X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Amanda Tapping/Paul McGillion in "Engaged to Kill"

Thanks to TJ for the heads up!

Premiering on the Lifetime Television Network, a movie filed in Nov/Dec 2005, and co-starring Amanda Tapping and Paul McGillion.

"The Abby Lord Story" a/k/a "Engaged to Kill"

Mon Apr 24 9:00 PM ET- Lifetime Network

Apr 24, 2006 - Lifetime TV Network 120 minutes- USA, 2006, (CC), In Stereo

Abby Lord (Maria del Mar) is kidnapped and her husband Robert Lord (Joe Lando) has to pay off a million dollar ransom, which wipes them out financially. The female kidnapper is killed and the man gets away with the money.....and in the future, the Lords struggle to get by.

The IMDB listing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783239/

The Joe Lando web site:

http://www.thedqtimes.com/pages/cast...tpages_joe.htm

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I wonder if they'll play the kidnappers??
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      I wonder if they'll play the kidnappers??
      TJ indicated that Amanda's role is one of the detectives, and TJ didn't have any info on Paul's role at this time.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
        TJ indicated that Amanda's role is one of the detectives, and TJ didn't have any info on Paul's role at this time.

Morjana

thanks, Morjana. I'll check it out.

Comment

Morjana
          Thanks for the answer, morjana.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

And apparently (according to Amanda) she's not a very GOOD detective, either. I think she used the word "bumbling"?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Additional information on this movie (and thank you again, TJ, for the heads up!):

Peter DeLuise and his wife, Ann Marie Loder, also co-star in this movie.

Engaged to Kill
              9:00 PM, 2 hrs
              Mon 04/24/2006
              LIFE

A kidnap victim (Maria del Mar) is released after her husband (Joe Lando) pays a million-dollar ransom. The ordeal puts the couple under great emotional and financial stress. Worse yet, one of the woman's abductors continues to menace her family. Amanda Tapping. Directed by Matt Hastings.

Cast & Credits: Maria del Mar, Joe Lando, Amanda Tapping, Peter DeLuise, Anne Marie Loder

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The Lifetime web site finally has some info on this movie:

http://www.lifetimetv.com/movies/info/move3860.html

(There's a photo of Joe Lando at the site.)

April 24
                Monday 9:00 pm Engaged to Kill

Abby's 19 year-old daughter has a great new boyfriend, Nick. When danger arises, Abby turns to Nick for help, unaware that Nick blames Abby for the death of his previous girlfriend and has been waiting for the opportunity to get revenge.
                Starring: Joe Lando, Maria del Mar [CC]

And the movie will be repeated: May 27, Saturday 11:00 pm

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I found the official movie site:

IMAGINATION FILMS

http://www.imagination-llc.com/engagedtokill01.htm

There's a trailer at the site, available in both Macromedia Flash Player 7 and Real Player (available in 56K, 100K and 300K formats), but I'm still on dial up, and couldn't get the trailer to load.

Morjana
                  Last edited by morjana; 10 July 2007, 10:33 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I found the official movie site:

IMAGINATION FILMS

http://www.imagination-llc.com/engagedtokill01.htm

There's a trailer at the site, available in both Macromedia Flash Player 7 and Real Player (available in 56K, 100K and 300K formats), but I'm still on dial up, and couldn't get the trailer to load.
                    I'm not on dial-up but I get a "Not Found on this server" message when I try to access the trailers.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                      I'm not on dial-up but I get a "Not Found on this server" message when I try to access the trailers.

Ah, thank you for trying and reporting your results.

Possibly they haven't gotten around to uploading the trailer as yet.

Oh, well, I'll check back later.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

"Engaged to Kill" was a typical Lifetime Movie -- leave your logic at the door, and help yourself to the popcorn.

Amanda Tapping did indeed portray a police detective in the movie, and Amanda looked terrific (as always), and did an excellent job of mixing the qualities of compassionate and pragmatic in her character's personality.

Paul McGillion, unfortunately, had a minor role as a Bank Loan Officer, and didn't last long in the movie.

Peter DeLuise -- of my gosh, he's lost weight and he looks MARVELOUS! Not only is he slimmer, but he looks a good ten years younger! Congratulations, Peter, you look great. Peter portrayed a boat salesman...and he didn't last long either.

Peter's wife, Anne Marie Loder (billed as Anne Marie DeLuise) also had a minor role in the movie, along with several other actors who have appeared in either SG1 or SGA, including: Dominic Zamprogna (SGA), Aaron Pearl (SG1) and Daniella Evangelista (SG1).

And the movie will be repeated: May 27, Saturday 11:00 pm

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

(Be sure to confirm the time with your local listings.)

The Lifetime made for tv movie, "Engaged to Kill," co-starring SG1/SGA stars and guest stars: Paul McGillion, Amanda Tapping, Peter DeLuise, Anne Marie DeLuise, Dominic Zamprogna (SGA's "Childhood's End"), and Daniella Evangelista

Engaged to Kill (2006)
                          LIFE May 27 11:00pm

A young man dates a teenager whose mother he blames for the death of a previous girlfriend. Adult Situations.

Cast: Joe Lando, Maria Del Mar.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

(Be sure to confirm the time with your local listings.)

The Lifetime made for tv movie, "Engaged to Kill," co-starring SG1/SGA stars and guest stars: Paul McGillion, Amanda Tapping, Peter DeLuise, Anne Marie DeLuise, Dominic Zamprogna (SGA's "Childhood's End"), and Daniella Evangelista

Engaged to Kill (2006)
                            LIFE May 27 11:00pm

A young man dates a teenager whose mother he blames for the death of a previous girlfriend. Adult Situations.

Cast: Joe Lando, Maria Del Mar.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

thanks for letting us know, Morjana. I thought AT did a good job as the detective in this story, but I would have liked to have seen more of her in the show. It was nice to see her play a different role though, and she plays a good detective.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              thanks for letting us know, Morjana. I thought AT did a good job as the detective in this story, but I would have liked to have seen more of her in the show. It was nice to see her play a different role though, and she plays a good detective.

You're very welcome.

I enjoyed Amanda's performance as well. AT was able to make the detective believable, with a nice mixture of compassion, and pragmatism.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X