all over that, and I loved it.
      Nothing beats a japanese dude in a rubber suit.

ps: the american godzilla with matthew broderick was awful. it was like jurassic park in New york city. godzilla was the t-rex, and his lil babies were raptors. that movie should never have been made.

oh, and

http://www.godzillatemple.com/photos/godzilla78.jpg
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 July 2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

ps: the american godzilla with matthew broderick was awful. it was like jurassic park in New york city. godzilla was the t-rex, and his lil babies were raptors. that movie should never have been made.

except Jurassic Park was GOOD

Gino sucked horribly...though with out that movie there wouldent be so many jokes about it in the later Godzilla movies XD

plus that entertaining scene in final wars of Godzilla owning it in 20 seconds XD XD

anouther thing I found funny was that Hedorah a monster that showed up for 5 seconds had a good looking rubber suit yet Gino who had about 5 min total was realy poorly done CGI XD

Comment

I am glad ToHo punished GINO for messing up Godzilla in the eye's of America
          -Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17
            I am glad ToHo punished GINO for messing up Godzilla in the eye's of America
            -Daniel
            well Godzilla doesnt have the best reputation in America any ways

thanks to the movies from the 70's with Kungfuu Zilla

Seriously Showa Godzilla had Loonytoon powers T_T

and Godzilla vs Megalon with Godzilla high fiving Jet Jaguar made me cry(heck Godzilla vs Megalon in general made me cry)...

Heisei Godzilla was great though Godzilla vs King Ghidorah through Godzilla vs Space Godzilla had way to much Beam useage and not enougth Melee

the Millennium Series for the most part was great as well(and most of the Godzilla suits were great oh and the only Mecha Godzilla suit that looked good IMO)

Final wars had way way to much Human story...(with DBZ/Matrix style fights T_T) and not enougth Godzilla owning stuff

Comment

yes too much humans.
              are you a part of the official godzilla forums at www.godzilla.com ? if so i am Godzilla13

Comment

Gojira!

Comment

take a look at this: it is my drawing, but a little got cut off when i was scaanning it.
                  and
                  and
                  and whoops off topic

Comment

Who wouldn't get distacted...

Comment

yes very distracting..................whoops we are getting off-topic

Comment

nope im not apart of any Kaiju forums...

*looks at the Godzilla vs Gamera picture*

they realy should make that >_>

...though I have never actually watched a Gamera movie(or any Mothra Movies either...except ones Godzilla are in) >_<

Comment

Daiei Studios (the owners of Gamera) propesed it to ToHo but they turned it down

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17
                            Daiei Studios (the owners of Gamera) propesed it to ToHo but they turned it down
                            AWWW *kicks Toho's president in the head*

that would be a great movie..if done by some one good(AKA not the person who did Final wars)

Comment

Working...
                            X