Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power supply?

Everyone remember the Trinity project?

Well, they were able to switch it on, then turn it off if it was only on for a short amount of time. Simple military/architectural tactics would be to build 6 of them in sequence, and have each of them on for 10 minutes at a time, providing unlimited power for each recurring hour. With primarily a computer maintaining it, but several scientists always on hand to actually control it manually if necessary.

This is what I predict for season 4-5, as we need to keep advancing the technology level.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Originally posted by Salas1

Well, they were able to switch it on, then turn it off if it was only on for a short amount of time. Simple military/architectural tactics would be to build 6 of them in sequence, and have each of them on for 10 minutes at a time, providing unlimited power for each recurring hour. With primarily a computer maintaining it, but several scientists always on hand to actually control it manually if necessary.

This is what I predict for season 4-5, as we need to keep advancing the technology level.
    Nice idea, but it'll be a very long time before we can reverse engineer ancient tech.

I cant see us advancing tech either, well ancient tech anyway, we might be able to learn how to control it in a short amount of time, but being able to build and understand how it was built is another thing
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

that's just stupid and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1

they were lucky it didnt blow up.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
          they were lucky it didnt blow up.
          What the hell are you talking about, of course it blew up. It took out 5/7 of the solar system.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
            My post or the thread starters?

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            What the hell are you talking about, of course it blew up. It took out 5/7 of the solar system.
            Theres no need to be so offensive
            You could have said it nicer like
            "It did blow up, it destroyed 5/6 of the solar system. The team barely escaped. Heres the link to the Trinity Project(Project Arcturus) and heres the link to the episode "
            It doesnt hurt to be nice, I promise
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

You're assuming that they would even be able to make 5 more of the things, and that's a huge assumption. If the Atlantis team had the understanding and means to do so, they would, more or less, be Ancients.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                You are a joke. I mean are you a joke. I mean, is this a joke.
                "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
                Woman:What
                Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

One thing I would love to see in a Stargate/Atlantis episode is the idea of them finding out through the library or though Daniel (When he finally gets there) of the existance of a ZPM generator/recharger. The story would open up a whole chapter of ideas that lead to finding the mysterious facility where the ZPM's were generated from. From this story it could lead to a discovery of a place in the Pegasis Galaxy of a planet guarded by ancient defence systems to keep all out. The only way in is to permentally deactivate the weapons. The team finally manages to uncover the secrets to getting in just to find that they have set a chain reaction of devistating results, that could alert the wrath or the new enemy to it's location and possibly lead to it falling in their hands. However the team decide that the only way to prevent this from happening is to make the ultimate sacrifice of destroying the facility but not before finding the last Full ZPM from a vast range of depleted ones in the faciliy.
                  The end result they get a full ZMP allowing more episodes to be based on the cities newly unlocked technolgy.

Comment

Uh...think I've mentioned this before. There's no way you can recharge a ZPM.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Being able to make ZPMs at will would make the show a lot less exciting.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Why don't we use it as a weapon. Lure the wraith to an uninhabited solar system. Activate Arcturus. Instant destruction.

Comment

Didn't they build one in McKay and Ms Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1 View Post

just because it was on didnt mean it was generating power. also the wholoe exotic particle thing was a bit bad...oh and if you screw up (which the probability increase as you go on)...well you blow up the solar system

Comment

Working...
                            X