X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New evil in the PG plan

Spoiler:
    The new enemy are robotic lantians that want to destroy Atlantis in their own city ship and they have the ability to create ZPM's. Their advanced replicators like first.

Why not send in the Asgard with the dissapation wave. Kill them all and take the technology!

your thoughts....

sigpic

I wonder if it would work. After all, they are Androids. The same type has Reece that created the replicators
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      I wonder if it would work. After all, they are Androids. The same type has Reece that created the replicators
      They aren't androids. They're a collection of nanites.

Spoiler:
      From Gateworld Spoilers for Progeny - "They are artificial lifeforms that evolved from a Lantian experiment to create powerful and aggressive nanites to attack the Wraith on a cellular level ("Hot Zone"). But the microscopic creatures came together to form increasingly larger and more complex organisms, eventually imitating their creators to become human in appearance"

So they are more akin to Fifth, who was formed from microscopic sized replicator blocks. Reece wasn't built like this.

Comment

I think we are going to have to wait and see on this one. Reese made the Replicators. We know that much.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

And we also know tha Reese was an android.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Reese was an Android, who was built by "father" who is believed to be an Ancient that evacuated back to the Milky Way during the First Siege..I guess He continued his experiments and accidently created the primitive replicators through Reese, who then using a time dialation[sp] device advanced to Progeny level...

Comment

Even so the Ancient device built by the Asgard can kill/destroy these advanced nanite Replicator’s. We know that it does this by sending a pulse that disrupts the signal being sent to each block or nanite and we have seen the weapon used on a planetary and galactic/intergalactic scale.
              Spoiler:
              Why not implement this type of pulse on this new race?

We would have loads of ZPM’s and the ability to build more, a new city ship to send to the MW and who knows what else. The other choice is try to curb their aggressive driver commands and have allies that would trade/give us ZPM’s.

I personally lean to the former than the latter. If the team were to take the offensive route we would have the Asgard in the PG, a couple of O’Niell class vessel stationed at Atlantis for at least 2 episodes to attack them.
              Even if it fails the wave could be used to reprogram base commands?!?!

Your thoughts…..

sigpic

Comment

Can I just point out that:

Slithering mind controling snakes = Tok'ra and Goa'uld

Just because these new enemies have been described like the Replicaters/Relihumans DOES NOT mean they are the same.

Replicaters use Keron w.e energy...whose to say these microtech people are the same? IT may be a completly different scenario.
                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Why can't they just introduce an enemy that's on the same level as Earth. That way we won't have to rely on Deus Ex Machinas to survive

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz

Just because these new enemies have been described like the Replicaters/Relihumans DOES NOT mean they are the same.

Replicaters use Keron w.e energy...whose to say these microtech people are the same? IT may be a completly different scenario.

I definitely agree, and especially with these new Ashrun being an off-set version of the Ancients; disruptor technlogy probably won't work on them. Considering they can build ZPMs and know alot about ancient tech, i'm sure they know how to defend against the disruptor tech.
                    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

they are robots, rewrite them to be nice and help us, that way we have an unending supply of help, better then blowing them into dust
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz

Exactly. Not much has been revealed of the episode so everytime people hear the nanotech of the Assura they begin assuming that they are exactly like the replicators. These guys are using Lantian technology so that might suggest they cannot form blocks or anything like that. Hell its even possible that the Assura are biological human beings but just have nanites in them.

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        Why can't they just introduce an enemy that's on the same level as Earth. That way we won't have to rely on Deus Ex Machinas to survive
                        You mean like the Genii?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The Genii are 60 years behind us, not counting alien tech gathered from the SGC.

What I want is an enemy with interstellar starships without the "omg... you're so big" wankstuff. Aschen, Hebridians... something that haven't been the long lost enemy of the Ancients, Asgard, Wraith, Random old race.

Comment

Personally, I'm interested to see how they portray this new foe for the Atlantis team.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

if they r wat the ancients created y not just use and emp to destroy them and then take there tec
                              oh and if they r nanites couldnt they take over human bodies

Comment

Working...
                              X