Weird. ;)

prion
March 27th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Huh...that's, uh...that's new, isn it?

Weird. ;)

Maybe just a template for future use??

isis2381ice
March 27th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah I only noticed it today myself. I actually made a post about it on another thread here on Gateworld. Here is a link to the post I made about it:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5089003#post5089003

Perhaps as someone mentioned on the other thread...it might be new and not yet announced...in which case I can't wait to it starts up!

BlueCat...Gater
March 27th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I'm glad that Joe has a blog now. I'm interested to hear what he has to say about the show, filming, etc. Just saw him at the Vancouver con and he seems really sweet and , in my opinion, a bit overwhelmed by all of us fans.

Oh and not to mention gorgeous...as I saw first hand at my photo op.... *off to drool some more*

prion
March 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah I only noticed it today myself. I actually made a post about it on another thread here on Gateworld. Here is a link to the post I made about it:

Perhaps as someone mentioned on the other thread...it might be new and not yet announced...in which case I can't wait to it starts up!

Hadn't noticed it there yet - so many purty pics to look through ;) - but might get verification here easier. Be interesting to know if it's something that will be happening...

keshou
March 27th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Friend pointed me toward this particular blog

http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/flanigan/index.shtml..

Interesting......there's one for Amanda as well.

http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/tapping/index.shtml

Perhaps two new bloggers to come.

isis2381ice
March 27th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I'm glad that Joe has a blog now. I'm interested to hear what he has to say about the show, filming, etc. Just saw him at the Vancouver con and he seems really sweet and, in my opinion, a bit overwhelmed by all of us fans.

Oh and not to mention gorgeous...as I saw first hand at my photo op.... *off to drool some more*

Well unfortunately I was unable to attend the con :sheppardanime32:but I am also very interested in what he has to say about what you mentioned above as well. Also since JF is starting up a blog perhaps the other actors will follow suit…which would be absolutely awesome!

isis2381ice
March 27th, 2006, 05:36 PM

Hadn't noticed it there yet - so many purty pics to look through ;) - but might get verification here easier. Be interesting to know if it's something that will be happening...

:lol:Sometimes when I have some assessments to do or have to study for an exam (I go to Uni) there are several days when I don’t log on and then when I do log on I go into that thread it’s like a million new pages have come up! I’d say that it has to be one of the most popular threads on this site. But yeah I also agree some real fine pics there!:D:P

Excellent! I can’t wait to this start up! Hopefully, eventually they will be able to get the whole cast doing these.

xfkirsten
March 27th, 2006, 05:40 PM

Oh, someone please tell me this isn't an early April Fool's joke. I'd SO love to see her blog here...

Erised
March 27th, 2006, 05:42 PM
EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Now I hope they disable comments.....:S

PG15
March 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Wait a sec...we're 5 days away from April 1st!

Hmm...I smell a joke.

isis2381ice
March 27th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Oh I hope not...I'm so looking forward to seeing this!

brandohall
March 27th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Amanda Tapping's Template has been up for months.... It's nothing new.

prion
March 28th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Amanda Tapping's Template has been up for months.... It's nothing new.

Hmm, then perhaps these blogs are just 'templates' for wishful thinking?

Insipid
March 28th, 2006, 05:10 AM
It's better to be prepared than to be caught in the rain with no pants.

The Signal
March 28th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Well Darren was being secretive about a possible second blogger to join up back when Gary Jones' blog was starting, so heres hoping

prion
March 28th, 2006, 08:18 AM
It's better to be prepared than to be caught in the rain with no pants.

Um, okay..... not that it takes 30 days to recopy a template and load it ;)

Darren
March 28th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Ahhhh, you sneaky people. Peeking at the presents in the sack after Mom's home from the mall but before she's wrapped them. ;)

Joe and Amanda expressed interest in blogging over the hiatus, but real-life factors have prevented either of them from kicking it off yet. We mentioned it to both of them last week, but we're still in a holding pattern for the time being. Stay tuned!

