Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Sg1 change it's wormhole effects to match Atlantis's?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Sg1 change it's wormhole effects to match Atlantis's?

How do we explain that fictionwise?

Probably because the Atlantis gate has a more advanced (read: Version 2.0) gate program, and by connecting with the Atlantis gate, ours got updated somehow. At least, that's how I figure it.
    "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

Nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan Deltoran
        Nice...
        Thanks. Like I said though, it's just a guess. I mean, you would think it'd be a pain for gate of lesser construction to use a program made for a more advanced gate...but whatever. What works, works.
        "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

At the start of SG-1, the wormhole effect was made by dropping pellets into a bucket of water. Technology advances.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

the original effect was 12 years old and TPTB including me felt that it was time t for a change it's just done to makee the show look better
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
              the original effect was 12 years old and TPTB including me felt that it was time t for a change it's just done to makee the show look better
              That what happen in Babylon 5 and its "Jump Point" and "Jump Gate" vortex effect, which at the time that I saw them were good looking, but now looking at they look a little dated. But if you look at the effect in the "Call to Arms", Crusade, and "The Legend of the Rangers", the effect got a heck at better looking.
              "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
              The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
              Rose: "Your face!"
              The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
              The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Originally posted by Unorthodox
                Probably because the Atlantis gate has a more advanced (read: Version 2.0) gate program, and by connecting with the Atlantis gate, ours got updated somehow. At least, that's how I figure it.

yes and i've said that many times before.

anywat it's better than the old one

Comment

The later Jump Point and Jump Gate effect from Babylon 5 resembles the current enter-exit hyperspace effect in StarGate.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I notice there are several different exit effects for hyperspace: goa'uld purple bubblish tug one, goa'uld purple steam one, asgard one, wraith one and Ancient one which seems to be a combination of asgard and goa'uld purple steam one.

Comment

Different Races have different HyperEngines, just as different Galaxies have different gates (except Ida).

Also, for the Gate effects- Correlative Updates from Atlantis.

Comment

I don't think it's really as much a stargate correlative update as it is just new visual effects because it's not like you can see what we see when traveling through the gate. TPTB just want to keep everything up-to-date and fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by scodid
                          I don't think it's really as much a stargate correlative update as it is just new visual effects because it's not like you can see what we see when traveling through the gate. TPTB just want to keep everything up-to-date and fresh.
                          thank you

it's just a visual effect doesn't need to be explained as a update to the gate system or atlantis
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

But hey, it makes sense! Ignore the fact that it is a TV show & is controlled by TPTB & think about it realisticly, Corelative Updates make it make sense. What, did the Stargate decide to have a change of design itself? No! So The Updates from Atlantis give explaination for it. Granted a Gater can't see it, but it still explains it!

Comment

it doesnt need to be explained,
                              when your going through the gate you dont see anything...your just a load of bits of matter and energy and data, we only see the 'wormhole' to help us understand that theyve gone FAR.
                              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Working...
                              X