Spiderman without Tobey Maguire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiderman without Tobey Maguire?

Ok, it's been confirmed in a multitude of sources stating that Tobey Maguire would very likely quit after Spiderman 3. (unless the 4th script was VERY very VERY good)
    So...we have two choices..

A) A cgi peter parker and probably Mary-Jane in and out of costume. (with todays tech we can make photorealistic, life-like movements and appearance in CGI)

or

B) Cast someone else. Much like what was done with the James Bond series...a new actor took over the tux and the name of Bond...and it works well for the series, keeping it fresh. I am hoping for this one...and this is most probable. I think bringing a no name actor in every 3 movies could keep the series fresh and well...no name actors tend to stay with a franchise alot longer. Of course, it would have to be someone willing to keep the personality that Tobey Maguire has given Peter Parker over the years. While possibly adding a little of his own ideas into the character as the character progresses and evolves as a hero and a person.

So, my question is...would you WATCH a spiderman movie without Tobey Maguire? Or does the idea turn you off from the series? Do you think it would destroy it?

There are still MANY great stories to be told..(come on..who DOESN'T want to see Venom in SM4?) Would be a shame to stop at a trilogy.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

I do agree that it would be a shame to stop at 3. Of course, I'd still watch the films even without Tobey but I think he plays the part very well. I don't like the idea of a cgi peter, it just isn't right. Only problem is that we have to wait so darn long for the next film to arrive!
    __

__

Comment

I thought there was only going to be three in the first place? At least that's what I thought Sam Raimi had signed on for and that's why I watch them in the first place.

Doesn't so much bother me anyway. They did it with Batman...and the fact that most of those movies stunk didn't have anything to do with the fact that they changed the guy behind the mask. IMO, of course.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Tobey is great as Spiderman. I hope they'll pay him the same credit as they paid to Reeves and will stop making the movies if the main character is no longer interested in it.

I don't see why Tobey (and most other actors) is such a big brats though. If you're getting paid a few million (even just 1) that's still more than most people will make IN THEIR ENTIRE LIVES... What right do they have to complain?

Comment

As long as Kirsten Dunst doesn't return as Mary Jane in anymore sequels, I'll be happy. I cannot stand her "acting" if you can call it that!
          "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Agreed. She might be cute and all, but as for acting...ugh.

Comment

The reason I like her, great looking!
              __

__

Comment

Working...
              X