This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Pawns? more powerful enemy?

I was wondering if anyone else thought that maybe the wraith were not the main reason the ancient got there butt kicked and left? I have been watching season 1 and 2 over and over, and wondered if some other power(enemy we have not seen) got the wraith to attack and the other power is still out there. In the episode rising, the ancient stated they have never met a more formable enemy with the same technology as they... the wraith doesn’t have the same technology or greater they have less technology... They just had numbers. We know the wraith are part human so where the ancients effected by the irratis bug, that some one else created? are the wraith pawns in a bigger picture?
    LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
    "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Possibly...

Here's an interesting tidbit of info for you, If the Orii didn't invent the virus in the Milky Way, then who did? It was invented long before the journey to Pegasus when they left the Milky Way.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Actually, the ancient hologram lady said:

before had we encountered beings with powers that rivaled our own.

Comment

well, i'm sure by powers she meant technology, their telepathic abilities, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by DrPepperJunkie
          well, i'm sure by powers she meant technology, their telepathic abilities, etc...
          The wraith used to be human. They were Ancients. It would have taken them years to develop the capabilities that they would need to fight the Ancients.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
            The wraith used to be human. They were Ancients. It would have taken them years to develop the capabilities that they would need to fight the Ancients.
            Have they said that yet? Concretely? I mean, I haven't been paying attention to SGA as closely as SG-1... but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been said yet. Beckett has a theory that the Wraith were once human, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say Ancient.

Comment

Actually, according to the theory the Wraith have never been human, they were that bug and gradually incorporated human dna into their genetic make up...

Comment

Yeah, the idea Beckett had was that he could make them human, and he succeeded pretty well with Michael. I was actually very impressed with the Michael thing because they finally started to think about the issue that's been bugging me since "The Rising" - what makes the Wraith anymore evil than us? Where the Gou'auld didn't have to be *******s to survive, the Wraith have no choice but to kill humans, they have no other food source.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  Actually, the ancient hologram lady said:
                  I got the impression the bugs infected ancients or humans they spawned, but as for powers I interpret as both technology and psychic, But both to which the Wraith lack compared to the ancients. So still wondering as to if there is another enemy more powerful that they were talking about, like who created the Nano virus or even the Black energy entity in season one, it was sort of ascended. Maybe the Atlantis team goofed and just interoperated it as wraith being the enemy. I hope this it true because to me the wraith are just not a comparison to the ancients.
                  LoneWolf

Comment

I agree
                    LoneWolf

Comment

Possibly...

Here's an interesting tidbit of info for you, If the Orii didn't invent the virus in the Milky Way, then who did? It was invented long before the journey to Pegasus when they left the Milky Way.
                      thats been my question also, they still have not touched on that.
                      LoneWolf

Comment

I was wondering if anyone else thought that maybe the wraith were not the main reason the ancient got there butt kicked and left? I have been watching season 1 and 2 over and over, and wondered if some other power (enemy we have not seen) got the wraith to attack and the other power is still out there. In the episode rising, the ancient stated they have never met a more formable enemy with the same Powers as they.(i assume tech & psychic).. The wraith doesn’t have the same technology or greater they have less technology... They just had numbers. We know the wraith are part human so where the ancients effected by the irratis bug, that some one else created? Are the wraith pawns in a bigger picture, with a bigger enemy and the Atlantis team made a mistake thinking it was the wraith?
                        LoneWolf

Comment

Isn't this the same thread as in season 2?

Well, anyway. If We've got a Wraith Queen & Wraith King & your saying we've got Wraith Pawns; we just need Wraith Bishops, Wraith Knights & Wraith Rooks.

Seroiusly though, I think that the Wraith are the main enemy, no Super-race behind pulling the strings. Unless there are Ascended Wraith for some odd reason, but I doubt it. Or if some Wraith turn to Origin, but I still doubt that would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
                            I was wondering if anyone else thought that maybe the wraith were not the main reason the ancient got there butt kicked and left? I have been watching season 1 and 2 over and over, and wondered if some other power(enemy we have not seen) got the wraith to attack and the other power is still out there. In the episode rising, the ancient stated they have never met a more formable enemy with the same technology as they... the wraith doesn’t have the same technology or greater they have less technology... They just had numbers. We know the wraith are part human so where the ancients effected by the irratis bug, that some one else created? are the wraith pawns in a bigger picture?
                            Nothing was said about Wraith technology in "Rising". The hologram just said "powers".

However, it's very probable that the Wraith didn't come to be on their own. For one thing, they couldn't have been around for a little more than (at most) 200 years before the war broke out. Because the war lasted for almost 100 years. I doubt the Ancients would've let the Wraith roam free and suck the life out of their proteges for centuries or millennia or millions of years.

Also, technology like that takes a lot of time to develop. I doubt they just popped out all of a sudden. The only feasible explanations are:

A) The Wraith weren't in Pegasus to begin with but came there after the Ancients had arrived (but what about that slumbering enemy?!)
                            B) The Wraith were created by a 3rd party.

Comment

It took the Ancients millions of years to make their technology. Apparently it took the Wraith only a couple hundred, possibly 1 thousand years to create their technology. The hologram lady siad that the Wraith slept, and that when they woke up they began to feed on all the other races. This would mean that they hadnt woken up before,or that they hadnt fed on humans before. I think that they were given their technology
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X