Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nox - Older and more powerful than the Ancients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox - Older and more powerful than the Ancients?

I just saw the Nox episode again, from season 1... and a thought struck me.

We haven't been given any indication so far as to what the actual age of the Nox race is... There's also, at present, nothing to suggest that they aren't as advanced as the Ancients.

See, so far we've all assumed that Ascension is the ultimate goal... but what if it isn't? What if Ascension is just another step?

Oma specifically said that Ascension is just another step on the way or something like that.

It's entirely possible the Nox can now rival the Ancients before they died out. Or that they're more powerful. For one thing, they're live for hundreds upon hundreds of years and cannot be killed by anything other than old age (and who knows, maybe once they become too old to keep on living, they might autoamtically Ascend because they all know how to. Or they're reborn. Or they have the Fountain of Youth).

Comment

I think the Nox are an off shoot of the Alterans who chose a different path similar to how the Ori chose Religion and Alterans chose science, the nox could have chosen spirituality or mental development. Anyway they look far too like us to not be related in some manor, hell i think the Asgard are probably related millions of years ago

maybe their even ancients who chose to advance to the ultimate level prior to accension? they definately show the characteristics

Comment

in Threads, daniel asks oma if the people in the diner are ascended ancients, to which she replies yeah, some of them. now there were alot of people there, and anubis appeared human.. a fat human too. so i guess appearances can be deceiving in that plane. Quite possibly the Nox have advanced to a level where they can ascend, but simply choose not to. They're perfectly happy living in their own little peaceful bubble away from the turbulence of the galaxy.. But if they do die, then perhaps they do ascend and join their old allies.

Their floating city/cloak tech looks as advanced as the alterans', if not more so. the asgard have had 10000 years to advance to where they are today compared to when the ancients were around, so it stands to reason the Nox have continued to advance technologically and spiritually also. It seems wierd that four races in an alliance spanning millenia, should be on such different levels of technogy.

I really think that to combat the ori, the four great races will have to regroup, along with a probationary Earth as the Fifth Race.

Potential s10 final ep cliffhanger there?

Comment

Who knows...The Nox were never revisted! Bad move on TPTB part.

Comment

Didn't the Alterans reseed virtually all humanoid life in the Milky Way. That being the case, they would have "created" the Knox & Asgard as they're humanoid (or, in the case of the Asgard, were humanoid). So would that mean that the Alterans are older than the Knox, as they created them?

Also, joining onto the Furling Mystery, "Are the Furlings Humanoid?"

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
              Didn't the Alterans reseed virtually all humanoid life in the Milky Way. That being the case, they would have "created" the Knox & Asgard as they're humanoid (or, in the case of the Asgard, were humanoid). So would that mean that the Alterans are older than the Knox, as they created them?

Wrong about the Asgard because they came from Ida galaxy not the Milky Way.

And I would rather believe that the Nox and Asgard evolved on their own. While the Ancients were a powerful race it would seem really strange if they seem to have created almost everything in the universe.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I actually think the Alterans did create the Asgard. What are the chances a Humanoid race would evolve seperate from other humanoid races without the Alteran interferance of Panspermia?

I think the Alterans visited Ida, hence why there are Stargates there & the adress is in the Ancient Repository of Knowledge, they visited there, seeded humanoid life & planeted Gates.

Same with other Humanoid races, like the Knox, Tollan, etc. Also, It wasn't the Universe, it was a few Galaxies, a Galactic Cluster at most.

Comment

The Asgards are not from our galaxy. And the Furlings are NOT humanoid. We know that much from "Paradise Lost" behind-the-scenes talks.

As for the poster below you: It's highly improbably the Ancients created the Asgard. For one thing, even the frozen one from millions of years ago wasn't THAT humanoid. And they said that "a long time ago, we were similar". Not "A long time ago, we looked like you".

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    The Asgards are not from our galaxy. And the Furlings are NOT humanoid. We know that much from "Paradise Lost" behind-the-scenes talks.

As for the poster below you: It's highly improbably the Ancients created the Asgard. For one thing, even the frozen one from millions of years ago wasn't THAT humanoid. And they said that "a long time ago, we were similar". Not "A long time ago, we looked like you".
                    Sorry, forgot that the Furling Skeleton was a subsitute.