Pharaoh Atem
March 28th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Ahhhh, you sneaky people. Peeking at the presents in the sack after Mom's home from the mall but before she's wrapped them.

you were at the convention so we thought that we would look around next time put a iris in front of the door:p

The Signal
March 28th, 2006, 09:31 AM
you were at the convention so we thought that we would look around next time put a iris in front of the door:p
*Runs head first into an iris* thanks for that :P

So, two of the regulars bloggin, oh yeah! Its official, Gateworld RULES!

Pharaoh Atem
March 28th, 2006, 09:39 AM
so thats the thud i heard

wolverine_nl
March 28th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I'm all eyes on this...It would be nice to see two main characters of both shows blog, and if not...well at least they've shown interest, that's enough for me. :cameron:

FoolishPleasure
March 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Ahhhh, you sneaky people. Peeking at the presents in the sack after Mom's home from the mall but before she's wrapped them. ;)

Joe and Amanda expressed interest in blogging over the hiatus, but real-life factors have prevented either of them from kicking it off yet. We mentioned it to both of them last week, but we're still in a holding pattern for the time being. Stay tuned!
I would hope the "Comments" feature would be turned off - for everyone's sake. :)

prion
March 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
I would hope the "Comments" feature would be turned off - for everyone's sake. :)

You're worrying too much. I seriously doubt the actors would get flamed... in fact, only JM got flamed but them he did dish back too, so... ahem, well....

the only thing I'd worry about in the AT comments would be the gazillion people repeating 'when when are Sam and Jack getting together,' which would get tiresome realllllll fast ;)

xfkirsten
March 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
You're worrying too much. I seriously doubt the actors would get flamed... in fact, only JM got flamed but them he did dish back too, so... ahem, well....

the only thing I'd worry about in the AT comments would be the gazillion people repeating 'when when are Sam and Jack getting together,' which would get tiresome realllllll fast ;)

Personally, I'm less worried about them getting flamed than them getting out-of-line comments from overzealous fans...

prion
March 28th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Personally, I'm less worried about them getting flamed than them getting out-of-line comments from overzealous fans...

Well, that would be the constant are sam and jack getting married comments I'm sure AT would get ;) I think the comments thing is up to them, but I'm sure you'll get more good comments than anything bad, but the fans might use the comments thread to push agendas (seen it before, after all).

But, this is all, well, just speculation as they've have to do blogs first, right?

isis2381ice
March 28th, 2006, 03:56 PM
True Prion but honestly though I do tend to agree that it might be wise to disable the comments section as it seems to have done more harm then good and besides from some of the comments that I have read in other threads, for example; like the fans that knew that the power went out at Joe Flanigan’s house (OMG if I were him to say I’d be freaked would be an understatement! Especially having young children!) There are some SCARY (wacky/crazy:psycho: ) fans out there and it would be such a shame if both Joe Flanigan and Amanda Tapping cancelled there blogging because of the comments although totally understandable if fans were I dunno trying to proposition them or something pathetic like that. I mean it’s one thing to joke around on the forums and say whatever but then to actually say these things for real to the actors or believe them is just quite sad and anyone like that needs psychiatric help in my humble opinion.

A suggestion though, perhaps they could have comments but on another section, maybe have a specific thread for comments regarding the blogs but have an approval process where the moderators check the post before allowing it to go through so any out there (Koo, Koo:wraith32: ) posts are not put on and hence not wasting everyone’s time and offending/freaking out the actors. Also have rules set up so any repeat posts of that nature are dealt with (i.e. warnings and suspensions etc).

Anyway here I am going on with my long-winded crap AGAIN (:lol:) long story short I think it would be a better experience for both the actors and the fans to have the blogging yes but with no comments or as per my suggestion above have a separate thread.

I apologise in advance if I have offended anyone by this post as it is not my intention, I am just trying to think about what would be best for both the actors and the fans.

Elinor
March 28th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Great news about Joe's blog!

Good idea, Isis, about having an approval process for the comments.

Thanks for getting this going Darren. It should be fun...if Joe gets the time to do it that is!!

