PDA

View Full Version : Bad idea?

northstar_08030
March 28th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I was thinking about one myself Stargate SG-1/Dr. Who one with the 9th one.

The Setting:

This take place shortly after the events in "Flesh and Blood" from Stargate SG-1 and for Dr. Who it takes place before "Rose".

The Plot:

The 9th Doctor helps the SG-1 team find clues to where Merlin's Anti-Ori wepon could be. Which will lead to the events that will take place in "The Pegaus Project"

I know this sounds audacious idea, what I would like to know is it a bad idea or not?

IMForeman
March 28th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I was thinking about one myself Stargate SG-1/Dr. Who one with the 9th one.

The Setting:

This take place shortly after the events in "Flesh and Blood" from Stargate SG-1 and for Dr. Who it takes place before "Rose".

The Plot:

The 9th Doctor helps the SG-1 team find clues to where Merlin's Anti-Ori wepon could be. Which will lead to the events that will take place in "The Pegaus Project"

I know this sounds audacious idea, what I would like to know is it a bad idea or not?

But... the Doctor is Merlin. Or at least, he will be.

northstar_08030
March 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM
But... the Doctor is Merlin. Or at least, he will be.

I didn't think of that, but that is a good point. That isn't the line of thinking that I was going with it, I was thinking that a colony Anicents/Alterans knew about the Time Lords. Which inspired then to build their own time machines, as seen in " It's Good To Be King" and "Window of Opportunity" but not to scale that the Time Lords did.

Also I won't be written this until I see all of the first season of the series of Dr. Who and the first three episode of season 10 of Stargate.

Nuallain
March 29th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Personally, I think the best type of crossover would be to have the international committee that oversees the SGC these days to send in an 'expert' to observe their operations - British Army General Lethbridge-Stewart. I'd say there's humour to be mined in how... unphased he is by everything.

"I have to say I'm impressed by who quickly you've adapted, General. Normally people have a bit of culture shock when they first hear all this stuff."

"My dear Colonel Mitchell, I've been firing rounds into the backsides of little green men since before you were born"

or

"If we rephase the quantum capacitor into the third binary system..."

"Never mind all that Doctor! Just tell me which end I point at the enemy!"

(off blank looks) "Sorry, force of habit. Now, Colonel Carter - which end do I *not* want to be standing in front of?"

or the inevitable:

"Prior chap on the left! Five round rapid!"

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 07:39 AM
That would be cool, then as Stewart is talking a blue box appears in the SGC they go crazy, but the general stops them and says "I'd let him come out if I were you, cause somthing more terrifing is on the way, and He is the only chap who can stop it."

The Signal
March 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Imdefinately thinking:

Sam: Doctor, the Stargate is overloading
Doctor: Only one thing for it

Sam and Doctor in unisen: Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!

Mattathias2.0
March 29th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Does this mean SG-1 will find a planet with Daleks on it?

Mattathias

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Does this mean SG-1 will find a planet with Daleks on it?

Mattathias
That would be fun

Cam: We are being chased by giant peper shakes.
Daniel: Stranger things have happen (Dramatic Pause) Well maybe not.
Carter: You would think they would have trouble on this terran...
Doctor: Hello want a Jelly Baby.

The Signal
March 29th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Some great Jack/Daniel moments are possible here:

Sam: How can we stop the Cybermen?
Jack: How bout this? *fires*
Doctor: Bullets cant stop it!
Sam: Then what can?
Jack: Magnets!

Or

Jack: So let me get this straight, you die and you change form and come back to life?
Doctor: Yep, pretty much
Jack: Hey Daniel, how come you dont do that?

Metarock Sam
March 29th, 2006, 12:56 PM
This is set for a whole lot of laughs !!!
Now I wonder who would win out of this The Daleks versus the Replicators.

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 12:59 PM
This is set for a whole lot of laughs !!!
Now I wonder who would win out of this The Daleks versus the Replicators.
Is it any guess EX-TERM-IN-ATE.

Metarock Sam
March 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I Know actualy Well Daleks would win since they could just learn the code the replicators use and destroy them through controlling them or hey will take that Technology and incorporate it into their own design ginving us
Repli-Daleks !!!

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I Know actualy Well Daleks would win since they could just learn the code the replicators use and destroy them through controlling them or hey will take that Technology and incorporate it into their own design ginving us
Repli-Daleks !!!
Yes I can see that, then even the good doctor might have a problem with them

Nuallain
March 29th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Well, the Daleks would probably take heavily losses while trying to solve the problem represented by the Replicators, but since each is essentially a squidy green Sam Carter in a tank, I'm sure they'd have come up with the same anti-replicator weapon sooner or later.

