X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women of Scifi Calendar Update

SLACKTWADDLE PRODUCTIONS GIVES UPDATE ON WOMEN OF SCIFI CALENDAR PRE-ORDERS

From Vince Fera, Director of Slack Twaddle Productions 4/1/06:
    "We apologize to the consumers who have pre-ordered The Women of Scifi Calendar and are awaiting shipment of their order. We are currently waiting for our processing company to give us the go ahead. When that is complete and all the credit cards have been processed we will begin to ship the products."

Read the rest of the article at
    http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter
    Last edited by GateAngel; 01 April 2006, 12:00 PM.
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

The Gift of Beauty: The 2007 Women of Scifi Calendar

With the holiday’s right around the corner, Canadian based SlackTwaddle Entertainment is offering buyers special holiday pricing on ‘The 2007 Women of Scifi Calendar’ and Behind the Scenes DVD. The calendar, which is normally priced at $15.99 is holiday sale priced at $12.50 and the DVD, which normally sells for $19.99 is holiday priced at $11.00. The two items make the perfect combo gift to give and can be purchased together for the special holiday price of $24.00 (normally retails for $32.84).

Slacktwaddle Entertainment also offers a limited edition ‘2007 Women of Scifi Calendar’ that is autographed by all seven actresses, by Executive Producer Michael Shanks and Executive Producer/Photographer Christopher Judge. This exclusive limited addition item retails for $179.99. All the calendar related items are available for purchase at http://www.womenofsci-fi.com/ and can be shipped to many locations around the world, including the US, UK, Germany and Australia.

Read the entire article here
    Last edited by GateAngel; 18 December 2006, 05:23 AM.
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Is there any chance of a Men of SciFi calendar?? Because honestly, considering the number of women that watch these shows over the number of men, a calendar with the men of SciFi would, I believe, do MUCH better.

Comment

Originally posted by FCOL View Post
        Is there any chance of a Men of SciFi calendar?? Because honestly, considering the number of women that watch these shows over the number of men, a calendar with the men of SciFi would, I believe, do MUCH better.

Apparently there is a men of scifi calendar planned for 2008, and I'd definitely be interested in buying it. Hopefully it will have some of the guys from SG1 & SGA.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

I just got the calendar and DVD today. I have to say, the only people that I knew in the calendar were Teryl Rothery, Rachel Luttrell and Lexa Doig. After watching the DVD, I can see why Chris Judge picked all these women. They're all very beautiful, they had thoughtful things to say in their interviews, and everyone looked like they were having a good time with the photo shoot. I love that the interviews on the DVD have the actresses talking about sci-fi fans, being part of the sci-fi genre in general, how they enjoy (or not) doing photo shoots, what it's like to work with Chris Judge, etc. You definitely get to see a different side to these women than the characters that they play(ed). I've never had the pleasure of seeing any of the women in the calendar in person (at a convention or elsewhere). I've only seen a few interviews/behind-the-scenes stuff with Teryl Rothery and Rachel Luttrell. What I kept thinking over and over while watching the DVD was what BEAUTIFUL smiles they both have.

Edited to add: I'm very happy with my purchase. AND IT MADE ME MISS TERYL/JANET SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

The only thing that would have made me immensely happier would have been to have had Amanda Tapping and Claudia Black in the calendar. For one - I think they're both GORGEOUS. For another, it would have been fun to see little bits of footage from their photo shoots - see them smiling and laughing - fooling around in between pictures.

BRING ON THE MEN OF SCI-FI CALENDAR!!!
          Last edited by meredithchandler73; 11 January 2007, 04:08 AM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Request for Men of SciFi Calendar too! With

hehehe
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Gee... what a way to cement the stereotypical geek image that the majority of non geeks have... that we're all cloak wearing people with no lives who are obsessed with beautiful alien women because we can't get dates.

Am I the only one here who finds this calender not only insulting to the fandom, but also degrading to women? And yes, I'm male, I appreciate how odd that sentiment must be...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Since they have a "Men of Sci-Fi" coming out later, does that mean (to you) it's degrading to men as well?

And please; all heterosexual men likes looking at beautiful women once in a while; it's in our genes.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Gee... what a way to cement the stereotypical geek image that the majority of non geeks have... that we're all cloak wearing people with no lives who are obsessed with beautiful alien women because we can't get dates.

Am I the only one here who finds this calender not only insulting to the fandom, but also degrading to women? And yes, I'm male, I appreciate how odd that sentiment must be...
                  I'm a woman and straight. I admit, I was more interested in the DVD than the calendar itself, and I felt it was well worth the purchase. There were interviews with each of the actresses where they talk about working in sci-fi and why they think sci-fi fans as so loyal. No airheads here! I only really knew three of the actresses in the calendar (Teryl Rothery, Rachel Luttrell and Lexa Doig), but by the end of the video, I really liked all the actresses involved. I loved the footage they showed from the various photo shoots. Yes, some of the photos show some skin, but I didn't find any of it offensive or distasteful. I don't think sexy = degrading.

Rachel Luttrell talks about strong women in sci-fi - how you can see a strong woman and she doesn't have to be *****y (begins with a b and ends with an h). She can be strong (physically, mentally) and still be feminine and likeable. I would say being feminine can also mean being sexy.

Anyway - just my two cents.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Since they have a "Men of Sci-Fi" coming out later, does that mean (to you) it's degrading to men as well?

And please; all heterosexual men likes looking at beautiful women once in a while; it's in our genes.
                    Personally I find them ridiculous, I hate walking into an office where somebody has a woman calender on the wall, or a woman has a man calender on the wall. It just screams tack to me.

Sooo.... as I don't look at women online, and as I don't buy gilrl-calenders... does that make me gay?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Sooo.... as I don't look at women online, and as I don't buy gilrl-calenders... does that make me gay?
                      I think so.

Comment

Ok... should have added...

I don't look at men online either.

:-p

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Ok... should have added...

I don't look at men online either.

:-p
                          Now you're just wierd!

Comment

Well, I don't buy girl calenders either, but I don't see why there's a problem with it. A person likes whatever a person likes, it's not my beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              Now you're just wierd!

Cheers.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X