This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should see non-intelligent animals in season 10

I'd love to see more non-intelligent life, i.e. animals like the one sort of camel-creature we saw in the Stargate movie. It would be really cool to see SG-1 go to a planet where dinasaurs still roam, but not to do the Jurassic Park horror thing, but perhaps making the ones they run into more fearful of humans..... In other words, don't try to copy others....create some brand new ideas but with other sort of lifeforms.

E

It's too expensive to involve "non-intelligent" characters. If they have nothing to do with the overall story arc, it's not really necessary.

The movie was different, it was a singular. If you were to include dinosaurs or such in the series, you would have to assume they were elsewhere in the galaxy, possibly on other gated worlds.

Horses and CGI lizards are about as close as we're going to get I think.
    "In the middle of my back-swing!!!"

Comment

Ah, it'd be cool to see stuff like that. The animal geek in me would be freaking out!
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

i want see dragons !! please !
        Hallowed are the Ori !!!
        Follow the path of the Enlightment !
        Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

A host of Priors riding across the plains on dragon-back.

"Be cleansed in the fires, sinners."
          I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid
            A host of Priors riding across the plains on dragon-back.

"Be cleansed in the fires, sinners."
            Now indeed, that would be something to see.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We had an "offscreen" dinosaur in Atlantis S1 where SGA-1 was searchin for a suitable Alphasite, they found a peaceful, unocuppied, habitable planet but the only problem it had is that it had a "T-rex Creature" on it, unabling them to use the planet as an Alphsite.

Yeah, non-intelligent/sencient animals would cost too much & not add much to the over-all plot. The only exception I see is the "Whale-like" creatures in the Oceans of Atlantis, which appeared in Grace Under pressure & have been hinted to return.

Comment

We did sort of see that with the bugs from 'The Scourge'

Comment

THere was that gouald spider creature...
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

well if we deal with the camelot story more we may see dragons
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                      What episode was that?

Comment

the tomb
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                          They should bring that creature back or the Bane bugs. They can have a planet full of them then sg-1 would coincidentally get stranded there and have to find a way out without the help of the Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by aspiringsoapwriter
                            I'd love to see more non-intelligent life, i.e. animals like the one sort of camel-creature we saw in the Stargate movie. It would be really cool to see SG-1 go to a planet where dinasaurs still roam, but not to do the Jurassic Park horror thing, but perhaps making the ones they run into more fearful of humans..... In other words, don't try to copy others....create some brand new ideas but with other sort of lifeforms.

E
                            Me too! I've wondered about this for a long time. It's interesting that the only animal we see on the Tollan's planet is the cat Sam gave to Narim.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I think they should include Jar Jar in the show as a reoccuring character. I think that would be AWESOME.

I'm also joking.
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X