This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Zelenka in season 3?

Do we know if there are plans to use the Zelenka character more often in this upcoming season? I've really enjoyed what little we've seen of him, and am hoping that they might play with him a bit more.
    Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

I haven't heard anything...

But I'd love for him to become a main cast member.

Mattathias

Comment

That'd be pretty cool. He's an interesting character, and I agree - expaning the role may add something to the series.

I like how he can hold his own with Rodney, showing no fear at all, and yet he seems kind of afraid of off-world missions and the like. I also love that they let him use the occasional Czech phrase. I think they can play some of that stuff up and it would make for interesting viewing.
      Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

Comment

Well, thing is - It was him who have ultimately gave the most crucial information in regards to our finales.

In The Brotherhood, he not only detected the Wraith Dart heading to Atlantis, he also figured out the Wraith information thing, revealing that 3 Wraith Hive Ships are headed for Atlantis.

In The Siege, he explained to Dr. Weir that the self-destruct mechanism wouldn't work.

In Inferno, he told Dr. Weir about the single Wraith Hive Ship headed for Atlantis.

In Allies, he explained to Dr. Weir how the Wraith destroyed the intel they sent us, how it sent info undetected, and how they got the Aurora Mission Reports, and every planet in our database.

He has a pivatol role in the Atlantis Expedition Team. I also know he is no smarter than Dr. McKay.

Mattathias

Comment

I get tired of the whole "im a geeky scientist and im afraid to go offworld!" cliche. Its insulting to us real computer geeks :-/

Comment

I would love to see him more, he's a great character and i think it would be fun to see him go off world more. It would be cool for him to be a stand in for McKay if he gets injured so zelenka has to go with sheppards team on a mission

Comment

I would love to see him more
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I certainly hope he continues to play a part; I think spoilers have indicated that he's in a few eps, though I'm not sure which ones.

He's just just a great counterpoint to McKay. Nykl and Hewlett just work so well together onscreen and I'm looking forward to more of that chemistry. Plus, I just adore Zelenka. He's just so fun, and I love it when Atlantis uses their recurring cast members to add conitinuity and a feeling of community.
                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                Spoiler:
                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

I want them to make the title sequence longer so that they can put him in. He deserves to be there.

Comment

He's a good character. He should be on as often as possible.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I also think that Zelinka ia great character. Plus if (god-forbid) David Hewlett ever decided to leave the show, Zelinka is a built in replacement for him. The transition would be so smooth, and I highly doubt there be more than a few that objected to him being the replacement as oposed to a new character.

Perfecto!

Comment

I'm definitely Pro Zelenka. I'd love to see his character more this coming season. His interactions with Rodney as so awesome.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Zelenka is to me the proof that not only the US and Canada can have geniuses.
                          Scoping through the night...looking for Athosians

Comment

Zelenka is a fantastic character! I think the interaction between him and Rodney gives the series a kick of humor.
                            Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                            MSN: [email protected]
                            feel free to add me on either

Comment

Gotta love the random blurting stuff out in Czech. Zelenka's one of my favourite recurring characters in Stargate, right up there with Dr. Lee.

Poor Lee, will he ever not end up hurt/tortured/wrong?
                              I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X