This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good sign?

I look up Dr. Who on my Tvio and it says that they aren't any more showing with expection of "World War III", despite the fact on SF's Channel Web Site says that they is.

What going on here?
    "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
    The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
    Rose: "Your face!"
    The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
    The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

^Probably a screw up on the part of Tvio (no idea what that is) But havent people had issues with that and Sci-fi recently involving Atlantis?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      ^Probably a screw up on the part of Tvio (no idea what that is) But havent people had issues with that and Sci-fi recently involving Atlantis?
      Okay, Tvio is a name of a Digial Video Recorder, like a VCR, but without the video tapes. Thing with Atlantis, I don't know about that one, because it ever happen to me.
      "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."

Comment

Originally posted by northstar_08030
        I look up Dr. Who on my Tvio and it says that they aren't any more showing with expection of "World War III", despite the fact on SF's Channel Web Site says that they is.

What going on here?
        You may have to manually set your Tivo to record Dr who.

tivo users had the same problem with Atlantis. I had to manually set my tivo to record the last 6 episodes of atlantis because sci-fi screwed up the data on Atlantis, and the tivo wouldn't pick up the new eps, even though the tivo said there were new eps available to record.

Comment

What going on here?
          Its gotta be a mistake on the part of tivo's auto programming because the ratings have been very good, especially for a sci fi show in their off season. Plus SciFi paid a lot of money for the broadcast rights, and unless the ratings drop down to around 0 they arent going to replace it with reruns of something since they dont have any other new programing starting up yet.

Comment

I know I haven't heard any news
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

It's showing up in my cable DVR. And SciFi's schedulebot has episodes through Boom Town already scheduled. The 2 parter season finale will probably air in June, week after Memorial Day.

Comment

Good, what a relief with the new episode showing in another DVR.

Comment

My TIVO has WWIII and DALEK cued up on the schedule.
                  Are you sure TIVO is connecting home?

Comment

I check it, and yes it dose show that episode.

Comment

Okay, Tvio is a name of a Digial Video Recorder, like a VCR, but without the video tapes. Thing with Atlantis, I don't know about that one, because it ever happen to me.
                      Tvio isn't anything, I believe you are speaking of Tivo.

Comment

Yes, I was talking about that.

Comment

I had the same problem with my TIVO at first.. What you need to do is amend your setting to be have it record all episodes, not just "first run" episodes. I think because this is not first run (since they were shown previously in the UK), that is why you have to make that change. Ever since then, all of the scheduled shows have shown up on my "to be reorded" list.

Comment

I have another brand of service, and I've run into similar problem with other shows.

If you set it to record new episodes, then it will search the description of each episode to find the word "new".

If that new episode doesn't have the word "new" in the description, then it isn't recorded.

Likewise, if an old episode has the word "new" or "news" in some other context, then it will be recorded.

Changing the setting from "new programs" to "all programs" generally fixes the first problem.

Setting a manual timer alleviates the second issue, but fixes it to a particular time, so the DVR won't look for a new episode at a different time slot.

If I had designed the system, I would have included a small code to search by to avoid the DVR misinterpreting the textual descriptors.

I also would have put some space aside to store the codes of previously recorded episodes even after they were deleted off the DVR, to prevent re-recording them by default.

Comment

Stupid Tivo glad we dont have the problems over here. *hugs sky plus box*
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X