Is 24 Better Than Lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 24 Better Than Lost?

Stumbled across this article today while trying to avoid doing any work, should waste a good 5 minutes of your life.

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3844

Come to think of it, I completely agree with him!

if you click on the link it says that the story isn't available

but i do have to say 24 is proabaly one of the better shows on tv period
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

IMO 24 doesnt come close,the characters arent as interesting and the storyline doesnt leave you wanting more, so no, I think Lost is far better than 24
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I like 24 best.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          IMO 24 doesn't come close,the characters aren't as interesting and the storyline doesn't leave you wanting more, so no, I think Lost is far better than 24
          I guess it depends on the person me and other 24 fans go crazy every week wanting to see what is going to happen so i have to totally disagree with you
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

24 is better. I've already given up on Lost.
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Although I'm in agreement with the article, yes, I do think that 24 is much better than Lost, but then again, the two shows are completely different in terms of genre. Not everyone likes the same things.

If you're looking in terms in actual delivery of content, then yes, 24 delivers the goods. Lost, however, has failed to do so. Especially recently.

I liked the first season of Lost, but it's gone down-hill, unfortunately. I've found a better show to watch, and that's Prison Break. Equally as good as 24, imo.
              __

__

Comment

although i don't think the article touches on all the reasons why 24 is a better show, it is inherently impossible for me to disagree with it, because the writers on 24 do understand what they're doing. so far, only 3 episodes (out of 14) of 24 s5 have been downright bad.

lost, on the other hand, is trying to go outside the grain of simple rules for writing, like presenting complete ideas while still deepening the mystery (instead, lost is just wandering aimlessly; it's a bit sad). while there have been maybe 4 or 5 okay episodes, only ONE episode this season has been really good.

lost is a disapointment. i'll still watch, with hope, but regardless of genre differences, the writing isn't there on lost right now; it's decent to great on 24 (even if you don't like it, you should respect it - I, for example, do not like Desperate Housewives at all, seeing as the comedy is aimed at aging middle-to-upper-class married/divorced women, but i respect that fact that it is well written).

there's my two cents...

Comment

Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.Jack Bauer is God.

24 is the best show, ever.

Lost is fantastic.

24 just delivers more IWQHPUHB pfc83h pHBSDbv 1!#E2b31!!@#! better.

Comment

I can't really judge cuz I don't watch 24. I don't even watch Prison Break.

But I do watch Lost and Surface, and I think both are great shows. Invasion is great too.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                      I can't really judge cuz I don't watch 24. I don't even watch Prison Break.

But I do watch Lost and Surface, and I think both are great shows. Invasion is great too.
                      24 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> prison crap

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo

24 is the best show, ever.

Lost is fantastic.

Morbo, you are spot on 24 is Fracking awesome! It's even making Lost look ordinary at the moment which lets face is still better than eveything else on broadcast TV!

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion147
                          Morbo, you are spot on 24 is Fracking awesome! It's even making Lost look ordinary at the moment which lets face is still better than eveything else on broadcast TV!

i've been watching both shows since their respective inceptions (first eps), and pound for pound, 24 is much more exciting and just awesome television.
                          Lost is great because its so mysterious, and it has so many incredible actors and storylines. But like I said, when it comes to pulling punches, 24 does not.

Comment

interestingly, to me anyway, both shows have followed the same general path.

24 S1 was excellent...fairly new idea, great drama, great characters
                            Lost S1 was excellent....fairly new idea, great drama, great characters.

24 S2 - not so new anymore, rehash of S1 and not done very well, characters seemed stilted, couldn't watch it after the first 5 or 6 eps.
                            Lost S2 - not so new anymore, extension of S1 not done very well, characters left flailing about, hard to watch when there is no apparent progression (until last night anyway).

24 S3 - even worse than S2 - completely far fetched - impossible to suspend disbelief. soap opera characters all of whom seem to be determined to eliminate everybody else around them, even if they're on the same side.
                            Lost S3?

24 S4 - back to a great story and great characters.
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

And just when I start to lose interest in Lost it comes back with an episode like Lockdown. Brilliant, if ever a episode was designed to please the fans it was this one, just look at all the internet discussion its created.

Don't even get me started on that map...

Comment

Working...
                              X