This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 7 DVD Problem

I just bought all 8 seasons and discovered that Volume 5 of my Season 7 set is defective. It will not play beyond the first couple chapters of the first episode and I can't access any of the special features.

I seriously doubt I will get any sort of compensation from the guy that sold me the DVDs. Is there someway for me to contact MGM for a replacement or something? Or am I completely screwed out of the $ and have to buy a new set?

Thanks in advance for your help and hi!

Originally posted by antoa315
    I just bought all 8 seasons and discovered that Volume 5 of my Season 7 set is defective. It will not play beyond the first couple chapters of the first episode and I can't access any of the special features.

I seriously doubt I will get any sort of compensation from the guy that sold me the DVDs. Is there someway for me to contact MGM for a replacement or something? Or am I completely screwed out of the $ and have to buy a new set?

I had the same problem, but I'd bought mine from the Circuit City where I moonlight, and they let me exchange just that disc. If you bought it in store, they may do the same. If it was from a non-retail entity, you may have to go through MGM, if so, good luck.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about the errors on your disc. Mine never had any problem.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315

Your best course of action would be to return the Season 7 set for an exchange. It was widely made known that an issue with the Season 7 set surfaced shortly after it came out: Disc 5 (volume 5) would not play beyond a certain point, or not even play at all for some. My season 7 set works just fine. Before decalring the disc a complete loss, however, try cleaning your DVD player real good, cleaning the disc itself, or trying the disc in another player.

Exchanging the Season 7 set is about all you can do, other than going out and buying Season 7 again.

Comment

Mine is messed up as well...just bought it from BestBuy. I guess I'll have to try and take it back, but that could get bloody annoying if I keep getting faulty sets.

Comment

Here's some news for those of us with S7 Vol. 5 defective discs. I wrote to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and received this reply :

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment products.

To receive a replacement for "Stargate SG-1: Season 7 - Volume 5," please return only the Disc 5 DVD by itself (not the entire box set) in its original single DVD case packaging to the following address:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
            Client Operations Group
            SPP 5307
            10202 W. Washington Blvd.
            Culver City, CA 90232

Please be sure to include your return address, proof-of-purchase and a copy of this email. (Please be advised we are unable to ship to PO Boxes - please include your street address only.) Your replacement will be shipped to you upon receipt of the defective disc. Please allow at least 7-10 working days for delivery.

Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
            Consumer Relations
            sigpic

Comment

FYI: For those of you who want to write to Sony (to receive an email confirmation of your request) here's the address that I wrote to: [email protected]
              sigpic

Comment

I checked mine, and no problems. Thanks Mala50 for posting that info! Good Luck everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X