3D Interior WIPS - Horizon Gateroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Interior WIPS - Horizon Gateroom

Here's something I cooked up earlier today. Please keep in mind what I've come up with here is a work in progress, and nothing is yet set in stone. I'm posting this to show my idea for the gateroom and what I've got so far.

Last edited by nhall; 26 March 2006, 03:35 PM.

Creating worlds I know couldn't possibly exist. One little polygon at a time.

Very nice... but next time, use attachments so we can click on thumbnails (makes things easier for everyone).

Comment

That looks amazing! Really great, and it really kind of looks just the way I had always envisioned it.

Now, after posting this, you'll just have to officially become a CG designer for the series.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

It wont give me full pictures for the Gaterooms....
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

WOW!!! Outstanding. I agree with what Alex said. The gate room really looks like the image I had in my mind all along. Well done. If these are your works in progress, I can't wait to see the finished products.
          Chase: "I'd like fish-sticks for lunch!"

Comment

That's excellent, and the glare of the twin suns was a very nice addition as well.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Here's a quick update -- added a floor, some steps, and a few light sources.

Cheers,
              PV2 Nicholas Hall

PS - I apologize in advance for some of the distortion that may be present in the image -- this because I had to compress the file to make it fit as an attachment.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by nhall; 30 March 2006, 07:46 PM.

Creating worlds I know couldn't possibly exist. One little polygon at a time.

Comment

I must say again, that looks amazing! Great ideas for the set design.

You've got the job.

Comment

Nice, those look great.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah they look really great, well done, id love to be able to do things like that!
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Not QUITE like I imagined it - I'd always thought it was like... well different, but I do like it though. Nice Work.
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

It looks like a transporter room in the Enterprise but with a gate and all that junk. But overall, it's look good.
                        sigpic
                        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Not really, It looks like a grand gallery which would fill the role of formal dining room jstu as well as it fits the role of gate room. Thats always how i'd pictured it from the descriptions, this massive room with windows looking out on the stars, that only vaguly resembles a military base.

Comment

I really do like it. Again like with others, not how I imagined it, but it will be now. I look forward to seeing some more pictures. Maybe of the control room.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              I really do like it. Again like with others, not how I imagined it, but it will be now. I look forward to seeing some more pictures. Maybe of the control room.
                              There will definitely be more. And I should say that nhall has now joined the staff, and will officially designing all of the sets. Including the control room, the main deck, etc.

This should definitely be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X