PDA

View Full Version : Should see non-intelligent animals in season 10

aspiringsoapwriter
March 29th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'd love to see more non-intelligent life, i.e. animals like the one sort of camel-creature we saw in the Stargate movie. It would be really cool to see SG-1 go to a planet where dinasaurs still roam, but not to do the Jurassic Park horror thing, but perhaps making the ones they run into more fearful of humans..... In other words, don't try to copy others....create some brand new ideas but with other sort of lifeforms.

E

Viva
March 29th, 2006, 03:14 PM
It's too expensive to involve "non-intelligent" characters. If they have nothing to do with the overall story arc, it's not really necessary.

The movie was different, it was a singular. If you were to include dinosaurs or such in the series, you would have to assume they were elsewhere in the galaxy, possibly on other gated worlds.

Horses and CGI lizards are about as close as we're going to get I think.

xfkirsten
March 29th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Ah, it'd be cool to see stuff like that. The animal geek in me would be freaking out! :D

The_Fifth
March 29th, 2006, 03:22 PM
i want see dragons !! please !

Insipid
March 29th, 2006, 03:52 PM
A host of Priors riding across the plains on dragon-back.

"Be cleansed in the fires, sinners."

the fifth man
March 29th, 2006, 10:40 PM
A host of Priors riding across the plains on dragon-back.

"Be cleansed in the fires, sinners."

Now indeed, that would be something to see.:)

The Prophet
March 30th, 2006, 06:57 AM
We had an "offscreen" dinosaur in Atlantis S1 where SGA-1 was searchin for a suitable Alphasite, they found a peaceful, unocuppied, habitable planet but the only problem it had is that it had a "T-rex Creature" on it, unabling them to use the planet as an Alphsite.

Yeah, non-intelligent/sencient animals would cost too much & not add much to the over-all plot. The only exception I see is the "Whale-like" creatures in the Oceans of Atlantis, which appeared in Grace Under pressure & have been hinted to return.

oh-your-god
March 30th, 2006, 07:32 AM
We did sort of see that with the bugs from 'The Scourge'

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 07:36 AM
THere was that gouald spider creature...

2ndgenerationalteran
March 30th, 2006, 07:53 PM
well if we deal with the camelot story more we may see dragons

d10sfan
April 2nd, 2006, 03:47 PM
What episode was that?

2ndgenerationalteran
April 2nd, 2006, 04:26 PM
the tomb

JUNIOR
April 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM

They should bring that creature back or the Bane bugs. They can have a planet full of them then sg-1 would coincidentally get stranded there and have to find a way out without the help of the Odyssey.

warmbeachbrat
April 3rd, 2006, 08:44 AM
I'd love to see more non-intelligent life, i.e. animals like the one sort of camel-creature we saw in the Stargate movie. It would be really cool to see SG-1 go to a planet where dinasaurs still roam, but not to do the Jurassic Park horror thing, but perhaps making the ones they run into more fearful of humans..... In other words, don't try to copy others....create some brand new ideas but with other sort of lifeforms.

E

Me too! I've wondered about this for a long time. It's interesting that the only animal we see on the Tollan's planet is the cat Sam gave to Narim.

GhostPoet
April 3rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
I think they should include Jar Jar in the show as a reoccuring character. I think that would be AWESOME.

I'm also joking.

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
April 4th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I want an episode where they go back to studying the dinos >_< *likes dinos*. Then, they get stuck! And we get a nice hommage to Jurassic Park... I like the idea...

xfkirsten
April 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I agree on the dinos! I always loved that idea. For me, it tied into the comment about seeing "Williamsonia sewardiana" (a Jurassic/Cretaceous plant species)... which makes me wonder why the Ancients had a thing for Cetaceous species. ;)

NotAscended
April 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Wasn't there an SGA episode where they came back through the gate saying they had been chased by a dinosaur-like animal? They need to send a science team back to study such things, which would undoubtedly require the main team to come back and get them out of trouble.

xfkirsten
April 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Wasn't there an SGA episode where they came back through the gate saying they had been chased by a dinosaur-like animal? They need to send a science team back to study such things, which would undoubtedly require the main team to come back and get them out of trouble.

Yup, it was Siege 1 I think, or somewhere around there. :)

April 4th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Actually, I could sorta see dragons fitting in with the theme of the show. After all, they are creatures of myth and legend which is right up the alley of the rest of the stuff. The stories of them would have been brought back by the ancients or have been seen by humans who had somehow gone through the gate and returned.

NotAscended
April 4th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Actually, I could sorta see dragons fitting in with the theme of the show. After all, they are creatures of myth and legend which is right up the alley of the rest of the stuff. The stories of them would have been brought back by the ancients or have been seen by humans who had somehow gone through the gate and returned.

Griffins would also be a cool animal to bring in, particularly since they appear in so much medieval art.

April 4th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Definitely. But dragons are just classic mythology, you know? I liked the idea of Priors showing up riding dragons. LOL. Then we can get our own guys riding some dragons and have dragon dogfights in the sky. Oddly enough the world would be named Pern. ;-)

xfkirsten
April 4th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Definitely. But dragons are just classic mythology, you know? I liked the idea of Priors showing up riding dragons. LOL. Then we can get our own guys riding some dragons and have dragon dogfights in the sky. Oddly enough the world would be named Pern. ;-)

And then the writers would run in fear from the wrath of Anne McCaffrey. ;)

/loved those books
//seeing that on SG would rock like a rockin' thing