This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad idea?

I was thinking about one myself Stargate SG-1/Dr. Who one with the 9th one.

The Setting:

This take place shortly after the events in "Flesh and Blood" from Stargate SG-1 and for Dr. Who it takes place before "Rose".

The Plot:

The 9th Doctor helps the SG-1 team find clues to where Merlin's Anti-Ori wepon could be. Which will lead to the events that will take place in "The Pegaus Project"

I know this sounds audacious idea, what I would like to know is it a bad idea or not?
    "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
    The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
    Rose: "Your face!"
    The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
    The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Originally posted by northstar_08030
    I was thinking about one myself Stargate SG-1/Dr. Who one with the 9th one.

The Setting:

This take place shortly after the events in "Flesh and Blood" from Stargate SG-1 and for Dr. Who it takes place before "Rose".

The Plot:

The 9th Doctor helps the SG-1 team find clues to where Merlin's Anti-Ori wepon could be. Which will lead to the events that will take place in "The Pegaus Project"

I know this sounds audacious idea, what I would like to know is it a bad idea or not?

But... the Doctor is Merlin. Or at least, he will be.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
      But... the Doctor is Merlin. Or at least, he will be.
      I didn't think of that, but that is a good point. That isn't the line of thinking that I was going with it, I was thinking that a colony Anicents/Alterans knew about the Time Lords. Which inspired then to build their own time machines, as seen in " It's Good To Be King" and "Window of Opportunity" but not to scale that the Time Lords did.

Also I won't be written this until I see all of the first season of the series of Dr. Who and the first three episode of season 10 of Stargate.
      Last edited by northstar_08030; 28 March 2006, 08:43 PM.
      "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
      The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
      Rose: "Your face!"
      The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
      The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Personally, I think the best type of crossover would be to have the international committee that oversees the SGC these days to send in an 'expert' to observe their operations - British Army General Lethbridge-Stewart. I'd say there's humour to be mined in how... unphased he is by everything.

"I have to say I'm impressed by who quickly you've adapted, General. Normally people have a bit of culture shock when they first hear all this stuff."

"My dear Colonel Mitchell, I've been firing rounds into the backsides of little green men since before you were born"

or

"If we rephase the quantum capacitor into the third binary system..."

"Never mind all that Doctor! Just tell me which end I point at the enemy!"

(off blank looks) "Sorry, force of habit. Now, Colonel Carter - which end do I *not* want to be standing in front of?"

or the inevitable:

"Prior chap on the left! Five round rapid!"

Comment

That would be cool, then as Stewart is talking a blue box appears in the SGC they go crazy, but the general stops them and says "I'd let him come out if I were you, cause somthing more terrifing is on the way, and He is the only chap who can stop it."
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Imdefinately thinking:

Sam: Doctor, the Stargate is overloading
            Doctor: Only one thing for it

Sam and Doctor in unisen: Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Does this mean SG-1 will find a planet with Daleks on it?

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                Does this mean SG-1 will find a planet with Daleks on it?

Mattathias
                That would be fun

Cam: We are being chased by giant peper shakes.
                Daniel: Stranger things have happen (Dramatic Pause) Well maybe not.
                Carter: You would think they would have trouble on this terran...
                Doctor: Hello want a Jelly Baby.

Comment

Some great Jack/Daniel moments are possible here:

Sam: How can we stop the Cybermen?
                  Jack: How bout this? *fires*
                  Doctor: Bullets cant stop it!
                  Sam: Then what can?
                  Jack: Magnets!

Or

Jack: So let me get this straight, you die and you change form and come back to life?
                  Doctor: Yep, pretty much
                  Jack: Hey Daniel, how come you dont do that?
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

This is set for a whole lot of laughs !!!
                    Now I wonder who would win out of this The Daleks versus the Replicators.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                      This is set for a whole lot of laughs !!!
                      Now I wonder who would win out of this The Daleks versus the Replicators.
                      Is it any guess EX-TERM-IN-ATE.

Comment

I Know actualy Well Daleks would win since they could just learn the code the replicators use and destroy them through controlling them or hey will take that Technology and incorporate it into their own design ginving us
                        Repli-Daleks !!!
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          I Know actualy Well Daleks would win since they could just learn the code the replicators use and destroy them through controlling them or hey will take that Technology and incorporate it into their own design ginving us
                          Repli-Daleks !!!
                          Yes I can see that, then even the good doctor might have a problem with them

Comment

Well, the Daleks would probably take heavily losses while trying to solve the problem represented by the Replicators, but since each is essentially a squidy green Sam Carter in a tank, I'm sure they'd have come up with the same anti-replicator weapon sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
                              Well, the Daleks would probably take heavily losses while trying to solve the problem represented by the Replicators, but since each is essentially a squidy green Sam Carter in a tank, I'm sure they'd have come up with the same anti-replicator weapon sooner or later.
                              I don't know, really. I mean, the Daleks were stymied by the Movellans of all things, and the Movellans are certainly no Replicators. And if you look at their modus operandi, the Replicators have a distinct advantage. The Replicators by their very nature adapt and advance. The Daleks, though, stay pure and unsulied by change. They believe themselves perfect and any change from their pure form is an abombination. I give the Replicators the upper protuberance in this one.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X