:)

Naughtrish
March 29th, 2006, 04:19 AM
The only thing it worries me about Joe's blog is that he might have to deal with some people calling him a h0r and all that stuff his character was called in several threads.

knocknashee
March 29th, 2006, 05:41 AM
I think there should be some ability to comment, otherwise it defeats the point of the idea, however, I agree with everyone above who said there should be some form of approvals process. Either that or a dedicated thread for responses - which means basically that you have to be a member to reply, and thus everyone knows exactly who said what.

isis2381ice
March 29th, 2006, 05:51 AM
The only thing it worries me about Joe's blog is that he might have to deal with some people calling him a h0r and all that stuff his character was called in several threads.

Exactly right! Just another example of stupid immature (and unnecessary) behaviour if you ask me...don’t people know that there is a difference between the actor and the character? Or are they really that deluded?
*I am referring to the minority of people who do act like this, you know who you are!*

Linzi
March 29th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Agreed, Trish.
After some of the appalling stuff I've seen written about Joe, not Sheppard, and ridiculous speculation concerning his personal life in some places around here, I would hope those people would have no interest in communicating with the man anyway. I mean, why would you want to if you feel like that?

A separate thread for communication purposes sounds a good idea.

FoolishPleasure
March 29th, 2006, 07:17 AM
If "Comments" are going to be left on, they I would at least like the mods to review them before they are actually posted. That way they could eliminate the whacko posts that could be offensive, or stalkerish.

David
March 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM
The limits of the mods' responsibility only stretches to the limits of the Forum. If and when these other folks do decide to start blogging, we will leave the comments management options in their hands -- not ours.

It is inappropriate to assume, on their behalf, that they do not know what they are getting themselves into by blogging (they are big boys and girls, and don't need us to handhold them). Ben Browder himself was a regular reader of Mallozzi's blog (and comments), and Amanda has spoken to Gary Jones up and down about his.

prion
March 29th, 2006, 08:07 AM
The limits of the mods' responsibility only stretches to the limits of the Forum. If and when these other folks do decide to start blogging, we will leave the comments management options in their hands -- not ours.

It is inappropriate to assume, on their behalf, that they do not know what they are getting themselves into by blogging (they are big boys and girls, and don't need us to handhold them). Ben Browder himself was a regular reader of Mallozzi's blog (and comments), and Amanda has spoken to Gary Jones up and down about his.

makes sense. Besides, who would determine what's good to go to comments and what isn't? ;)

If people start acting up, the actors (if they do the blogs) can always choose to turn off the comments or just sit back and go "who ARE these people??"

David
March 29th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Exactly. Just as we have before. Mallozzi allowed anyone and everyone to post their thoughts to him because, quite frankly, he enjoyed the good with the bad.

I don't know about you guys, but some of those comments made me realize just how petty some parts of fandom are. Perhaps not pinning it on any group specific, but just the sheer fact that they exist. Very enlightening.

Linzi
March 29th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Exactly. Just as we have before. Mallozzi allowed anyone and everyone to post their thoughts to him because, quite frankly, he enjoyed the good with the bad.

I don't know about you guys, but some of those comments made me realize just how petty some parts of fandom are. Perhaps not pinning it on any group specific, but just the sheer fact that they exist. Very enlightening.
Quite honestly I was horrified by some of the comments! It certainly opened my eyes as to some aspects of the fandom. Still, Joe Mallozzi seemed to handle himself incredibly well, and I definitely got the impression he enjoyed the feedback, whether it be good, bad or totally weird!

prion
March 29th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Quite honestly I was horrified by some of the comments! It certainly opened my eyes as to some aspects of the fandom. Still, Joe Mallozzi seemed to handle himself incredibly well, and I definitely got the impression he enjoyed the feedback, whether it be good, bad or totally weird!

