X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should we like Baal?

should we?

he murdered, totured, killed, maimed, and revived (then did it all again) to JACK O'NEILL. should we be glamorizing this character?

thoughts, everyone?

sally
    sally

sigpic

I guess *we* like how the character is written and acted, we are not condoning what he has done.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      I guess *we* like how the character is written and acted, we are not condoning what he has done.
      Exactly! One can't deny that he is an awesome character in the SG universe. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you would want to have him over for dinner or anything.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Should we like him? Don't know and don't care. I just plain luuurve him and all his sexy evilness. Sure, there's the torture, murder and enslavement issues, but everyone has their quirks, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Should we like him? Don't know and don't care. I just plain luuurve him and all his sexy evilness. Sure, there's the torture, murder and enslavement issues, but everyone has their quirks, right?
          And he's got style!!
          All else is forgiven

seriously though, the clone plot's gotta go though

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Gate
            And he's got style!!
            All else is forgiven

seriously though, the clone plot's gotta go though
            Amen. While the kinky in me loves the idea of multiple Baals, the truth is, there can be only one. And there SHOULD be only one.

Comment

Well he's a Goa'uld, so we know he's evil - but he also seems to be intellegient ... knows when to ditch the 'I am your God, you are worth nothing' attitude, and work with the 'slaves' if required.

He's by far the most 'humanised' Goa'uld, and so it's easy to begin to like him, and forget what he is at the core.

As a character to have in the show ... he's fantastic - amusing and enjoyable to watch (although loads of clones? TOO CHEESY!). Would i want him as my best friend? Well, that would depend on whether i'm evil or not
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                LOL!

leave it to you, shadow, to say something so sassy.

i'm not blind to baal's charms. not only is he THE sexiest goauld ever created, he was written the *least* cardboard and wooden.

jack is my second fave character (and i'm going to marry rda someday... as soon as i actually meet him... *clears throat*), so seeing him go through what baal put him through... ((( )))

but i sometimes feel like we've (fandom) have forgotten that baal put jack through THE worst experience of his life (just after his son's death). should we forget?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I feel we should give Baal a flagship a la Sokar/Apophis. That way he could actually provide some assistance against the Ori vessels

Have him take over parts of the Lucian Alliance too. That way he'll have a 'small' fleet of one flagship and four-five Ha'tak, enough to start your own little empire again.

Baal as a regular cast member!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    but i sometimes feel like we've (fandom) have forgotten that baal put jack through THE worst experience of his life (just after his son's death). should we forget?
                    OK, which one is Jack again? *ducks projectiles*

No, Baal's transgressions shouldn't be forgotten, but they also shouldn't stand in the way of admiring him for what he is and how he goes about his business. You have to admit, as awful as that torture was for Jack, it was also a highly effective method. Or would have been if Jack had actually known anything. I really hope we get to see that acid again some day. And all the gravity stuff? Too cool. Baal has style, charisma, and intelligence going for him that most (if not all) of the other Goa'uld lacked. Baal is one smart cookie and you forget that at your peril.

Comment

in "Ex Deus Machina"
                      Spoiler:
                      Ball bought over a company, rite. Does he still own it, then?
                      Why doesn't government track him from that?

Comment

Well, I think we're forgetting that Jack doesn't always make the best choices all the time either. (Fifth, anyone?) But of course, he's no Goa'uld. Honestly, I really like the Goa'uld, and sometimes I wish the cooler ones (Yu, Baal, Osiris, Camulus) would actually win... but then there's the whole 'slavery and killing' thing. Drat.

I don't think most people actually like him for what he's done, but just because he's hot and awesome. And while the clone gimmick is really cheapening, if you actually think about it it's quite brilliant on his part.
                        Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
                        Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

we should love Baal for what he does sooooo well -- being the evil character that you just love to hate ---- he is so hot while he does it tooo.

hope he and jack are in an ep together in S10 -- awesome together -- "impudence .... no tuna!" teehee
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            should we?

he murdered, tortured, killed, maimed, and revived (then did it all again) to JACK O'NEILL. should we be glamorizing this character?

thoughts, everyone?

Baal is the best system lord out there and yes he has done bad things to many people i wouldn't hold the whole jack thing against him considering jack was a tok'ra at the time.

and has shown that he does haver a caring side in season 8 he helped carter and selamk stop the replicators and in season 9 he wanted to help the jaffa fight the ori. granted he was probably doing it to help himself to regain power but i really like him.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think she would like hating him.

Like a good Bond villain.

Comment

Working...
                              X