Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long until Sci-Fi stops piggybacking...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long until Sci-Fi stops piggybacking...

How long until Sci-Fi stops piggybacking Atlantis onto SG1???

I am already sick and tired of seeing SG1 everytime before Atlantis. I heard that they were going to re-air the premier and as much as I love SG1, why couldn't they have just aired the premier?

Does anyone else think Atlantis can stand on it's own??? I do.

My guess, I say that it will be a full a season before TPTB cut Atlantis loose. (To air on it's own, that is.)
    I have two Amazon parrots and the scars to prove it.
    Zat Gun
    aka: URGO, aka: Stu

I believe the reason they put Atlantis on after sg1 is because..
    1) It makes it easier for stargate fans to catch them at the same time.
    2) its a spinoff and a new series so they may think if people watch sg1 and liek it they'll stick aorund to watch atlantis so they get people hooked to two shows and it wont interferre with their schedule.

I never thought of them as piggybacking because Friday and Monday are my Stargate nights, if Atlantis took half of sg1's monday line up then they'd be piggy backing. but they arent piggy backing and i would be angry if they changed day of either show because I feel I will only watch one. But if theyd like to air new episodes every wednesday and friday, of both shows then Id be happy but I like the fact that right after sg1 is over i still get mroe gate action in atlantis.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

If it weren't for SG-1 and Atlantis being aired on the same night, I probably would not watch Atlantis.

Comment

I think it's awesome to have them back-to-back. That way I can get my SG fix all in one shot.

Comment

Why does it bother you to see two great independant episodes. Even though they are right next to eachother, I think most people doesn't see it as one long 2 hour episode of stargate. Plus Sg1 only has this last season, then it will be cut loose. Considering they are setting ratings records with both episodes together, I doubt switching them to alternate days is something they want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Zat Gun

I am already sick and tired of seeing SG1 everytime before Atlantis. I heard that they were going to re-air the premier and as much as I love SG1, why couldn't they have just aired the premier?

Does anyone else think Atlantis can stand on it's own??? I do.

My guess, I say that it will be a full a season before TPTB cut Atlantis loose. (To air on it's own, that is.)
            are you crazy??? I love having 2 hours of stargate!!
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by furry
              If it weren't for SG-1 and Atlantis being aired on the same night, I probably would not watch Atlantis.
              Have DVR...will watch anything anytime.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Zat Gun
                Stargate on Friday night works for SciFi. It somehow got tagged as "kiss-of-death" night for broadcasting in general, but I can only guess this applies to people who can't program a VCR.

It makes sense that they'd capitalize on SG-1's audience to build an audience for Atlantis. I would have to say that it seems to be working. If either show continues a good show in the ratings, I can't see why they'd change it...at least not mid-season. SG-1 has been on Friday night for eight years, so I don't think they'd change that in what is likely the last season. If they moved either show, they would have to do a massive advertising "Moving to <whatever> night" blitz (i.e., spend more $$$)

If you don't like SG-1, you can always tune-in/record later.
                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                once done, cannot be undone...
                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac8400
                  Plus Sg1 only has this last season, then it will be cut loose.
                  When did this happen??? I dont think its true, they still have more to do in our Galaxy. Atlantis cant do our galaxy for a while.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Actually, I think it makes perfect sense to have Atlantis air after SG-1 and I'd probably be irritated if they tried to change it. I have a hard enough time remembering to watch things. Having a block like that makes it easy. Mess around with it and I'm likely to start forgetting to watch one or the other. I already forget to watch Monk and 4400.

Now the commercials get a bit tedious, but hopefully once the initial furor dies down, that'll settle out, too.

Comment

It would have to air right after SG1. I mean, what other show does Scifi have that people actually watch?!?! Where would they put it? Before they had Friday Prime and Saturday Prime, with different shows. Now all they have left is SG1! SG1 is the only thing that keeps the channel alive. At least until Battlestar Galactica. They cant live on miniseries and cheap movies only. That doesnt keep loyal viewers. It was stupid of them to cancel Farscape and those other shows that had, The Chronicle as an example.
                      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

i love that it's back to back....i get to watch MORE stargate...and watching ATL after SG1 looks more chronological too me for some wierd reason....may be because ATL is new! i dunno...but i'm loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                          It makes sense that they'd capitalize on SG-1's audience to build an audience for Atlantis. I would have to say that it seems to be working. If either show continues a good show in the ratings, I can't see why they'd change it...at least not mid-season. SG-1 has been on Friday night for eight years, so I don't think they'd change that in what is likely the last season. If they moved either show, they would have to do a massive advertising "Moving to <whatever> night" blitz (i.e., spend more $$$)
                          Agree with all the above. As long as SG-1 is in it's last season they're not going to move anything around to try and "anchor" another night of viewing.

I think Atlantis is going to be able to stand on its own just fine as long as they can keep up the standard set by "Rising" and "Hide and Seek". I think the ratings for Atlantis's "Hide and Seek" vs. SG-1s "Lockdown" are going to be very good.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Well, right now the only reason they're piggybacking is because it makes the most sense financially. As for how long it will last ... as soon as some executive assistant at the Scifi Channel puts together a colorful Powerpoint presentation with figures showing that there's money to be made changing the schedule, then the execs at Scifi change the schedule.

Comment

How do ya feel about UPN Paramount trying to piggyfront Enterprise on at 8pm before Stargate to catch an audience?

Comment

Working...
                              X