This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Writer

Looking at the page for Common Ground on GW I see that it is written by one Ken Cuperus. Looks like they have a new writer, or is it a guest writer. Hope its a new writer, season 2 was very rushed IMO.

Originally posted by shockwave
    Looking at the page for Common Ground on GW I see that it is written by one Ken Cuperus. Looks like they have a new writer, or is it a guest writer. Hope its a new writer, season 2 was very rushed IMO.
    Wel,l I hope this guy can write, I just looked at his IMDB credits and he writes for shows like "Doodlebops"??? I wonder if Mallozzi didn't get their writer as he used to write cartoons too (which I guess explains the sophomoric humor in SG...)

Comment

I hope this guy can write
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Does this mean we're gonna have a cartoon ep in addition to a sitcom ep?

Pardon my snark. Hope the guy's good. And I hope he's allowed to be good instead of having his script be rewritten into stupid mush by the so-called "senior" writers.

Comment

hope not
          sigpic

Comment

I still think we need a few female writers as well.
            Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
              Pfft. Everyone knows girls can't write. They're just there to look pretty so the guys have something to ogle.

Comment

hey some of us females can write
                sigpic

Comment

She's just being sarcastic, as usual.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this guy does.

Comment

yeah i know just having some fun
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                      Writing in hollywood (and its environs) is still very much a boy's club, sorry to say. Oddly enough, one of the most popular and successful show on the air - CSI - has women in VERY high position.

Too bad SG can't learn from them.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                        Writing in hollywood (and its environs) is still very much a boy's club, sorry to say.
                        How sexist (well, that depends if many women are actually going for the jobs).....now that I'm thinking about it, pretty much everything I like to watch is written by men- although there are women in on BSG. Wierd.
                        Oddly enough, one of the most popular and successful show on the air - CSI - has women in VERY high position.

Too bad SG can't learn from them.
                        It's sad that there aren't any women writing on Stargate at the moment.....They need one.

Comment

At this point, I'd just be happy with competent writers of ANY gender. There may be some good female writers out there, but there are some bad ones, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            At this point, I'd just be happy with competent writers of ANY gender. There may be some good female writers out there, but there are some bad ones, too.
                            Seconded. IIRC both Gero and Binder were new writers, and they wrote the best episodes of Atlantis

Change isn't always a bad thing.

Comment

As long as the new guy manages NOT to turn Shep intho a man-whore I'll be happy. Probably.

Comment

Working...
                              X