PDA

View Full Version : Gate symbols

Elite Anubis Guard
April 5th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Have any been made for the Horizon gate?

SierraGulf1
April 5th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I do recall a gate model on the ProBoards forum, and I think it was the episode picture for "Connection." I'm not sure if those are original symbols, though.

Alex Rubit
April 5th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Those were original symbols actually, if I remember correctly. I'll have to look it up, and perhaps post it again.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 6th, 2006, 10:08 AM
So those are your definet symbols?

Alex Rubit
April 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM
So those are your definet symbols?

Actually that's not quite sure yet. They might still change once we get to designing the gates.

Tiletron
April 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I gotta say, though, as an original stargate it is awesome to look at :)

lionel_pendergast_rocks
April 11th, 2006, 09:06 PM
That Naydian guy who made it just... disappeared.

Lightbane
April 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM
The script says totally different symbols indicating no connection to the Milky Way or Pegagus or Ida galaxy systems meaning it would need different symbols (knowing that the spacegates only have 8 symbols on them)

Sparda
April 15th, 2006, 11:16 AM
i have seen pics of the gate but they where kind of fake someone made the chevrons green and the glyphs where green.
and have pasted on a real naturepicsure.
lookt kind of nice.
but if it was real i dunno

Elite Anubis Guard
April 15th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Lol I ,made that one. The picture.

Sparda
April 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
How many did you make i found 4 on the web.
they where kind of cool.
they should use them for real.
you know as horizon gate
that can be cool

Tiletron
April 16th, 2006, 03:39 AM
The script says totally different symbols indicating no connection to the Milky Way or Pegagus or Ida galaxy systems meaning it would need different symbols (knowing that the spacegates only have 8 symbols on them)

Well I did hear Alex stating there is a limited-connection with our's galaxy's network of stargates to Triangulum's, as mentioned in the Season 1 Pilot. These stargates similar to the one on the Horizon Station are located on the edge of our galaxy, enabling a partial link to their network, however they could, probably, only be reached on the other gates from Earth using its dialling computer and not a normal DHD.

Alex Rubit
April 16th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Well I did hear Alex stating there is a limited-connection with our's galaxy's network of stargates to Triangulum's, as mentioned in the Season 1 Pilot. These stargates similar to the one on the Horizon Station are located on the edge of our galaxy, enabling a partial link to their network, however they could, probably, only be reached on the other gates from Earth using its dialling computer and not a normal DHD.

Actually "Connection" is all about these kind of things. It gives a lot of insight into how these Stargates work, and if they can connect to the Earth network.

Tiletron
April 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I guess a stargate could connect to any network, if you switched out one DHD from one galaxy to that of a DHD from another.

The DHD is really what makes the connection, the Stargate just gets you there