This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Who?

Hi..i'm confused. I went to the BBC websites Doctor Who Page...and I see a DIFFERENT Doctor than the one currently on Sci-Fi...did this guy only last one season??
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Originally posted by GhostPoet
    Hi..i'm confused. I went to the BBC websites Doctor Who Page...and I see a DIFFERENT Doctor than the one currently on Sci-Fi...did this guy only last one season??
    Yup. Eccleston only signed for one season. The new guy will be in Christmas Invasion and series 2 29. Dunno if he's signed beyond that, but if I remember correctly, Billie Piper isn't signed past the second/twenty ninth season.

Comment

yes and from what I've seen he's even better then doctor number 9
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

dont worry Tennant is signed for season 3(29) and will hopefully last many more seasons to come. Also Billie Piper (Rose) has signed for season 3(29).
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Sadly CE was only up for one season, but David is pretty awesome, I havent really made my choice on whether he is any better, as we have only seen him once, but he is, at least in The Christmas Invasion, CE's equal
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I loved it when he told Rose's Mum to shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian
              I loved it when he told Rose's Mum to shut up.

And what does that have to do with anything? Please go to the episode thread if you wish to make a comment on what happened in the episode.

Comment

^ *holds up handbad* By the looks of things the new season (12 days) is gonna rock, and the new Doc is great so far, and knowing DT's love of the show I cant see it getting worse (Plus he wants to live up to Chris, who got better as it went on), any guesses on his catchphrase?
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  ^ *holds up handbad* By the looks of things the new season (12 days) is gonna rock, and the new Doc is great so far, and knowing DT's love of the show I cant see it getting worse (Plus he wants to live up to Chris, who got better as it went on), any guesses on his catchphrase?
                  Hmmm, I heard a rumor it's going to be...

"What choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Comment

^ROFL
                    Perhaps its 'Smegging Hell !!!'
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Piper IS signed on for another season?? Huh. Wonder where I picked up the rumor she wasn't. *shakes head* Oh well.

How long do Companions usually last? 'Cause I was thinking it might be nice to get someone new after this year...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Piper IS signed on for another season?? Huh. Wonder where I picked up the rumor she wasn't. *shakes head* Oh well.

How long do Companions usually last? 'Cause I was thinking it might be nice to get someone new after this year...
                        In the older series, yeah that may be true. But isn't Rose a particularly important companion? After all, she provides a link of 'normalcy' for the audience. Also, besides that, the Doctor seems to have little patience for other folks we've seen so far. Rose on the other hand seems to get a pass even when she messes up royally (Father's Day), even if the Doc does get really miffed with her. It's more than obvious he's got a soft spot for her, so I don't see him getting a hankering to get rid of her. Unless Billie Piper decides she wants to leave the show herself. I don't know her mind, but it seems to me that since actors don't often get steady work, she might have a mind to stick around a while.
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

We have a new Doctor for season 2/29. Rose can bridge the gap for a season (series) and then I wish we'd get a NEW Companion. Then just about the time everyone's all happy and adjusted, we get another new Doctor. Maybe David Hewlett (HA!) or that Simms guy from Life on Mars or something. That'd be a few years down the road, though.

I never saw Who as being very static in its cast. I expect some changes now and then. Very sad to see Eccleston go, but I'm curious about the new guy. And I'll be interested in his replacement, too. And hopefully some day we'll get a new Companion because having the same Companion forever would be just as boring as having the same Doctor forever.

My opinion, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            We have a new Doctor for season 2/29. Rose can bridge the gap for a season (series) and then I wish we'd get a NEW Companion. Then just about the time everyone's all happy and adjusted, we get another new Doctor. Maybe David Hewlett (HA!) or that Simms guy from Life on Mars or something. That'd be a few years down the road, though.

I never saw Who as being very static in its cast. I expect some changes now and then. Very sad to see Eccleston go, but I'm curious about the new guy. And I'll be interested in his replacement, too. And hopefully some day we'll get a new Companion because having the same Companion forever would be just as boring as having the same Doctor forever.

My opinion, of course.
                            Maybe, but I personally prefer a little bit of stability in characters. Change is okay after a few years at least, but after only one or two years? That is far too short a time. The Ninth Doctor (Eccleston) simply wasn't around long enough, although I really loved his acting. I especially loved it when he found himself suddeny surrounded, and he'd just grin and give out that high pitched "Hello!" That was priceless..! I like the new Doctor too (Tennant), but in some ways Eccleston couldn't be replaced. Even so, I'm game for the new doctor.
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Personally I think we shoud stick with the tenth doctor for at least three years, and DT has said until they kick him off he's going nowhere, but as for Rose, another season, two at the very most (so at the latest, the end of 3/29) and then we need a new companion, no offence to her but there is only so far a companion can go whereas the Doctor's character, in any of his forms has years of room to keep going. Im glad that
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler For Season 3/29
                              Spoiler:
                              Captain Jack is back for 3/29 as he had great chemistry with the 9th Doctor, and I have a feeling he will get on even better with the 10th (they are very similar characters on face value, but judging by the 10th Doc in TCI deep down they are very different) it would be a big change to have a mal ecompanion and the Doctor, with no female companion, but I cant see it happening

Comment

Working...
                              X