PDA

View Full Version : New evil in the PG plan

Merlin1701
March 29th, 2006, 01:11 AM
The new enemy are robotic lantians that want to destroy Atlantis in their own city ship and they have the ability to create ZPM's. Their advanced replicators like first.

Why not send in the Asgard with the dissapation wave. Kill them all and take the technology!

your thoughts....

LORD MONK
March 29th, 2006, 01:21 AM
I wonder if it would work. After all, they are Androids. The same type has Reece that created the replicators

kohar
March 29th, 2006, 01:29 AM
I wonder if it would work. After all, they are Androids. The same type has Reece that created the replicators

They aren't androids. They're a collection of nanites.

From Gateworld Spoilers for Progeny - "They are artificial lifeforms that evolved from a Lantian experiment to create powerful and aggressive nanites to attack the Wraith on a cellular level ("Hot Zone"). But the microscopic creatures came together to form increasingly larger and more complex organisms, eventually imitating their creators to become human in appearance"

So they are more akin to Fifth, who was formed from microscopic sized replicator blocks. Reece wasn't built like this.

LORD MONK
March 29th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I think we are going to have to wait and see on this one. Reese made the Replicators. We know that much.

freyr's mother
March 29th, 2006, 02:26 PM
And we also know tha Reese was an android.

Milleniumlance
March 29th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Reese was an Android, who was built by "father" who is believed to be an Ancient that evacuated back to the Milky Way during the First Siege..I guess He continued his experiments and accidently created the primitive replicators through Reese, who then using a time dialation[sp] device advanced to Progeny level...

Merlin1701
March 29th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Even so the Ancient device built by the Asgard can kill/destroy these advanced nanite Replicator’s. We know that it does this by sending a pulse that disrupts the signal being sent to each block or nanite and we have seen the weapon used on a planetary and galactic/intergalactic scale.
Why not implement this type of pulse on this new race?

We would have loads of ZPM’s and the ability to build more, a new city ship to send to the MW and who knows what else. The other choice is try to curb their aggressive driver commands and have allies that would trade/give us ZPM’s.

I personally lean to the former than the latter. If the team were to take the offensive route we would have the Asgard in the PG, a couple of O’Niell class vessel stationed at Atlantis for at least 2 episodes to attack them.
Even if it fails the wave could be used to reprogram base commands?!?!

Your thoughts…..

Blitz
March 30th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Can I just point out that:

Slithering mind controling snakes = Tok'ra and Goa'uld

Just because these new enemies have been described like the Replicaters/Relihumans DOES NOT mean they are the same.

Replicaters use Keron w.e energy...whose to say these microtech people are the same? IT may be a completly different scenario.

aAnubiSs
March 30th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Why can't they just introduce an enemy that's on the same level as Earth. That way we won't have to rely on Deus Ex Machinas to survive :(

McSwift
April 1st, 2006, 03:18 AM

Just because these new enemies have been described like the Replicaters/Relihumans DOES NOT mean they are the same.

Replicaters use Keron w.e energy...whose to say these microtech people are the same? IT may be a completly different scenario.

I definitely agree, and especially with these new Ashrun being an off-set version of the Ancients; disruptor technlogy probably won't work on them. Considering they can build ZPMs and know alot about ancient tech, i'm sure they know how to defend against the disruptor tech.

2ndgenerationalteran
April 2nd, 2006, 03:06 AM
they are robots, rewrite them to be nice and help us, that way we have an unending supply of help, better then blowing them into dust

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 2nd, 2006, 06:51 AM

Exactly. Not much has been revealed of the episode so everytime people hear the nanotech of the Assura they begin assuming that they are exactly like the replicators. These guys are using Lantian technology so that might suggest they cannot form blocks or anything like that. Hell its even possible that the Assura are biological human beings but just have nanites in them.

Why can't they just introduce an enemy that's on the same level as Earth. That way we won't have to rely on Deus Ex Machinas to survive :(

You mean like the Genii?

aAnubiSs
April 2nd, 2006, 09:10 AM
The Genii are 60 years behind us, not counting alien tech gathered from the SGC.

What I want is an enemy with interstellar starships without the "omg... you're so big" wankstuff. Aschen, Hebridians... something that haven't been the long lost enemy of the Ancients, Asgard, Wraith, Random old race.

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Personally, I'm interested to see how they portray this new foe for the Atlantis team.

mrX225
April 8th, 2006, 05:58 AM
if they r wat the ancients created y not just use and emp to destroy them and then take there tec
oh and if they r nanites couldnt they take over human bodies

JUNIOR
April 8th, 2006, 06:56 AM
if they r wat the ancients created y not just use and emp to destroy them and then take there tec
oh and if they r nanites couldnt they take over human bodies

That’s what I was thinking why not try an E.M. pulse with a naquada generator like they did with the nanites on Atlantis. Although they would probably have to do it while the Asuran’s shields were down because they couldn’t detonate a generator on the Asuran ship because it would most likely destroy it and any ZPM’s that could be on board the ship so they would probably have to disable the shields first then detonate the generator in close enough range for this to possibly work.

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 8th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Again we dont know in what context these asurans are made in. Are they completely made of nanites like the replicators? or perhaps they have created an organic shell with nanites inside. Plus the nanite virus encountered by SG-1 may have been an early prototype and its possible that the new asurans no longer have that flaw.

JUNIOR
April 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I wasn't saying that it would work but from reading the spoilers it would be kinda crazy for them not to try, all things considering unless they know of another way to defeat them.

metroid
April 9th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Again we dont know in what context these asurans are made in. Are they completely made of nanites like the replicators? or perhaps they have created an organic shell with nanites inside. Plus the nanite virus encountered by SG-1 may have been an early prototype and its possible that the new asurans no longer have that flaw.

(taken from the progeny spoiler page)
But the microscopic creatures came together to form increasingly larger and more complex organisms, eventually imitating their creators to become human in appearance.

TheCaptain
April 9th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I hope that these Asurans are similiar to the replicator androids like Reece and Fifth, but different also - sort of a seperate evolutionary species with a common ancestor ;)

It would be interesting if it's made clear to the Pegasus expedition the similiarities between this new threat and the replicators, but also it's established pretty quicky that these Asurans are on a different level of nastiness yet again from SG1's old foes - all the tactics/tech that worked to bring about losses and defeat against the replicators will not necessarily have the same level of impact against these ancient-built androids.

I'm really hoping they won't rehash some old plot that's been used before to deal with this new threat, when the time comes to end the storyarc, or they maybe use this force against the ever-looming Wraith menace somehow. The Asurans in Season 3, I hope, hold promise of some exciting viewing ahead! :cool:

Capt