Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It must be money, because its doing nothing for the story line!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be money, because its doing nothing for the story line!

Guys, to be really honest!! The previews on season ten and some of all the other seasons! Really gutt me because THEY GO NO WHERE!!! Stargate is pretty kewl!! But writers please take the story somewhere! There are are many of these pointless episodes that go nowhere fast!

Prison break, Shocked the living cr@p out of me, because the story was so well writen not to mention fast and intense.

Lost, has beome so boring that i don't care what happen to the people on the Island! Started out very good!! Now it is freaking boring!!! I just dont watch it!! Stargate is getting there unfortunately!

All i'm tryign to say!!! Is that you really loose viewers with this crap like, "INSIDERS" and "Uninvited" which doesn't have any revalence to the story line whatsoever. Trying to mak up some crap about this object they needed to fight this which caused this!! Really Think about it!!!!

I've seen alot of the stargate series i know how they link it in!! but it really has to be good!! otherwise it bores the cr@ out of everything and make it not worth watching!

Just a thought, Take it leave it!!

Originally posted by CromeX
    cr@
    What the hell is crat?

Anyhow, I agree that not a lot is going to happen, and that S10 looks like its gonna suck, but you cant really put it down to "Nothing really happening" Character and story development doesnt always mean moving forwards. You pointed out Lost so I will use that as an example:
    S1 saw the story rocket along and we learned a lot about where the characters have come from and what they have done. S2, we have learned a lot less but we now know what motivates the characters to do what they do, and most importantly who they are. I prefer S2 for that reason, I dont know if it is a difference between American TV and UK TV that casues such a difference with fans, but the majority of UK shows work as Lost S2 has done, most of the UK fans of Lost I have spoken to who have watched S2 have said themselves that it is far better than S1, while most Americans I see say it isnt anywhere near as good.

This is the same with 24, I personally dont enjoy the show because it is mostly action with little on screen character development and charcter motivation, while a lot of US fans like it because it rockets ahead with the story.

If you want to look at an SG1 episode for character development, look at Shades Of Grey, what happened? Not a lot, in the long run of things, but we got to see Jack's true self. The same can be said for episodes like Absolute power, which did the same for Daniel. Teal'c showed his stuff in "Bloodlines" "Family" and "The Warrior". "Secrets" was a good one for Sam, as was "Jolinar's Memories" although the latter was also crucial to a lot of future storylines.

I guess the overall point I am trying to get to is that different people have different ideas and attitudes towards how a TV show should run, and TPTB are trying to make the show appeal to both sides, those that want to get the storyline running, and those who want character development.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

TPTB are trying to make the show appeal to both sides, those that want to get the storyline running, and those who want character development.
      Don't you think it's possible to do both?
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

no
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Don't you think it's possible to do both?
          Its possible, but not being done, hence the lack of any character development besides Cam's in S9, by the looks of things nothing will change in S10. It is very hard to do both in one episode, but over a season it is possible to mix, with some focusing on one side and others on the other side. "The Tok'ra" is a good example of doing both in one ep, as is The Fifth Race, possibly explaining how well liked they are. Lost City Part Two, the most liked one on here (according to Celcius' S1-7 tourney) does the same
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

[sarcasm]so er you've seen S10 have you, whats it like?[/sarcasm]
            Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 01 April 2006, 08:42 AM.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
              so er you've seen S10 have you, whats it like?
              you forgot your [/sarcasm] tags.

I never said I have seen S10, but I have read spoilers. The spoilers released so far are showing Cam's development, whereas the others are getting squat, well, maybe Vala detting some, but even TPTB's wonder girl isnt getting much focus by the looks of things.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                you forgot your [/sarcasm] tags.

I never said I have seen S10, but I have read spoilers. The spoilers released so far are showing Cam's development, whereas the others are getting squat, well, maybe Vala detting some, but even TPTB's wonder girl isnt getting much focus by the looks of things.
                The others have hade 8 years for caracter devop, mitch has to catch up and besides how can you judge the whole of S10 by things released months before it comes out,I'd rather have action than caracter devop any day

Comment

Its possible, but not being done, hence the lack of any character development besides Cam's in S9, by the looks of things nothing will change in S10. It is very hard to do both in one episode, but over a season it is possible to mix, with some focusing on one side and others on the other side. "The Tok'ra" is a good example of doing both in one ep, as is The Fifth Race, possibly explaining how well liked they are. Lost City Part Two, the most liked one on here (according to Celcius' S1-7 tourney) does the same
                  I agree. The story development in season nine was rather dull and uninteresting (though this could just be because the Priors and Origin are a weak idea for an enemy). And when there is character development, it's also boring and doesn't make me care for the characters any more. The big three are nearly dead in the water, development-wise, and they haven't made me care about Mitchell at all. Vala's developed enough, thanks. All in my opinion, of course.

And honestly, I can't see season ten being that much different from season nine. I'd love for them to prove me wrong. But why would it be?
                  Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
                  Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                    The others have hade 8 years for caracter devop, mitch has to catch up
                    So all the focus should be on him? If the show is going to carry on to run everyone needs equal oportunity, otherwise we have a show based soley around one guy for 3 or 4 seasons.
                    and besides how can you judge the whole of S10 by things released months before it comes out
                    Not the whole of the season, there may be some development in some episodes, but TPTB have shown what they want to do in the future by giving us S9, and I doubt very much that they will change what "works".

I'd rather have action than caracter devop any day
                    Which was the point of my first post, everyone has different opinions of how a show should run, personally I feel that a show with great characters, who are very well developed (Angel, Farscape, Lost is getting there, Doctor Who, Battlestar Gallactica) are much better than those that just push forward with the story with the characters taking a second seat.

Comment

So all the focus should be on him? If the show is going to carry on to run everyone needs equal oportunity, otherwise we have a show based soley around one guy for 3 or 4 seasons.
                      I didn't say that I just said that because the others have been there longer he needed devloping. If they have lods of character devolp eps in S10 for him I would be p!553D off but he needed it this season.
                      I like the relationship between Cam/Daniel, unlike O'neill Cam is Daniel's age so you get the "best buddy" sort of thing, I like that

Comment

TPTB have a story to tell...

...just because the way the episode is described means bugger all about its context. "Dont judge a book by its cover."

Take for instance Arthurs Mantle....did you know that we were going to discover the device Merlin was working on THAT MIGHT, not will, MIGHT work against the Ori?

The 4th Horsemen, did you know Orlin was going to tell us that the Ori dont actually ascend their followers and use them as batteries? Because you know, to me the episode, as described didnt give ANY hint to that. Just to him coming down to help.

Season 9's 'slowness' as some people mentioned prior - when you read a book, and a new character is introduced you generally spend a few chapters with that character or another character around them.

There are 2 - 3 new characters and a whole new plot. If TPTB just threw them in and did nothing you would complain, but the story is arced, it introduced us to Mitchell slowly, same with Lam. The story is different...its evolving and growing and, like a child you need patience.
                        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Working...
                        X