This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Irresistible" = "Delicious Fat Guy"?

Is it just me, or does it seem like they've renamed "Delicious Fat Guy" as "Irresistable?"

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
    Is it just me, or does it seem like they've renamed "Delicious Fat Guy" as "Irresistable?"
    Yes, that's what I've heard.
    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
      Yes, that's what I've heard.
      One sure as heck would hope they'd rename that script title.....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        One sure as heck would hope they'd rename that script title.....
        I like "Delicious Fat Guy." xfkirsten said in the Shep/Weir thread that it has the whole "Snakes on a Plane" effect!
        Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
          I like "Delicious Fat Guy." xfkirsten said in the Shep/Weir thread that it has the whole "Snakes on a Plane" effect!
          *giggles* It really does! Who wouldn't be curious about an episode called "Delicious Fat Guy"?
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
            *giggles* It really does! Who wouldn't be curious about an episode called "Delicious Fat Guy"?
            True! Such a title does tend to grab one's attention. But, "Irresistable" works for me.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes, it's very likely the same.

From http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/index.shtml (Darren just hasn't put it onto the right spoiler page):

# NEW! March 3 - "They've also been hinting about this crazy, comedic episode coming up where there's a very, very, very, very, very large man who apparently has crazy pheromones that just send us all into a tizzy. So, all of the women go crazy and just have to be with him, but he's like 300 pounds. So that will be a lot of fun!"
              (Actress Rachel Luttrell, in an interview with Sci-Fi Brain)
              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Is it me or are comedic episodes not really fit for SG? I like the fact that it's an action/science/tech show with a splash of comedy but just a plain ol' comedic episode?

I guess i'll have to wait and see.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Personally speaking , I love the more comedic episodes...gives a little breather from all the action going on, and they usualy carry them off well. Plus I guess it gives thema chnage fom the norm.

I wish there was more details about this episode, although I do think Delicious Fat guy would have been a wonderful tittle for an episode lol!

Richard Kind returns, although must say its yet another name to add to the books, actors taken from the mother show to appear in the sister show lol...although yes Technically it was the Movie he first appeared in, ho hum...anyhoo....after the little info we've been given on this episode, I'm loking forward to reading more.
                  May your life be like toilet paper - long and useful!

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                    Yes, it's very likely the same.

From http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/index.shtml (Darren just hasn't put it onto the right spoiler page):
                    Hmm, this sounds like "The Tower" episode of season three

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                      Is it me or are comedic episodes not really fit for SG? I like the fact that it's an action/science/tech show with a splash of comedy but just a plain ol' comedic episode?

I guess i'll have to wait and see.
                      It depends who writes them. Some episodes have been good, like the "Groundhog Day" episode. They build it up, and have fun with it, but Wormhole X-treme was an ego-boo for the writers and too driven toward online fans who obsess over every minutia (watch that episode with just a casual viewer and you'll see). I never cared for the Felger episodes (although adore Patrick McKenna otherwise) because WHY would anybody hire someone that incompetent to work in such a sensitive program? And the catfight scene at the end with Sam and the assistant was just soooo tacky.

I think writers start doing comedic episodes because they've been on the show for so long, they've run ou of ideas. Inserting subtle humor into a serious plot (or black humor) is tougher than writing sophomoric smack-you-on-the-head with a hammer humor....

Comment

WoO was the only great comedy ep, that was because it wasn't meant as a comedy ep originally, they just came up with it when developping the episode

didn't like Wormhole X-treme that much, although it improved the second time I watched it. It's ok, but not great, I guess. The other guys was also ok, but not great.

Didn't like Avenger 2.0, liked the virus that destroy gate network idea, but hated felger in it

Didn't really like Citizen Joe that much either, have no desire to watch it again. (Although it wasn't the worst season 8 episode)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                          It depends who writes them. Some episodes have been good, like the "Groundhog Day" episode. They build it up, and have fun with it, but Wormhole X-treme was an ego-boo for the writers and too driven toward online fans who obsess over every minutia (watch that episode with just a casual viewer and you'll see). I never cared for the Felger episodes (although adore Patrick McKenna otherwise) because WHY would anybody hire someone that incompetent to work in such a sensitive program? And the catfight scene at the end with Sam and the assistant was just soooo tacky.

I think writers start doing comedic episodes because they've been on the show for so long, they've run ou of ideas. Inserting subtle humor into a serious plot (or black humor) is tougher than writing sophomoric smack-you-on-the-head with a hammer humor....
                          Good point on Groundhog Day. That was a good episode. I loved the golf scene. lol

Hopefully this episode will be as good as that one.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                            WoO was the only great comedy ep, that was because it wasn't meant as a comedy ep originally, they just came up with it when developping the episode

didn't like Wormhole X-treme that much, although it improved the second time I watched it. It's ok, but not great, I guess. The other guys was also ok, but not great.

Didn't like Avenger 2.0, liked the virus that destroy gate network idea, but hated felger in it

Didn't really like Citizen Joe that much either, have no desire to watch it again. (Although it wasn't the worst season 8 episode)
                            lol. i have yet to see Citizen Joe. I should watch it. It's the only one i missed in season 8.

Comment

Sounds like an episode I wrote once haha. SG-1 fell under some kind of spell in which they were all falling in love with each other. Irrestistable sounds like a fun episode! I love comedic eps, they are definitely the best

Comment

Working...
                              X