Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the very Dr. Who episode that got your hook to the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the very Dr. Who episode that got your hook to the series?

For me it was "Paradise Towers", I know that was a lame story ark, but hey it was the episode that got me hook to the series.
    "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
    The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
    Rose: "Your face!"
    The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
    The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Bad Wolf / Parting of the Ways. I cannot imagine a worse introduction to the fandom, but it worked, so I'm not complaining.

Comment

I can't remember that far back! I was only 4! I did love to hate "The Planet of the Spiders".

Comment

Rose. I'd seen a bit of Spearhead from Space when I was younger so it was great to see the Autons again.

Comment

man...that was a long time ago....i was still in single digits age.

but it was a book actually...not one of the tv eps. don't remember which one it was, but i think it was in the pertwee era.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Don't remember. Just enjoy scifi
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

'The Curse Of Fenric' is what started it all off for me.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Trail of a Timelord for me. My Dad got the video set when it came out when I was 3 and I watched it all the time. I was hooked. Another story that played it big for me was the Dalek movies starring Peter Cushing based on The Daleks and The Dalek Invasion of Earth. Fantastic stories !!!
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

First ep I caught was Rose but 'The End of the World' really hooked me in.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

the first ep for me would be "The Deadly Assasin" I saw it when I was five or six. The episodes that really got me hooked was the key to time. now, ten years later, I've seen the whole series at least twice.

Comment

For me, it was Planet of the Daleks.
                      That was my third attempt at trying to understand the show.

Got hooked and watched it for a few months.

Went on vacation after the first half of Planet of Spiders (with Jon Pertwee) and came back to The Sontaran Experiment (with Tom Baker).

I was very confused that a new actor was playing the part in a completely different manner, but I stuck it out.

A few weeks later another PBS station started showing William Hartnell episodes, and of course they couldn't show the regeneration to Patrick Troughton, so I remained completely confused for a long time.

Comment

I think I've said this elsewhere... but it's The City of Death... Only remembered it as the Mona Lisa episode for years and years.
                        Yup, o'l Tom Baker... teeth, curls and electronic dog...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          I think I've said this elsewhere... but it's The City of Death... Only remembered it as the Mona Lisa episode for years and years.
                          Yup, o'l Tom Baker... teeth, curls and electronic dog...
                          Annoying dog. And John Cleese, less annoying in TCoD mainly because he only has one line and is in the background.

Comment

Genesis of the Daleks

Comment

I don't have a clue what the name was, because I was only little, but it had the Daleks and maybe Tom Baker. I didn't go out and hunt episodes down, so it didn't quite "get me hooked", but it's the first one I saw and I know I enjoyed it.
                              I didn't watch the show regularly until it came back last year.
                              Last edited by Naonak; 22 April 2006, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X