The Poster Below me, is me, check the Username. How is it highly improbable? it's neither probable, nor improbable: they were slightly Humanoid, like the Unas. Who's to say that the Alterans didn't create them? Also, if they didn't create them, how are they're Gates in Ida? And how did the Ancient Repository know of them?

The Alterans probably made the repositories before they left for Pegasus & the Asgard most likley weren't around at the time or they would have been aware of the Ori & the Plague. But, with all the retconning going on, who's to say they didn't? This is confusing...

Edit- Wait, when was Heliopolis built? Before of After They Left for Pegasus? That could explain alot...

Comment

Originally posted by thomashortoncc
                      I think the Nox are an off shoot of the Alterans who chose a different path similar to how the Ori chose Religion and Alterans chose science, the nox could have chosen spirituality or mental development. Anyway they look far too like us to not be related in some manor, hell i think the Asgard are probably related millions of years ago

maybe their even ancients who chose to advance to the ultimate level prior to accension? they definately show the characteristics
                      Well, the problem with that is the fact that the Nox were part of the Great Alliance, the other three races being the Furlings, Asgard and Ancients. That doesn't rule it out, but it does make it more difficult to rectify, especially considering how different their writing is.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                        Oma specifically said that Ascension is just another step on the way or something like that.

It's entirely possible the Nox can now rival the Ancients before they died out.

Yup. Although what I'm saying is... what if the Nox are much older and more powerful than the Ancients? What if the Nox are everywhere? As in... go to any galaxy and find a Nox colony? As in... the Nox are just so ******* old and powerful but at the same time so pacifistic that they do nothing. Like in the great alliance the Nox representative just sorta rocked up... all the other races talked about technology and the Nox dude at the back of the room rolled himself a joint and laughed at them.

Comment

Sorry, forgot that the Furling Skeleton was a subsitute.

The Poster Below me, is me, check the Username. How is it highly improbable? it's neither probable, nor improbable: they were slightly Humanoid, like the Unas. Who's to say that the Alterans didn't create them? Also, if they didn't create them, how are they're Gates in Ida? And how did the Ancient Repository know of them?

The Alterans probably made the repositories before they left for Pegasus & the Asgard most likley weren't around at the time or they would have been aware of the Ori & the Plague. But, with all the retconning going on, who's to say they didn't? This is confusing...

Edit- Wait, when was Heliopolis built? Before of After They Left for Pegasus? That could explain alot...
                          The Repositories could have been made post Pegasus also. And I always see it that the alliance was created post pegasus as well considering how old the Asgard were technologically when they found one of their ancestors in space. The stargate in Ida can easily be explained as a way for the Asgard or Ancients to visit eachother quickly and without using the vital resource that is a starship. No canon explanation of this mind you.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Asgard and Nox are different

I think we need to. Sure, at one point, the Ancients were the end-all be all uber powerful enlightened beings.

However, because of the progression of the story etc etc etc, they are simply too flawed and vulnerable now to be the demi-Gods we once saw.

Instead, they are simply a very advanced race that has had a HUGE impact on us and we are descended from.

The Nox have had millenia to advance, and I'm sure they've done so mentally, so that's their path.

The poor, poor Asgard. They've progressed technologically at great expense - dying race + replicators - homeworld = bad shape.

It would be interesting to see them both help take on the Ori, in their vastly different ways. What if the mental prowess of the Nox rivals that of priors? If they can, for instance, take away their powers. Perform other "miracles" for the masses to combat the Ori on a philosophical plane?

The Asgard's prowess was greatly diminished with the Replicators (they were also once an end-all be all uber powerful race) - but they shouldn't be counted out yet. It would be a grave mistake of TPTB to do such a thing.

Instead, show that we're on a slightly more level playing field than before, and we must all band together before the assault of the Ori.

Each race has amazing skills and strengths, as well as painful weaknesses. Imagine the episode where we begin to band together in solidarity as a Galaxy? Imagine if it was done right, just how amazing a sight it would see. From the moment of agreement to the defense and counterattack?

Though it may never happen, I can hope

TPTB will squander a rich history of incredibly writing and mythology if they ignore this oppurtunity.
                            Teal'c- "I have a strange feeling about Allar, like he's concealing something."

O'Neill - "Like what?"

Teal'c - "I do not know colonel, he is concealing it."

Comment

I would love to find out more about the Nox. And, actually see them use some of their supposed power to aid us against the Ori. Our side needs all the help it can get right now.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X