This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA returns to Stargate SG-1!

I just found out that this is likely a hoax.

According to the IMDb web site Richard Dean Anderson will be appearing in the first episode of season 10 titled "Flesh and Blood"!

Original Air Date: July 2006 (Season 10, Episode 1)

Episode Credited cast:
    Michael Shanks .... Dr. Daniel Jackson
    Ben Browder .... Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
    Amanda Tapping .... Captain/Major/Lt. Col. Samantha Carter
    Christopher Judge .... Teal'c
    Beau Bridges .... Major General Hank Landry
    Claudia Black .... Vala Mal Doran

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Richard Dean Anderson .... General Jack O'Neill
    Brenna O'Brien .... Adria
    Bruno Verdoni .... Netan's Lt.
    Last edited by BethI; 26 March 2006, 07:07 AM.
    Beth

IMDb arent exactly reliable, they had him slated to be there in the opener months ago under episode "10.01 - No Hope" and as I have said before, if Jack is good old S1-5 Jack, then yay, 6-8 Jack, not too bad, S9 Jack would be terrible. Good luck to SG1 on getting the longest runnign Sci Fi series, only 18 seasons to go!

EDIT: Just to clarify, Im not saying he will, Im not saying he wont, but unless we get an official conformation, and not just IMDb's word, I wont be convinced.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

IMDB is all fan submitted so never to be trusted

Comment

I hope you're right. I really, really miss Jack.
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Earlier today I've found this at Our Stargate board (piece of the report from Vancouver convention):

"According to N. John Smith, Richard Dean Anderson is returning to Stargate in Season 10. He has just been talking to him. He says RDA misses working on the show and he will be coming back for some episode(s). He would not say how many episodes RDA might be in but said it looked very very positive. Someone asked "what about Mitchell" and Smith did confirm that they are very happy with Ben Browder/Mitchell. The indication is simply that RDA would be returning for some guest shots. Gary Jones had previously indicated on Friday night that he had seen the script for the 200th Episode and that RDA was *not* in it -- but it was hard to tell whether or not he was joking around with the audience. ;-)"
          Last edited by Formerhost; 26 March 2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
            Earlier today I've found this at Our Stargate board (piece of the report from Vancouver convention):

"According to N. John Smith, Richard Dean Anderson is returning to Stargate in Season 10. He has just been talking to him. He says RDA misses working on the show and he will be coming back for some episode(s). He would not say how many episodes RDA might be in but said it looked very very positive. Someone asked "what about Mitchell" and Smith did confirm that they are very happy with Ben Browder/Mitchell. The indication is simply that RDA would be returning for some guest shots. Gary Jones had previously indicated on Friday night that he had seen the script for the 200th Episode and that RDA was *not* in it -- but it was hard to tell whether or not he was joking around with the audience. ;-)"

So it's quite possible that RDA might be in "Flesh and Blood" already.
            You guys are really getting my hopes up. I don't know if my blood pressure can take it....
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

I'm beginning to get the feeling that I've been had!

Kater R. of the rdanderson web site had this to say:

If it's on IMDB, then, don't believe everything you read.

Anyone can add an entry there. Remember a few months back when someone thought it would be funny to post that RDA would be in the season ten premiere entitled "No Hope"?

The season ten premiere has already been completed, and RDA wasn't in it.
              Don't people have better things to do than pull this kind of stuff?

Sheesh!
              Beth

Comment

That's saddening that Gary Jones said that RDA isn't in the 200th episode. If there was any episode in the season he should have been in (or in the show in general), it should have been that one.
                why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

I hope there right this time it would be great to have jack back

XXX

Comment

IMDB is fan submitted, and I've found enough errors that I take most postings with a grain of salt.

As for RDA returning, in a possible guest slot. if he does, fine. If not, the world won't end....

Comment

if not the first epsiuode of the season there is always the 200th
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i'll wait to squee until i hear it's 'real' and official.

but if it's real, YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I would suggest that folks wait and chill until there's something official. Either from Darren (and i say this not as a member of GW Staff but because i know he doesn't put out unsubstantiated rumors) or on an official site like Scifi or rdanderson.com (and i call Kate's site official simply because i know that she, like Darren, takes care in making sure the info she puts up and out is 'good' and verified)
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            I would suggest that folks wait and chill until there's something official. Either from Darren (and i say this not as a member of GW Staff but because i know he doesn't put out unsubstantiated rumors) or on an official site like Scifi or rdanderson.com (and i call Kate's site official simply because i know that she, like Darren, takes care in making sure the info she puts up and out is 'good' and verified)
                            This is from the convention:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourst...s?msg=6853.327

Spoiler:
                            According to N. John Smith, Richard Dean Anderson is returning to Stargate in Season 10. He has just been talking to him. He says RDA misses working on the show and he will be coming back for some episode(s). He would not say how many episodes RDA might be in but said it looked very very positive. Someone asked "what about Mitchell" and Smith did confirm that they are very happy with Ben Browder/Mitchell. The indication is simply that RDA would be returning for some guest shots. Gary Jones had previously indicated on Friday night that he had seen the script for the 200th Episode and that RDA was *not* in it -- but it was hard to tell whether or not he was joking around with the audience. ;-)

So, the word is that it's 'positive' RDA could be returning for some guest shots. Not as a regular. However, if I want official, I'll wait till I see Scifi.com or one of the people who actually work on the show to spill the actual beans, or heck, see a TV Guide ad pushing the heck out of what now might constitute 'stuntcasting'

Comment

We will just have to wait for official word from RDA.

Comment

Working...
                              X