This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Shep/Teyla AND Anti-Shep/Weir

The title's self-explanatory. A thread for those of us who, for whatever reason, don't want to get caught up in the Sheyla/Sparky ship war (and jeez, do I hate those names) because we can't stand either pairing.

Post away.
    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
    Spoiler:
    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Wow! Is this guy gonna be single or what?

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
      The title's self-explanatory. A thread for those of us who, for whatever reason, don't want to get caught up in the Sheyla/Sparky ship war (and jeez, do I hate those names) because we can't stand either pairing.

Post away.
      I think I love you for starting this thread!

Yes, the man should remain single! No S/W or S/T please!
      Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
      You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
      Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

It isn't whether or not you like Sheppard, its more you dislike Teyla or Weir. The writers couldn't get Sam and Jack right and now they are making a mess of Atlantis. It would be better if Sheppard had a lady friend who was just recurring and not one of the regs.

Comment

I already posted my thoughts on ship in the Stargate community in the general anti-ship thread (I don't want to see realized ship in SGA or SG-1 because I know TPTB will muck it up), but I'm posting here to applaud you for trying to steer these discussions back on topic. Good luck.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM
            It isn't whether or not you like Sheppard, its more you dislike Teyla or Weir. The writers couldn't get Sam and Jack right and now they are making a mess of Atlantis. It would be better if Sheppard had a lady friend who was just recurring and not one of the regs.
            Who says that Shep has to hook up with anyone, though? Jack and Daniel, for the most part, remained bachelors for the majority of SG-1. But, anyway, that's beside the point of this thread.

For me, the problem isn't so much as I like one female character over another. I happen to adore Elizabeth ten times more than Teyla, but still the idea of S/W ship manages to make me roll my eyes. These two ships lack solid foundation, because the ptb like to jump back and forth between the two, and it's creating a mess! Just look at this insane ship war and animosity between the two camps!

I'm a solid anti-S/anyone at the moment. Weir is too much of a friend to be seen as a romantic interest, and Teyla is . . . does he even talk to Teyla?
            Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
            You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
            Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM
              That would make life so much simpler...The wouldn't be any upheaval of the main cast characterization, and the writers could get to writing scripts that don't have to constantly have anything shippish in them to take away from the story.

R.I.P Wraithlord
              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Why does being anti ship have to mean hating one or both characters? Can't I like and appreciate the characters involved but simply believe that they're unsuitable as a couple?

And for the record, it's also entirely possible to be anti ONE couple and not automatically be pro ANOTHER couple. I don't hate X/Y because I love X/Z instead, I hate X/Y because I don't think they have any chemistry and/or their personalities are too much at odds. Or whatever.

Let's hope this thread stays more friendly and tolerant (and not Us vs. Them) than their predecessors. *sigh*

Comment

Post away.

Yay! *throws confetti*

Down with ship on Atlantis!!

Comment

Love it, leaves more room for kirking.

Comment

I do believe the Mods just yanked away the Anti-S/W thread for misbehaving, so this is the only home for people like us now.

EDIT: Let's try to keep this one respectable, so as not to have the same problems.
                      Sig by Whistler84, RIP.

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Of course you lot wouldn't mind if Sheppard was shipped up with you...unless you are of course anti Weir and/or Teyla.

Comment

The hopeless romantic within me actually hopes that, in time, TPTB get their acts together and figure out how to do ship in a touching, non-obstrusive, plot-benefitting, character-developing manner. But even if that does happen, I still don't want to see Sheppard with Teyla or Weir. I don't see the Sheppard/Teyla chemistry and I don't think that Sheppard and Weir are feasible, plotwise.

But I admit that I may be biased because, and I know this unthinkable, but
                          I happen to ship both Elizabeth and Teyla with male characters other than John.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

The hopeless romantic within me actually hopes that, in time, TPTB get their acts together and figure out how to do ship in a touching, non-obstrusive, plot-benefitting, character-developing manner. But even if that does happen, I still don't want to see Sheppard with Teyla or Weir. I don't see the Sheppard/Teyla chemistry and I don't think that Sheppard and Weir are feasible, plotwise.

But I admit that I may be biased because, and I know this unthinkable, but
                            I happen to ship both Elizabeth and Teyla with male characters other than John.
                            I'd like to see Liz with Lorne and Teyla with McKay myself. I agree that plot wise it would be difficult to do either S/W or S/T

Comment

No shipping of Lorne. He's MINE, dammit! I don't wanna share.

I'm against any ship between the main characters. If you HAVE to have characters in a relationship, let it be one of the main characters and someone we rarely/never see. An offscreen romance is probably the only safe way to go on Stargate. Not anyone we already know and not anyone we see often. That way the writers have fewer opportunities to turn it into a nightmarish mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X