This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension (Anubis) .Spoilers

As far as I gather Ascension is when a being sheds their physical body to live on another plain of existance for eternity as pure energy....

just asking as I may have missed it in an episode but........Anubis is a Parasite Goa'uld therfor when he ascends would be sort of snake energy.........if you know what I mean the host would not ascend but he would......so why is he still human form and has a human body in the (between realms) when Daniel meets him?

Im assuming that he chose to look like that, seeing as he is pure energy. He can probably choose to look like whatever he wanted, so he probably chose to be a full human rather then a parasite... either that or he was forced into being a human due to the covenience factor, I mean, its not like the parasitical form of the Goa'uld can talk

Comment

Perhaps it is just the form that Anubis likes to take. my personal theory is that the host was already evil before Anubis took him, meaning the two were either 100% blended, meaning that both minds were ascended, meaning the still blended Anubus would take on the human form in the astral diner
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by A Lost Cause
        ...I mean, its not like the parasitical form of the Goa'uld can talk
        Not English, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          Perhaps it is just the form that Anubis likes to take. my personal theory is that the host was already evil before Anubis took him, meaning the two were either 100% blended, meaning that both minds were ascended, meaning the still blended Anubus would take on the human form in the astral diner
          That's what I thought until I realised Anubis, after losing his containment suit thing lol had to get hosts that aventually died

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
            Not English, at least.
            you mean ancient , now that I think about it a little more, it just seems that he would be forced into looking ancient, seeing as if he didnt, it could cause a commotion and might have brought "the others" down on him.
            and everyone we saw in the diner also looked human, im just assuming its another rule of the ascendeds

Comment

Anubis would probably want to be recognizable to his Jaffa as a Goa'uld. If he just pranced around as a glowing orb all the time, no one would think he was a living being.
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                Anubis would probably want to be recognizable to his Jaffa as a Goa'uld. If he just pranced around as a glowing orb all the time, no one would think he was a living being.
                That, and he couldn't wear those cool robes of his.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by A Lost Cause
                  you mean ancient , now that I think about it a little more, it just seems that he would be forced into looking ancient, seeing as if he didnt, it could cause a commotion and might have brought "the others" down on him.
                  and everyone we saw in the diner also looked human, im just assuming its another rule of the ascendeds
                  The Others knew he was there and that that was him. Heck, they made him what he was.

Why hasn't anyone pointed out the most obvious conclusion: He wanted to be able to hide who he really was from Daniel (at least at first). So he chose to be jolly fat man instead of a snaky dragon-like thingie that slithers around on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    The Others knew he was there and that that was him. Heck, they made him what he was.

Why hasn't anyone pointed out the most obvious conclusion: He wanted to be able to hide who he really was from Daniel (at least at first). So he chose to be jolly fat man instead of a snaky dragon-like thingie that slithers around on the floor.
                    Anubis never said he was not Anubis, he was just sly until Daniel put it together when he relised he seemed Happy that Anubis was going to destroy the solor system.

Comment

When he ascended he shed his physical body, i think it was only the snake that acended, or the mind/essence of the snake, which took the form of energy, this energy can take any shape it wants. What confused me in the last episode of season 9 though was that Vasir the asgard, said that ascened beings occupy another dimension or something along those lines, yet Cam and Sam and Daniel couldnt interact with our dimension once they went to a different one, so why can the ancients? if they are in another dimension? And also, if Ascended beings can do things across-dimensionally,(for the lack of a better word) then why the hell did Merlin have to shift dimensions to hide the fact that he was building an anti-ori weapon, wouldn't have the other known anyway?
                      Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelicGabriel
                        Anubis never said he was not Anubis, he was just sly until Daniel put it together when he relised he seemed Happy that Anubis was going to destroy the solor system.
                        Yeah, but he wanted Daniel to figure it out on his own without him having to say "I am Anubis" all "Lost City"-like.

As for the dimensions, not all dimensions are linked. For example, the Arthur's Mantle and Crystal Skull dimension(s) are such that they can see and hear us, but we can't see and hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          Yeah, but he wanted Daniel to figure it out on his own without him having to say "I am Anubis" all "Lost City"-like.
                          I agree. Besides, Anubis was having some fun playing around with Daniel. He probably found Daniel's situation quite entertaining.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                          X