This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard ships--one man crew?

Of all the episodes I've seen relating to the Asgard and their ships, I just wondered exactly how many are onboard each vessel. Everytime SG-1 encountered an Asgard ship like the O'Neill or the Daniel Jackson, only Thor was onboard. That was the same for Loki's science vessel.
    If indeed only one person is needed for each ship, why do they build them so big? And don't tell me that they need space for engines and stuff 'cause I bet they're advanced enough to scale those things down.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

ive never thought if it before, i guess there smart enough for 1 to run a ship and i guess they just like BIG ships

Comment

yep... we asgard believe that one asgard is better than 874637829 of your weak, stupid humans!!!!! muahahah....

lol.... of course the asgard need only one... or maybe none at all... their technology might even be possible to think like an asgard... go figure... we dont know how do their ships work...

Comment

Some Asgard ships have a crew, Thor said in Nemesis that he had evacuated his crew.

Maybe crew numbers have shrunk because the Asgard are re-building their civilization so need most of the population to concentrate on that.
        "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Slightly off the topic, we didn't really see some significant involvment from the Asgard in s.9 regarding the Ori, despite limited help from Kvasir in the finale. And where was Thor btw?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
            Slightly off the topic, we didn't really see some significant involvment from the Asgard in s.9 regarding the Ori, despite limited help from Kvasir in the finale. And where was Thor btw?
            Could you use the SPOILERS tag next time?? Thank you
            And the answer to your question is unknown, cause nobody got an answer for that untill S10.

Comment

Sorry about that.

sigpic

Comment

well there ships r big because there so powerful, n u only need 1 asgard 2 run a ship...
                ________________________________________________________________________________ ______
                http://www.stargate-tech.net/pagepics/oneillsmall.jpg
                http://www.stargate-tech.net/pagepics/aphosship.jpg
                THE 2 BEST SHIPS IN STARGATE!!! GO ASGARD!!!
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 02 April 2006, 10:08 PM. Reason: circumventing signature rules will be noticed
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

The size of the ship sure does intimidate enemies.

Comment

Big ship = bigger more powerful generators that in turn = pwnage weapons

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
                      Could you use the SPOILERS tag next time?? Thank you
                      And the answer to your question is unknown, cause nobody got an answer for that untill S10.
                      Why the hell would he use spoiler tags? I think EVERYONE has seen Camelot by now!!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                      Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                      the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                      Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Uhm no there are possibly a couple of people who havent yet.

Originally posted by gkyun
                        Spoiler:
                        Last mention was made by Kvasir in the alternate reality SG-1 teams where he says that Thor and I think Heimdall were dealing with a matter of some importance in another galaxy. So who knows, maybe we get to see him next season, I mean he is the Supreme Commander of the Asgard military.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                          Uhm no there are possibly a couple of people who havent yet.

Spoiler:
                          Last mention was made by Kvasir in the alternate reality SG-1 teams where he says that Thor and I think Heimdall were dealing with a matter of some importance in another galaxy. So who knows, maybe we get to see him next season, I mean he is the Supreme Commander of the Asgard military.
                          I wonder what that matter of some importance was...

sigpic

Comment

thor has a problem that means we all have a repelecator sized problem.! ALOT BIGGER THAN A STINKING SUPERGATE

Comment

Asgard ships are not crewed by one person. As stated above, in Nemesis and New Order or some such Thor says he evacuated his crew. In regards to the other instances where he is alone, he is the Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet. I'm sure he can go joyriding without a crew whenever he would like. In regards to Loki not having a crew, that is by far more easily explainable. Loki is a rogue Asgard scientist. Hence, no crew for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X