This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC-303, BC-304, DSC-304... help!

Hello! Sorry for my approximate English, I am a French teenager...

I would like to know which is the true class of the Prometheus, and the true class of the Daedalus, the Odyssey, the Korolev...

On the French forums, I've been told about BC-303, BC-304, DSC-304, to indicate the Daedalus... what does all that correspond to? I find that the series is fuzzy on this point...

me, I believed to understand:

Prometheus = X-303 during construction, then BC-303.
    Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304 class...
    Right?

Thank you
    Last edited by mat vador; 25 March 2006, 09:17 AM.

Originally posted by mat vador
    Hello! Sorry for my approximate English, I am a French teenager...

I would like to know which is the true class of the Prometheus, and the true class of the Daedalus, the Odyssey, the Korolev...

On the French forums, I've been told about BC-303, BC-304, DSC-304, to indicate the Daedalus... what does all that correspond to? I find that the series is fuzzy on this point...

me, I believed to understand:

Prometheus = X-303 during construction, then BC-303.
    Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304 class...
    Right?

Thank you
    In Off The Grid, you see on the screen in the briefing room of the Odyssey that it says USS. Odyssey Deep Space Carrier, yet in Crusade, the russians get a '304'. So for all intents and purposes, were calling it a DSC-304.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

When did we hear the term "BC" 303/304? Because I would say if it was reffering to the Daedalus, then the DSC is its purpose, but not its designation, if it reffered to a new Prommie class ship (Prommie was a prototype so X-303 is the correct designation) then it would seem that they are DSC's. If I remember rightly the term BC was used in S7, the Unas episode (Enemy Mine?) in which case it could refer to either, but more likely a newer Prommie.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It's BC-304. Some writer called it a carrier, now everyone things taht is what it is. I have never heard the show call it that. I have heard them call it a BC-304 though. Maybe it stands for Battle Carrier.
        Although when you read what the ep is about when they first introduced the Big D they called it a Battle Cruser
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Thank you for your answers!

Why the scenario writers do not raise the doubt in an episode? That would not be insurmountable, a small fast allusion...

My English is compéhensible?

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
            It's BC-304. Some writer called it a carrier, now everyone things taht is what it is. I have never heard the show call it that. I have heard them call it a BC-304 though. Maybe it stands for Battle Carrier.
            Although when you read what the ep is about when they first introduced the Big D they called it a Battle Cruser
            I really wish people would cite their references when they make statement. It would help them from spreading incorrect information.

Prometheus
            Called an "X-303" in the episode Redemption Pt. II.

Called "Prometheus" in the episode Prometheus.

Referred to as a "battle cruiser" in the episode Enemy Mine.

Redesignated to "BC-303" in the episode Enemy Mine.

"Prometheus Class" or "BC-303" would be the designation for any ship of Prometheus' design.

Daedalus
            Called the "Daedalus" in the episode Moebius Pt. I.

Referred to as "our new battle cruiser" in the Atlantis episode The Seige Pt. II.

Referred to as "the sister ship to the Prometheus" in the Atantis episode The Seige Pt. II.

Referred to as a "Daedalus Class Ship" in the episode The Ties That
            Bind

Described as a "Deep Space Carrier" in the episode Off The Grid.

Referred to as a "304" in the episode Crusade.

The Daedalus has never been called a "BC-304" or a "DSC-304" in either SG-1 or Atlantis. Based on what we've seen, I would guess it should be "DSC-304", but that doesn't mean the show will use it in the end. Until we get an official designation, I think it's best to call it a "Daedalus Class Ship" to avoid confusion.
            Last edited by Jarnin; 28 March 2006, 02:03 AM.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

When you read the gateworld spoiler for the ep. that introduced the Big D it says that they were introducing a new Battle Cruiser. It was writen in yellow text.

Wasn't it also mentioned when Landrey said we were giving the Russians the next ship that rolls of the assembly line. I am pretty sure he called them BC-304's Big D class. Could be wrong on that one though.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I'm pretty sure Deadalus is a BC-304 like the Oddyssey and the Korolev. It's what the class is named not the particular ship. If they had built another ship just like Prometheus, it would still have been a BC-303. The purpose of both classes is the same so "BC" stays. I can't see where you got DSC from >_<

People can refer to it however they want informally, carrier, battle cruiser, flying tin can...whatever. In the end, they all stay BC-303/4
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

When you read the gateworld spoiler for the ep. that introduced the Big D it says that they were introducing a new Battle Cruiser. It was writen in yellow text.
                  So you're saying that the script supervisor that gives Gateworld their spoilers is an official source of technical information?

Wasn't it also mentioned when Landrey said we were giving the Russians the next ship that rolls of the assembly line. I am pretty sure he called them BC-304's Big D class. Could be wrong on that one though.
                  I checked every episode a Daedalus class ship was mentioned in, and that's how I made the list above. I did word searches in the transcripts for battle cruiser, and nothing ever came up. I actually even read half a dozen transcripts to see if I was missing something, and I didn't find anything.

If you "thought" you heard something, then back it up with a reference, otherwise don't mention it.

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                  I'm pretty sure Deadalus is a BC-304 like the Oddyssey and the Korolev.
                  Except the class that those ships fall into have never once been referred to as a "BC-304".

It's what the class is named not the particular ship.
                  I understand that. What I'm saying is that none of the Daedalus class ships have ever been referred to as a battle cruiser, which is apparently what the "BC" stands for.

If they had built another ship just like Prometheus, it would still have been a BC-303.
                  Agreed.

The purpose of both classes is the same so "BC" stays. I can't see where you got DSC from >_<
                  Ah, here's your mistake. They are not designed for the same mission roles. Prometheus was a platform to defend Earth. Daedalus, while having a similar role, has a much larger operational range, which is where the "Deep Space" part of the new classification comes from. The "Carrier" bit comes from the fact that it can carry twice as many fighters as Prometheus could.

People can refer to it however they want informally, carrier, battle cruiser, flying tin can...whatever. In the end, they all stay BC-303/4
                  Is it a battle cruiser? Sure. But apparently the writers, or at least the set designers, are trying to make a distinction between the two classes of ships. Perhaps that's something to keep in mind.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                  X