The Website's "About" Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Website's "About" Section

In the text there is a "forum" link, but it directs you to the old ProBoards forum--not here, which is where I presume you would like it to.
    Rocky

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
    In the text there is a "forum" link, but it directs you to the old ProBoards forum--not here, which is where I presume you would like it to.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed that.

Once we'll be redesigning the site for Season Three, there'll be some improvements anyway, like a more detailed about section, and perhaps the FAQ will actually really be updated at that point.

I'll also say that we'll most likely be needing someone new to design the S3 look once the time comes, as I don't believe Sam will be having the time for it. But there'll be an official announcment if/when we're looking for someone to do that.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I volunteer to help with the site-redesign.
      "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
      ==============================================================
      Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
      Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Did you do that...erm...thingy design? Vb design?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If you're referring to the two forum-skins for VBulletin I did, then yes.

I've been thinking about ideas for a new website for Horizon for quite a while since I did them, and I can say that - while I would keep the greens and blacks for the site - it would be slightly cleaner than the design I originally did... and would have a Flash-based menu with the Horizon Stargate for selecting pages.

The beauty of it is SGH is hosted on GateWorld, so the fact of it being a PHP site has always been possible, but just never explored in more detail. Although I don't know how to code in PHP completely, I can create the graphics for the site and I do know someone who has made some great sites in the language before, so maybe he can give me a hand in implementation.
          "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
          Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
          Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

The forums only hosted here......?
            sigpic

Comment

Erm... I don't know, have to check that.

Anyway, for the skin I made for the forum, there is a special way you can get it to run inside a subforum without changing the main skin for the everything else. An example of this can be seen at the Planetside Syndicate Forums; when you browse to the "Idealab" sections.

Then when you switch back to everything else on the GateWorld Forum, you see their skin as normal.

Comment

I know. I suggested that to Alex.
                sigpic

Comment

But I would love to see it happen BTW.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X