This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for "The Real World"(Finally)

This was posted in the casting notice in one of the acting sites I frequent. They had the storyline for the episode, and it also said O'Neill (RDA) is going to be in it.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORY LINE: Dr. Elizabeth Weir awakens in a sanitarium, just outside Washington D.C., only to discover that she's been in a catatonic state for the past few days, and all her ramblings about Stargate and Atlantis
    are simply figments of her imagination -- triggered by a tragedy that has caused her mind to shut down. However, slowly, Weir begins to sense something is amiss. This new world she's experiencing is an induced hypnosis, manipulated by a villainous creature hell-bent on controlling her mind...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anywone having flashback from Farscape episode "Won't Get Fooled Again"?

This is very unoriginal, they did this on Stargate SG-1. Also this episode is very similar to the Buffy episode called"Normal Again"

A late April Fools Joke?

Anyone reminded of that Buffy Episode where she's in a Mental Asylum imagining everything?

Edit- Didn't read the last part of your post, thought it was your sig! Yeah, Normal Again, that's it!

Comment

This is NOT a April fool's Joke: This is REAL. A insider from the show who posts on the Stargate forum on trekbbs.com posted this.

Comment

How incredibly depressing to have Atlantis go down YET ANOTHER well-traveled and entirely unnecessary route.

And the first person who says "there are no more original ideas" is going to be smacked. There's unoriginal and then there's blatant, lazy rip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          And the first person who says "there are no more original ideas" is going to be smacked. There's unoriginal and then there's blatant, lazy rip-off.
          *LOL* I'm you on this, i try to give episodes a chance most of the time, but first the stupid 'fat guy' idea, and now this?, i read *this* fanfiction a while ago.

Comment

It isn't? Sorry, but i'm going to remain skeptical until I see the Yellow Print on Gateworld before I admit defeat.

So, this is the end for SG-1 & SGA and the Start of

Stargate:It's All In Weir's Mind!

Yay! With guest appearances of Halluciogenic Characters played by Rachael Lutrell, David Hewett, Joe Flanigan & Jason Momoa!

Yeah, there are no more original ideas in Sci-Fi (protects handsom face from vicious smacking). Anyhow, if it is... (must...strain...to...say....it...) Real *gasp* it sounds rather amusing. I wonder who the Creature who's hell-bent on controllling Weir's mind is? A Techy Wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              How incredibly depressing to have Atlantis go down YET ANOTHER well-traveled and entirely unnecessary route.

I guess I was wrong in thinking S3 couldn't get any worse than S2. This episode sounds nearly as idiotic as Irresistible. I refuse to believe Binder wrote it. Not to mention it bears a peculiar resemblance to a fanfiction I read about a year ago.

Comment

I think I remember reading a blurb for that fic and thinking, "How stupid can you get?" Guess now I know.

No offense to the fic's author and I never actually read it so maybe it was meant to be funny, but it's SO "been there, done that" that I personally can't see any value to it whatsoever. Not as a fic and sure as hell not as an actual ep.

Comment

*cough* "Home" *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    *cough* "Home" *cough*
                    Yup. That, too. Bad enough when they cannibalize SG-1, but when they're stealing stuff out of their own books...

Comment

Originally posted by lilslim142000
                      This was posted in the casting notice in one of the acting sites I frequent. They had the storyline for the episode, and it also said O'Neill (RDA) is going to be in it.

Quote:

STORY LINE: Dr. Elizabeth Weir awakens in a sanitarium, just outside Washington D.C., only to discover that she's been in a catatonic state for the past few days, and all her ramblings about Stargate and Atlantis
                      are simply figments of her imagination -- triggered by a tragedy that has caused her mind to shut down. However, slowly, Weir begins to sense something is amiss. This new world she's experiencing is an induced hypnosis, manipulated by a villainous creature hell-bent on controlling her mind...

Anywone having flashback from Farscape episode "Won't Get Fooled Again"?

This is very unoriginal, they did this on Stargate SG-1. Also this episode is very similar to the Buffy episode called"Normal Again"

Already posted here around 5 days ago!

Original Post

Comment

I read half of this fic, lost interest.

Comment

Well - it's not as bad as i was expecting after reading through the sulky thread ... i was expecting something completely ... moronic (more pupppets?). Having said that, it's a bit depressing when they're ripping themselves off within two seasons.

Still - at least there's some scope for it to be a vaguely entertaining clone, particularly as it's showcasing Weir instead of McShep for once (not that there's anything wrong with those two ... i just don't want 20 episodes a season completely focussed on them). I guess it'll be one to watch with brain switched off, and not trying to notice all the similarities.
                          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I have no doubt that Torri will perform magnificently in the ep, but I can still feel my brain leaking out of my ears at the sheer clichedness of the ep. I love Carl Binder, I think he does some fantastic stuff and I sincerely hope I'm wrong about how stupid this all sounds, but... I think this may be another ep I'll skip.

Comment

Questions about the quality of the story aside, there's something seriously weird going on with this. This information was posted on another non-SG site more than a week ago, but GW hasn't posted it yet. The person who sends me sides for Atlantis and other shows can't find this anywhere to confirm its existence. She says it could have come from local casting in Vancouver, but that neither confirms nor denies its credibility. Progeny wraps filming this week, so I suppose we could see actual sides for it. The other thing that makes this weird is that it seems to just be the top sheet and not actual sides, or else we'd have more information than just a simple summary.

As for the story itself... well, this plot annoys me less than girlfriends of the week, agrarian culture has possession of technology far beyond their means and valuable to the heroes, and mystical babies (wow, that pretty much sums up The Tower, doesn't it?), so I'll probably watch, if only to see what Carl Binder and Torri Higginson have done with it.
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X