Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you Be angry if the Wraith turned out tobe ancients gone rouge?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you Be angry if the Wraith turned out tobe ancients gone rouge?

I was just wondering, the biggest mystery of the wraith was that there language was similar to atlantean language, but thousands of years ago. Would you be angry if it just turned out, that the Wraith are atlanteans turned rouge. They wanted to survive the ancient plague by turning themselves into vampires, and the other atlanteans came to stop them.

Wow...that would be weird...but somehow I doubt that's what the wraith are...but I guess I'd be sort of mad because frankly...2 splits in the ancients is enough (Ori and Alterans), we don't need 3...

Comment

Yes I would be angry. Everyone's an ancient now days, I am very much over the whole ancient thing. I would like the Wraith to be more three dimensional characters and a whole lot more scary before they become anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan Deltoran
        Wow...that would be weird...but somehow I doubt that's what the wraith are...but I guess I'd be sort of mad because frankly...2 splits in the ancients is enough (Ori and Alterans), we don't need 3...

We actually have 3 already, The Lantiens, The Ori & The Alterans.

Also if you count all Humans across the Milky way, who are the second evolution of the Ancients, we'd have 4.

Also, if you count the
        Spoiler:
        Asurans, who are the technological off-shoot from the Lantiens,
        we'd have 5.

So, 5 different sects. So, it would have to be
        we don't need 6...

Comment

yes, i think that would be a very bad idea. personally, i like the idea that the ancients helped facilitate their evolution better. maybe if we had a common thread that linked us, but not just that they were rogues.

Comment

Well, I guess it all depends on how it happened. I just don't see it being easily reconciled, seeing as how Wraith technology was vastly inferior to Ancient technology. The only reason they won the war was because of sheer numbers.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like that - I mean, where did they get all their technology, if not from feeding off of and merging with the atlantean beings.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                We actually have 3 already, The Lantiens, The Ori & The Alterans.

Also if you count all Humans across the Milky way, who are the second evolution of the Ancients, we'd have 4.

Also, if you count the
                Spoiler:
                Asurans, who are the technological off-shoot from the Lantiens,
                we'd have 5.

So, 5 different sects. So, it would have to be
                That's not true, Lantians are Alterans, they simply left the MW when the plague struck. They named themselves 'Lantians' because they lived on atlantis, they are still Alterans though. Rather said, Orlin referred to themselves as Alterans, not Lantians.

Humans aren't related to the Alterans, we are simply a second evolution, we shouldn't and can't be called a 4th split off from the original group that consisted of the Ori and Alterans.
                Spoiler:
                The same applies to the Asurans because they were CREATED (read: constructed) by the ancients, they are not a split off or anything like it.
                error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                  That's not true, Lantians are Alterans, they simply left the MW when the plague struck. They named themselves 'Lantians' because they lived on atlantis, they are still Alterans though. Rather said, Orlin referred to themselves as Alterans, not Lantians.

Humans aren't related to the Alterans, we are simply a second evolution, we shouldn't and can't be called a 4th split off from the original group that consisted of the Ori and Alterans.
                  Spoiler:
                  The same applies to the Asurans because they were CREATED (read: constructed) by the ancients, they are not a split off or anything like it.

So, when Europeans migrated to America they stayed European? No, they became American. Same with the lantiens, they migrated to another Galaxy & became a different Culture, hence the 3rd Split.

We are actually related to the Alterans, the ATA gene in a few of us meaning that some of Earth's population had Alteran Ancestors. While it's true that not all Humans have it, they still had "some" Alteran DNA because they "seeded" human life using their DNA, hence "in their image."

Spoiler:
                  The Asurans had the same basic culture as the Lantiens, they spoke the same language & had relations with them (social & economical, although they collapsed. So I would consider them to be Lantien, or an off-shoot when they split.

It's like America (or the US) is a culture occupied by hundreds of different cultures: Asians, British, Spanish, African, Middle Easten, far Easten, etc. But they're all part of the same culture now (due to the melting pot). This can be related to the Lantiens as it could be said that they are made up of different cultures- The Main Lantiens, The Asurans & any hypothetical refugess or allies that also lived in one of their many cities (i.e the Tower, Atlantis, etc).
                  Last edited by The Prophet; 06 April 2006, 02:40 AM.

Comment

So, when Europeans migrated to America they stayed European? No, they became American. Same with the lantiens, they migrated to another Galaxy & became a different Culture, hence the 3rd Split.

We are actually related to the Alterans, the ATA gene in a few of us meaning that some of Earth's population had Alteran Ancestors. While it's true that not all Humans have it, they still had "some" Alteran DNA because they "seeded" human life using their DNA, hence "in their image."
                    Actually some humans would be part lantian since they came back and possibly interbred with humanity giving the actuvatuib gebe as well in the process.

I wouldnt really like the idea if the Wraith turned out to be Lantians in some shape or form. I personally liked the old idea of them being an ancient evil enemy that lived in Pegasus before the Lantians came but they changed it. Now we have
                    Spoiler:
                    2 races that were 'accidents' namely the Wraith and the Asurans. I say leave it at that

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i wouldn't be angry but i would be surprised.
                      Last edited by generaloneill; 06 April 2006, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        The Asurans had the same basic culture as the Lantiens, they spoke the same language & had relations with them (social & economical, although they collapsed. So I would consider them to be Lantien, or an off-shoot when they split.

It's like America (or the US) is a culture occupied by hundreds of different cultures: Asians, British, Spanish, African, Middle Easten, far Easten, etc. But they're all part of the same culture now (due to the melting pot). This can be related to the Lantiens as it could be said that they are made up of different cultures- The Main Lantiens, The Asurans & any hypothetical refugess or allies that also lived in one of their many cities (i.e the Tower, Atlantis, etc).
                        We are talking galaxy wide here, do we not call americans and europeans both humans?

It's no different for the ancients.
                        error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                          Well, I guess it all depends on how it happened. I just don't see it being easily reconciled, seeing as how Wraith technology was vastly inferior to Ancient technology. The only reason they won the war was because of sheer numbers.
                          I totally agree. Personally, such a move would anger me a bit.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

yeah it would anger me bit too
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                              We are talking galaxy wide here, do we not call americans and europeans both humans?

It's no different for the ancients.

Do we call the Tok'ra Goa'uld? No, we name them seperatly because they are two differnet Cultures but the same race, same with the Ancients.

Also, wouldn't we just take the idea of different cultures (instead of races) & magnify it to the entire Galactic Cluster?

Why isn't their an earth Flag on the First Lunar Landing site? Because Earth isn't a whole culture, so we can't tar all the differnet cultures with the same brush ( where brushing indicates labelling them by race as opposed to culture). Anyway, we don't even have an Earth Flag, let alone the same socail structures. For all that matters politacly & socially we might as well be different races.

(When I say "races", I'm talking about different spieces, not different ethnicities).

Comment

Working...
                              X