PDA

View Full Version : More Zelenka in season 3?

RoaringMice
March 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Do we know if there are plans to use the Zelenka character more often in this upcoming season? I've really enjoyed what little we've seen of him, and am hoping that they might play with him a bit more.

Mattathias2.0
March 27th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I haven't heard anything...

But I'd love for him to become a main cast member.

Mattathias

RoaringMice
March 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM
That'd be pretty cool. He's an interesting character, and I agree - expaning the role may add something to the series.

I like how he can hold his own with Rodney, showing no fear at all, and yet he seems kind of afraid of off-world missions and the like. I also love that they let him use the occasional Czech phrase. I think they can play some of that stuff up and it would make for interesting viewing.

Mattathias2.0
March 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Well, thing is - It was him who have ultimately gave the most crucial information in regards to our finales.

In The Brotherhood, he not only detected the Wraith Dart heading to Atlantis, he also figured out the Wraith information thing, revealing that 3 Wraith Hive Ships are headed for Atlantis.

In The Siege, he explained to Dr. Weir that the self-destruct mechanism wouldn't work.

In Inferno, he told Dr. Weir about the single Wraith Hive Ship headed for Atlantis.

In Allies, he explained to Dr. Weir how the Wraith destroyed the intel they sent us, how it sent info undetected, and how they got the Aurora Mission Reports, and every planet in our database.

He has a pivatol role in the Atlantis Expedition Team. I also know he is no smarter than Dr. McKay.

Mattathias

pRyvvik
March 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM
I get tired of the whole "im a geeky scientist and im afraid to go offworld!" cliche. Its insulting to us real computer geeks :-/

_WraithQueen_
March 27th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I would love to see him more, he's a great character and i think it would be fun to see him go off world more. It would be cool for him to be a stand in for McKay if he gets injured so zelenka has to go with sheppards team on a mission

mckaychick
March 27th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I would love to see him more

starfox
March 27th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I certainly hope he continues to play a part; I think spoilers have indicated that he's in a few eps, though I'm not sure which ones.

He's just just a great counterpoint to McKay. Nykl and Hewlett just work so well together onscreen and I'm looking forward to more of that chemistry. Plus, I just adore Zelenka. He's just so fun, and I love it when Atlantis uses their recurring cast members to add conitinuity and a feeling of community.

Allestian
March 27th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I want them to make the title sequence longer so that they can put him in. He deserves to be there.

:D

Avenger
March 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM
He's a good character. He should be on as often as possible.

Major_Griff
March 27th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I also think that Zelinka ia great character. Plus if (god-forbid) David Hewlett ever decided to leave the show, Zelinka is a built in replacement for him. The transition would be so smooth, and I highly doubt there be more than a few that objected to him being the replacement as oposed to a new character.

the fifth man
March 27th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I'm definitely Pro Zelenka.:D I'd love to see his character more this coming season. His interactions with Rodney as so awesome.

Damar
March 27th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Zelenka is to me the proof that not only the US and Canada can have geniuses.

Stuey1221
March 28th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Zelenka is a fantastic character! I think the interaction between him and Rodney gives the series a kick of humor.

Insipid
March 28th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Gotta love the random blurting stuff out in Czech. Zelenka's one of my favourite recurring characters in Stargate, right up there with Dr. Lee.

Poor Lee, will he ever not end up hurt/tortured/wrong?

Sarahlou
March 28th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Zelnka is a brilliant character, so hopefully he will return and in plenty of episodes...I agree he should beomc emore of a full time cast member as well...but however he comes back, as long as he doesn't become a proverbial red shirt, I'm happy! Dont you just love it when he mutters under his breath in Czech! Gotta be the funniest scenes lol

Lida
March 28th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Couldn't agree more....definitely MORE Zelenka, and from what we sorta heard in Vancouver, there should be! SQEEEEEE! :D

prion
March 28th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Couldn't agree more....definitely MORE Zelenka, and from what we sorta heard in Vancouver, there should be! SQEEEEEE! :D

Can you clarify that statement? Alas, most of the fans who attend these cons never post a thing to the net, so what precisely was said about Zelenka at the Vancouver con, and by whom? Very curious.

Pharaoh Atem
March 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Zelenka is a great character even when he is not with rodney i hope to see him more in season 3

800 posts:jack:

shockwave
March 28th, 2006, 09:42 AM
would be fun to have an episode where mckay breaks his leg, and is wheel chair bound for an episode, and zelenka has to replace him on sheppards team. McKay can complain about not being able to go off-world, and off-world shep can say how relaxing it is not having mckay around

sueKay
March 28th, 2006, 09:50 AM
I absolutely love Zelenka, and while the main cast is already a bit crowded, I'd love to see him as a series regular...I hope that he's in a lot of season three!!!