IMForeman
March 30th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Well, the Daleks would probably take heavily losses while trying to solve the problem represented by the Replicators, but since each is essentially a squidy green Sam Carter in a tank, I'm sure they'd have come up with the same anti-replicator weapon sooner or later.

I don't know, really. I mean, the Daleks were stymied by the Movellans of all things, and the Movellans are certainly no Replicators. And if you look at their modus operandi, the Replicators have a distinct advantage. The Replicators by their very nature adapt and advance. The Daleks, though, stay pure and unsulied by change. They believe themselves perfect and any change from their pure form is an abombination. I give the Replicators the upper protuberance in this one.

Coutelier
March 30th, 2006, 03:53 AM
I don't know, really. I mean, the Daleks were stymied by the Movellans of all things, and the Movellans are certainly no Replicators. And if you look at their modus operandi, the Replicators have a distinct advantage. The Replicators by their very nature adapt and advance. The Daleks, though, stay pure and unsulied by change. They believe themselves perfect and any change from their pure form is an abombination. I give the Replicators the upper protuberance in this one.

Davros programmed them to do what was necessary to survive... while the actual Dalek would never willingly change, each one is supposedly an engineering genius so they can develop new machines and technology.

And now that each one has a force field around it, it would be a bit harder for replicators to, er, replicate them.

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 06:45 AM
THey can alway go and try to Trick Davros to fix the problem again. ;)

Metarock Sam
March 30th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Yesa but the Replicators are much more advanced then the Movellans.

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 08:12 AM
We don't know that...

Metarock Sam
March 30th, 2006, 11:48 AM
But they look more advanced....

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I have a theory that the Tardis makes technology look like what a person can handle. I.e. in the 60s the tech looked like what a 60's person could imagine.

northstar_08030
April 2nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Some great Jack/Daniel moments are possible here:

Sam: How can we stop the Cybermen?
Jack: How bout this? *fires*
Doctor: Bullets cant stop it!
Sam: Then what can?
Jack: Magnets!

Or

Jack: So let me get this straight, you die and you change form and come back to life?
Doctor: Yep, pretty much
Jack: Hey Daniel, how come you dont do that?

I was thinking of other mouments that I could use:

Jack: "So how old are you?"
Doctor: "In your terms, I'm about 900 of years old."
Jack: "And you don't look a day over 500."

Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c walked through the portal of the Stargate. Jack and the Doctor are the only two left on the walkway. The Doctor looks at the portal in the same way that the Sam did "In the Childern of the Gods". Jack getting feed up with this, pushes the Doctor through the portal.

The team arrive on the planet.
The Doctor: "You bloody push me!"
Jack: "Oh, I did. Sorry about that." Jack walks away.
The Doctor walks to Sam and points in the direction of Jack. "Is he always like that?"
Sam: "More or less, yes."

At the end of the FanFic:

The Doctor gives Sam a kiss on the hand,( I personally think he would be attractive to Sam for many reasons) and then head back to his TARDIS. Which disapears.
Jack looks at Sam. "What is with you and alien men?"

The Signal
April 3rd, 2006, 08:44 AM
I would like to add a little something to the last one:

Jack: What is with you and alien men?
Sam: Well at least if this one dies I dont have to worry.

Plus, with my "bullets cant stop it", anyone notice the little tie in with S28's trailer? *looks smug*

creed462
April 3rd, 2006, 01:06 PM
lol so true

IMForeman
April 4th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I would like to add a little something to the last one:

Jack: What is with you and alien men?
Sam: Well at least if this one dies I dont have to worry.

Plus, with my "bullets cant stop it", anyone notice the little tie in with S28's trailer? *looks smug*

Except that that lineRefers to a Werewolf, not the Cybermen. :D

Nuallain
April 5th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Not to add fuel to this fire, but did anybody else notice that Merlin's lab in Camelot reused TARDIS set dressings from the Doctor Who TV Movie? Hardly surprising, considering the same guy did both sets but... first the Doctor's Merlin in the DW universe and now SG Merlin's place has bits of TARDIS controls lying about in it...

creed462
April 5th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Except that that lineRefers to a Werewolf, not the Cybermen. :D
There very little that bullets can stop in the DW universe
Remember what Brig said once
"For once I like to see an alien that isn't immuned to bullets."