Most fandom is quiet and lurks and doens't say much. The folks who usually troll and make rude remarks in comment sections and on boards are also usually a very tiny fraction of online fandom. And most people who left rude remarks also did so under the Anonymous feature; however, in playing devil's advocate, I saw JM leave some pretty rude remarks in his time too in other forums... ;)

knocknashee
March 30th, 2006, 01:20 AM

Y'know, being honest, I desperately wanted to say that myself, but didn't because if I'd have said it, I can imagine the response it would have garnered from some folk around these parts. These people are grown adults, and yes, while I can see the point about some of the comments people fear being made, it is rather presumptuous of anyone to assume that each blogger won't find a way to deal with it or forbid, even give as good as they get...

JM's blog made me realised that people think they can say any dumb crap that somes into their head, without fear of reprisals when the cloak of anonymity is an option.

To be honest, over the year, I've had a fair few eye-opening, enlightening moments when it comes to this particular fandom - of which his blog was just one...

GateGipsy
March 30th, 2006, 01:34 AM
I'd love to see more actor blogs.

With regard to the comments, I say leave them on. It makes me appreciate the forum :)

(pssst in the meantime, while you all are waiting, don't forget the mods have a few blogs too. Y'know. Just in case you were bored. And wanted something to read. If you've the time. Drop by. Say hi. :))

knocknashee
March 30th, 2006, 01:42 AM
I'd love to see more actor blogs.

With regard to the comments, I say leave them on. It makes me appreciate the forum :)

(pssst in the meantime, while you all are waiting, don't forget the mods have a few blogs too. Y'know. Just in case you were bored. And wanted something to read. If you've the time. Drop by. Say hi. :))

I have to say, I would as well. That and some fan blogs, though maybe judgement on that should be reserved until I'd seen which fans...

I have to say, the comments thing kinda amuses me, because I read the nasties and have to wonder about some of the people making them. Not only that, I love to see actors fight back...

prion
March 30th, 2006, 03:39 AM
I have to say, I would as well. That and some fan blogs, though maybe judgement on that should be reserved until I'd seen which fans...

I have to say, the comments thing kinda amuses me, because I read the nasties and have to wonder about some of the people making them. Not only that, I love to see actors fight back...

Yeah, but who needs to waste their time responding to a bunch of fans who need to get a reality check? ;)

Starting to think that with the bigger stars (Tapping, Flanigan) just kill the comments section and let the fans read and enjoy what they say and leave it at that.

knocknashee
March 30th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Yeah, but who needs to waste their time responding to a bunch of fans who need to get a reality check? ;)

Starting to think that with the bigger stars (Tapping, Flanigan) just kill the comments section and let the fans read and enjoy what they say and leave it at that.

Aye, there is that... :P Though saying that, there is a minority who read my blog who think my sole purpose in life is to keep them in downloads and that the minute one breaks I should fix it by spending another 4 hours uploading...yadda yadda...because, I, like, have nothing better to do...

Whilst I'd always be interested to read what was said, I think to be honest it would be a waste to have such a feature and not use it for some level of interaction. As it stands, and as David said, that is down to each individual and isn't fixed for the life of the blog - settings can be changed at will. It will basically be whatever Joe and Amanda decide - which might even be not to blog, ultimately...

prion
March 30th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Aye, there is that... :P Though saying that, there is a minority who read my blog who think my sole purpose in life is to keep them in downloads and that the minute one breaks I should fix it by spending another 4 hours uploading...yadda yadda...because, I, like, have nothing better to do...

Whilst I'd always be interested to read what was said, I think to be honest it would be a waste to have such a feature and not use it for some level of interaction. As it stands, and as David said, that is down to each individual and isn't fixed for the life of the blog - settings can be changed at will. It will basically be whatever Joe and Amanda decide - which might even be not to blog, ultimately...

of course your blog is there and you should fix it 24/7 ;) Yeah, I've seen people who go "fix that on your site!" and you respond back "when I get back from my job/work". Ah, believe me, I think many people would love to just blog for a living (apparently a few can...) but anyway....

