PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Fanfic Help and Forum

Mr_Fantastic
March 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hey, all! I love to write Dr Who fanfic, specifically 6th Doctor and 2nd Doctor stories. But I need a little help getting the ball rolling so to speak on a couple of stories. Could any of you help me out with like the first sentence? Anything would be appreciated!

See What you think of my most recent stories so far... love or hate.

The Best of Both Worlds (2nd Doctor)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2853813/1/

City of the Dead (6th Doctor)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2862307/1/

Enjoy! :) (hopefully)

Rowana
March 28th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Cool! I like reading fanfiction. ^_^ I don't have time to read right now, but I'll have a look and give you some feed back. ;)

northstar_08030
March 28th, 2006, 08:16 PM
It so good to see that I not the only one who is thinking about written FanFic with Dr. Who. But, I was thinking about one myself Stargate SG-1/Dr. Who one with the 9th one.

Rowana
March 29th, 2006, 08:30 AM
It so good to see that I not the only one who is thinking about written FanFic with Dr. Who. But, I was thinking about one myself Stargate SG-1/Dr. Who one with the 9th one.

Dr. Who works well for crossovers. If you ever write that let me know! :D I have too many unfinished stories right now to start another one, but I'd love to write a Dr. Who fanfic eventually. I have some hopefully good ideas already.

Oh, and I read your stories Fantastic. I think they are a pretty good start. You should really finish them someday. ^_^

Mr_Fantastic
March 29th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Dr. Who works well for crossovers. If you ever write that let me know! :D I have too many unfinished stories right now to start another one, but I'd love to write a Dr. Who fanfic eventually. I have some hopefully good ideas already.

Oh, and I read your stories Fantastic. I think they are a pretty good start. You should really finish them someday. ^_^
Thanks, I just started on those two last week. In "The Best of Both Worlds" I did a cross over with Magnum, PI. I just wanted to see if it would mesh right, and I think it did well enough. As for the other one, I've always wanted to do a voodoo one. I will Read and Review anything you guys put up if you want me to. If you have any good ideas, I could work with you on putting out a pretty good fanfic. :)

Reefgirl
March 31st, 2006, 09:40 AM
Writing Dr Who and Stargate crossovers is reletivly easy, I've just started the 6th chapter of a 10th Dr/Atlantis fic (*Shameless Plug* Link in my sig) I did actually think of doing a 9th Dr/Sg-1 fic back when the last series was on but never got round to it

Metarock Sam
April 1st, 2006, 12:25 AM
Yay fanfics. Always fun to read !!!

northstar_08030
April 2nd, 2006, 12:57 PM
(*Shameless Plug* Link in my sig) I did actually think of doing a 9th Dr/Sg-1 fic back when the last series was on but never got round to it

I just read it, you got McCay down pat! I know that you from the UK and so you have seen all of the first season episodes, so I just spolied myself from the upcoming episode on SF. Also, from what I read, the 10th doctor is much better with the social graces, then the 9th one. I am right about this?

The Signal
April 2nd, 2006, 01:55 PM
^You're right, Jackie Tyler likes him too! :D

Just a note, I am thinking of starting up an Alternate continuation to "The Parting Of The Ways" where You shouldnt be reading this if you havent seen S27Im warning youAre you sure?okay thenRose dies as the Doctor is unable to take the Time Vortex into his body, leaving him and Captain Jack to go out on their own, with the Doctor becoming more and more distant as time goes by

Reefgirl
April 2nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
^You're right, Jackie Tyler likes him too! :D

Just a note, I am thinking of starting up an Alternate continuation to "The Parting Of The Ways" where You shouldnt be reading this if you havent seen S27Im warning youAre you sure?okay then[spoilers]Rose dies as the Doctor is unable to take the Time Vortex into his body, leaving him and Captain Jack to go out on their own, with the Doctor becoming more and more distant as time goes by

I think that could be fun
You thinking of making it Slash?. I know someone who maybe interested

The Signal
April 3rd, 2006, 08:47 AM
^definately not, no ship either, just Doctor Who with a dark tone to it I was thinking I could run an episode alongside The Christmas Invasion, with the Doctor and Jack in Torchwood headquarters and trying to stop the honking green laser attack, with an emotional 9th Doctor/10th Doctor/Alterna-Rose(our canon Rose) scene at the end

Reefgirl
April 3rd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Sounds good

The Signal
April 3rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Still early stages, got some other mini-series on the go at the moment

Reefgirl
April 3rd, 2006, 09:11 AM
Send a link when it's done

The Signal
April 3rd, 2006, 09:32 AM
Send a link when it's done
You could be waiting months, Im looking at a series (13 episodes, script based) and they take a hell of a long time to get going. But still, I will hopefully get the first DW VS on here.

Reefgirl
April 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Ah Ok

Mr_Fantastic
April 3rd, 2006, 03:29 PM
Mr_F again, glad to see my thread is active :)

I'm working on a multiple Doctor (9th-2nd) story right now, and I need a little help finding a setting for it. Any ideas?

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
April 4th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Mr_F again, glad to see my thread is active :)

I'm working on a multiple Doctor (9th-2nd) story right now, and I need a little help finding a setting for it. Any ideas?Marinus?

Reefgirl
April 4th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Mondas?

The Signal
April 4th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Skaro! (but then I like them all to be there :D)

Metarock Sam
April 4th, 2006, 12:53 PM
But Skaro was destroyed....

The Signal
April 4th, 2006, 01:28 PM
^debateable depending on what you concider to be canon and what you dont, it was revealed in a novel that it survived, but if that is true or not has not been stated, yet.

Mr_Fantastic
April 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM
^debateable depending on what you concider to be canon and what you dont, it was revealed in a novel that it survived, but if that is true or not has not been stated, yet.
I think Skaro is definitely still around.

Forum Update: I will preread and proofread anybody's fics that want it. Happy to help :)

Reefgirl
April 17th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Shameless Plug Chapter six of There's a Doctor at the Gate is up

Mr_Fantastic
April 22nd, 2006, 04:10 PM
*plug* Here is the link to my new fic about the 8th Doctor regenerating. Enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2906441/1/

Reefgirl
April 24th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Good stuff, left you a reveiw

Mr_Fantastic
April 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Good stuff, left you a reveiw
Thanks alot! Chapter 3 is done and up! (probly be on later today)

I'm open to suggestions btw. Thanks

Reefgirl
April 24th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Ok, I'll keep a mind open, I'm taking a rest from Stargate fic this week, I'm out of ideas for once