RDA's Legend series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA's Legend series

Remember the comedy/Western/steampunk series 'Legend' starring Richard Dean Anderson and John De Lancie? Fans are trying to persuade Paramount to put it out on DVD. Paramount do not want letters about possible DVD releases, but will take phone calls on the number below. Every call is logged and if enough people show interest in "Legend", Paramount may consider it for release. Here's what to do:

1. Call Paramount on 323 956 5000 (if you are calling from outside the US, use 001 323 956 5000).
    2. Ask the machine operator for "Home Entertainment". (If the machine doesn't understand you, hang on - after three tries you'll get a person).
    3. Ask politely for Paramount to release "Legend" starring Richard Dean Anderson and John De Lancie on DVD. They'll make a note of your call.

Paramount have said they are happy to receive calls on the number above, so it's up to us - we CAN make this happen! The more calls they get, the more likely they are to believe that we will buy the show on DVD.

You can find information on 'Legend' at http://www.rdanderson.com/homepage.htm and http://www.vidiot.com/UPN/Legend/

For those RDA fans wondering "why not ask for 'MacGyver'?", that show is still making money in syndication so at this time our guess is that Paramount are more likely to release 'Legend'.

Please feel free to pass this message on to websites, lists or people who might be interested. The more fans who know about it, the better.

If you have any questions or suggestions you are welcome to e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Sally Allan
    [email protected]

Ok we're finally getting MacGyver on DVD right? Can I hear a "Woo Hoo"?

"Woo Hoo"

Now we all know that was down to, ok with a little bit of help from, a petition that was doing the rounds, started by a friend of mine. So, what would you all say if I said "Do you want Legend on DVD too?"

Well here's the deal, if you do - go along to http://www.petitiononline.com/Legendvd/petition.html
    and sign the new petition to get Legend onto DVD!!!

Paramount listened to us once, so why not again

All signatures gratefully received.

Thank you, this has been a 'Richard Dean Anderson Appreciation Society public information announcement'

Comment

I am a big fan of Richard Dean Anderson, especially Jack O'Niell.

I don't know if many of you are aware of it, but he played in another TV series called Legend. In it RDA played Ernest Pratt, a gambling, womanizing, hard-drinking writer who has created a dashing literary hero, Nicodemus Legend, the main character in a wildly imaginative series of dime novels set in the dangerous, untamed West. Pratt has created Legend in his own image, and all the novels are written in the first person. Because of this, many readers believe that Ernest Pratt is Nicodemus Legend. The irony is that while Pratt himself is something of a lost soul, he has created in Nicodemus Legend a romantic hero who embodies all the optimism and creative spirit of America in the 1870s.

This role is sooooooooo different than any other of RDA's roles! He is simply hilarious in it! RDA has a notorius sense of humor and he really lets it fly in this series! He has often said in interviews over the years that this was his favorite project. He really loved doing this show and playing this role so much that it really shines through his performance!

Legend aired for only one season in 1995 and I missed it then, but I was recently lucky enough to get hold of a copy of this series. I loved it so much that I decided to create a web site dedicated to it.

The web site has tons of screen captures, sound clips, and even video clips! The video clips in particular give you a good idea of what the show was like and just how funny RDA is in this role. To get to the caps/sounds/videos, go to the Episodes page.

Since this is a new web site, I have not yet had the time to create screen caps/sounds/videos for all the episodes, only for the first episode, "Birth of a Legend." But, I will be adding the other eisodes over time. So check back once in a while.

If you are a Richard Dean Anderson fan, you owe it to yourself to check out this show. If you still have any doubts about whether or not you'd like RDA in this role, just check out his picture in my signature.

Now honestly, is THAT a face you can refuse?

LOL!

Here's the URL: http://www.nicodemuslegend.com/
      Beth

Comment

Thank you BethI, will check out your website. I watched every eps of Legends when it aired in my country, but I think they didn't aired all of them, still waiting for it's DVD released (hopefully soon !)
        I found it funny & very entertaining and love RDA to bits, but then again I'm a fan of MacGyver too.
        I would suggest you to post this in RDA thunk thread (in Characters & relationships) too, I know some people there love Ernie too.
        sigpic
        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Jade I'll do that.
          Beth

Comment

Has anybody seen it? Is it available anywhere?

A Science Fiction comedy wild-western with RDA and John DeLancie sounds like a cool premise.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I watched it when it was on and it was actually pretty good. I'd love to pick it up on DVD, but haven't heard anything regarding release.
              I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Come to think of it, I do remember that a little. Very vaguely, however.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

By the time I caught a few episodes, it had already been cancelled. It really was very good.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

it was pretty good
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Nope. Passed me by.
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I have it on tape. RDA looked like he was having a great time. It was a fun show. There is a petition floating around to have it released on DVD.

It is being sold on E-Bay, DVDS made from video tapes by a couple of people.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                          RDA looked like he was having a great time.
                          He did, didn't he?

I thought John DeLancie and RDA were a great team. They had that good buddy chemistry and I thought the show was great. I wonder what happened.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

This is not quite SciFi, may be considered Fantasy, but for all you die-hard RDA fans, if you don't already know about this, I wanted to be sure you knew.
                            There is an online petition to get RDA's show Legend on DVD. Here's the link:
                            Legend Petition
                            I loved this show when it was on for it's one aborted season & I told UPN what I thought of them for axing it!! That they were ignorant, brainless twits with absolutely no class!!!
                            Lets get it on DVD!!!!

Comment

I must admit, I've never seen any of Legend.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X