We're counting the chickens before they hatch. Actually, I'd rather see Joe pen another SGA episode (backstory! give Shep backstory!) and with a new baby, I keep wondering how Amanda could have time (just from my experience in talking to new moms) :)

I'd like to see a blog from the people who open all the fan mail at the studio. Now, THAT would be fun!

knocknashee
March 30th, 2006, 05:19 AM
of course your blog is there and you should fix it 24/7 ;) Yeah, I've seen people who go "fix that on your site!" and you respond back "when I get back from my job/work". Ah, believe me, I think many people would love to just blog for a living (apparently a few can...) but anyway....

We're counting the chickens before they hatch. Actually, I'd rather see Joe pen another SGA episode (backstory! give Shep backstory!) and with a new baby, I keep wondering how Amanda could have time (just from my experience in talking to new moms) :)

I'd like to see a blog from the people who open all the fan mail at the studio. Now, THAT would be fun!

Oh yeah, I mean, if I won the lottery and didn't have other stuff to do. Not like I'm working atm, but I do have other stuff to take care of...

Yeah, you know, I hope Joe does pen another episode at some stage, but I think I'd rather he penned it entirely, and then TPTB look over it, cos I think Epiphany got totally destroyed by Brad Wright. What Joe had been talking about in the run up to it had sounded pretty good - I think a lot got lost in the translation. Something for Sheppard's backstory would be good, though a good, solid team ep would warm my heart equally as much.

As to Amanda, I imagine motherhood was the reason this idea got put on the shelf for now...

Oh god, could you imagine what the fanmail people could have to say? I honestly think you'd fall off the chair with laughter. I remember sitting in a hotel bar chatting to the father of a boyband member, and he was telling us about some of the strange stuff girls sent his son - you would not believe some of the frankly weird things fans do...

prion
March 30th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Oh yeah, I mean, if I won the lottery and didn't have other stuff to do. Not like I'm working atm, but I do have other stuff to take care of...

Heh, yeah, most fans do have lives :)

Yeah, you know, I hope Joe does pen another episode at some stage, but I think I'd rather he penned it entirely, and then TPTB look over it, cos I think Epiphany got totally destroyed by Brad Wright. What Joe had been talking about in the run up to it had sounded pretty good - I think a lot got lost in the translation. Something for Sheppard's backstory would be good, though a good, solid team ep would warm my heart equally as much.

If he does a blog, yeah, I'd like to see that he's thinking about another storyline, something with Shep's background and/or exploring the city.

As to Amanda, I imagine motherhood was the reason this idea got put on the shelf for now...

Blog would probably begin with 'Need sleep....." and then that would be it ;)

Oh god, could you imagine what the fanmail people could have to say? I honestly think you'd fall off the chair with laughter. I remember sitting in a hotel bar chatting to the father of a boyband member, and he was telling us about some of the strange stuff girls sent his son - you would not believe some of the frankly weird things fans do...

Oh, I could imagine. First, don't know if SG fandom experiences this, but I know that rock groupies send naked piccies of themselves to their idols(the rock stars should start up websites - my bad fan mail). With SG... it would be, "oh sheesh, it's so and so with her 600th letter wanting (Sam and Jack together, Daniel back, Jonas back, the furlings back, etc. etc.) ;) I think the weirdest thing I ever saw given to an actor was a coconut, but it did have a strange significance, and oddly enough, he did take it home in his luggage.

knocknashee
March 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Oh, I could imagine. First, don't know if SG fandom experiences this, but I know that rock groupies send naked piccies of themselves to their idols(the rock stars should start up websites - my bad fan mail). With SG... it would be, "oh sheesh, it's so and so with her 600th letter wanting (Sam and Jack together, Daniel back, Jonas back, the furlings back, etc. etc.) ;) I think the weirdest thing I ever saw given to an actor was a coconut, but it did have a strange significance, and oddly enough, he did take it home in his luggage.

Yeah, there was the nekkid pics, the underwear, aparently some of it unwashed, which is just ganking in the worst possible way.

Then there was the stuff that is just so disgusting it doesn't bear mentioning...:S

On the weird front, someone gave Mark a turnip once...all wrapped in a pretty box and everything...and I do believe his dad said they once recieved a parcel of cream cakes as well...