PDA

View Full Version : Season 7 DVD Problem

antoa
March 26th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I just bought all 8 seasons and discovered that Volume 5 of my Season 7 set is defective. It will not play beyond the first couple chapters of the first episode and I can't access any of the special features.

I seriously doubt I will get any sort of compensation from the guy that sold me the DVDs. Is there someway for me to contact MGM for a replacement or something? Or am I completely screwed out of the $ and have to buy a new set?

Thanks in advance for your help and hi!

TheXym
March 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I just bought all 8 seasons and discovered that Volume 5 of my Season 7 set is defective. It will not play beyond the first couple chapters of the first episode and I can't access any of the special features.

I seriously doubt I will get any sort of compensation from the guy that sold me the DVDs. Is there someway for me to contact MGM for a replacement or something? Or am I completely screwed out of the $ and have to buy a new set?

I had the same problem, but I'd bought mine from the Circuit City where I moonlight, and they let me exchange just that disc. If you bought it in store, they may do the same. If it was from a non-retail entity, you may have to go through MGM, if so, good luck.

the fifth man
March 28th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the errors on your disc. Mine never had any problem.

TechnoWraith
March 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM

Your best course of action would be to return the Season 7 set for an exchange. It was widely made known that an issue with the Season 7 set surfaced shortly after it came out: Disc 5 (volume 5) would not play beyond a certain point, or not even play at all for some. My season 7 set works just fine. Before decalring the disc a complete loss, however, try cleaning your DVD player real good, cleaning the disc itself, or trying the disc in another player.

Exchanging the Season 7 set is about all you can do, other than going out and buying Season 7 again.

Nearfantastica
April 3rd, 2006, 02:33 PM
Mine is messed up as well...just bought it from BestBuy. I guess I'll have to try and take it back, but that could get bloody annoying if I keep getting faulty sets.

Mala50
April 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Here's some news for those of us with S7 Vol. 5 defective discs. I wrote to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and received this reply :) :

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment products.

To receive a replacement for "Stargate SG-1: Season 7 - Volume 5," please return only the Disc 5 DVD by itself (not the entire box set) in its original single DVD case packaging to the following address:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Client Operations Group
SPP 5307
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

Please be sure to include your return address, proof-of-purchase and a copy of this email. (Please be advised we are unable to ship to PO Boxes - please include your street address only.) Your replacement will be shipped to you upon receipt of the defective disc. Please allow at least 7-10 working days for delivery.

Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Consumer Relations

Mala50
April 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM
FYI: For those of you who want to write to Sony (to receive an email confirmation of your request) here's the address that I wrote to: [email protected]

HirogenGater
April 4th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I checked mine, and no problems. Thanks Mala50 for posting that info! Good Luck everyone.