This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday the 13th:The Series

Does anyone remember Friday the 13th:the Series? I used to watch this show maybe 15 years ago. I don't remember much in detail but it was a neat show. There was a readheaded lady, a boyish Andrew McCarthy-esque sidekick and an older mentor (may have been her father) who owned a bookstore. The premise to the show was that there were demon-posessed artifacts and trinkets that were scattered throughout the world and each had it's own certain power that it bestowed on its owner. Their task was to track these items down and bring them back to the bookstore and lock them up in their demon-safe room. If anyone knows of it or if it's out on region 1 dvd, let me know.

Man, I remember that show. Talk about bringing back old memories. I was really little when I was watching that.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by kisstian
      Does anyone remember Friday the 13th:the Series? I used to watch this show maybe 15 years ago. I don't remember much in detail but it was a neat show. There was a readheaded lady, a boyish Andrew McCarthy-esque sidekick and an older mentor (may have been her father) who owned a bookstore. The premise to the show was that there were demon-posessed artifacts and trinkets that were scattered throughout the world and each had it's own certain power that it bestowed on its owner. Their task was to track these items down and bring them back to the bookstore and lock them up in their demon-safe room. If anyone knows of it or if it's out on region 1 dvd, let me know.
      i loved that show. mickey (the red head girl) and ryan her cousin. i can't remember the character name of the guy that owned the bookstore. but it was a fun show.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i loved that show. mickey (the red head girl) and ryan her cousin. i can't remember the character name of the guy that owned the bookstore. but it was a fun show.

sally
        Yea, back in the day, I had a huge crush on "Mickey." I never could place the acteress' name in the credits. Wanna enlighten me, or should I just Google it?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Okay I googled it to find that Micki Foster was played by (ann) Louise Robey. If I remember correctly the credits listed her as just "Robey" and that was the cause of my confusion. The pics I foundon the WWW do not do her justice but here's one of the better ones.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by kisstian
            Awesome, awesome show. The chick was called Robey. She's was a British supermodel, very hot. I never cared too much for Friday the 13th movies, but the TV show was off the hizzle

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
              Awesome, awesome show. The chick was called Robey. She's was a British supermodel, very hot. I never cared too much for Friday the 13th movies, but the TV show was off the hizzle
              Indeed it was, "..off the hizzle."
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thanks for the comments on the series. I was really wondering if anyone had ever watched it or if I was just an ultrageek. That was probably my favorite syndicated show during that period of my life until the Highlander series came along. It's a shame I couldn't really remember any details. It's been so long. Thanks again to all.

Comment

i remember one ep that really stood out for me. i can't remember the name, but it had to do with ryan becoming evil and trying to kill ? (the name of the guy that owned the antique store). the guy that played ryan (jeez, can't remember anyone's name! ) was always just an alright actor, but that ep.. he wowed me.

my fave scene was where he was sitting at the bedside of his friend (owner of shop) and he started crying. he knew he'd done this to him, but (if i'm remembering right) didn't understand why. i remember being floored by how good he was.

if you don't remember how this ep ended, ryan become/was turned into a little boy. and stayed that way! his mother took him home. (his mom treated him as though everything was normal, even though she knew ryan had been turned into a child again).

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i remember one ep that really stood out for me. i can't remember the name, but it had to do with ryan becoming evil and trying to kill ? (the name of the guy that owned the antique store). the guy that played ryan (jeez, can't remember anyone's name! ) was always just an alright actor, but that ep.. he wowed me.

my fave scene was where he was sitting at the bedside of his friend (owner of shop) and he started crying. he knew he'd done this to him, but (if i'm remembering right) didn't understand why. i remember being floored by how good he was.

if you don't remember how this ep ended, ryan become/was turned into a little boy. and stayed that way! his mother took him home. (his mom treated him as though everything was normal, even though she knew ryan had been turned into a child again).

sally
                    Oh, man, I had totally forgotten that episode, but as you posted the description I sorta remembered it - it was pretty darn good... the fact that he left was a total shocker.

Didn't his brother or Robey's brother or someone take his place?

Comment

Yeah, I don't know why but that is the episode that really stands out for me too. I guess the fact that it was a main character's swan song and especially in that fashion. Okay....when I loaded this page, at the top there was a link to a site that has the series on DVD. The show evidently lasted for three seasons from 1987-1990. The packaging for the dvd looks great and it has a Paramount pictures logo near the bottom right corner of the package so it may be licensed and not bootleg. It's hard to tell these days. The site says "original airing quality." To me that sounds like "not digitally remastered" as you would think if it was licensed. The site is darksideondvd.com and it's based in Texas so I'm presuming that they at least have region 1. They are selling them for $49.95 + $5.00 shipping. I'm going to check ebay now that I know these sets exist.

Comment

I remember that. I was dissapointed in the lack of hocky mask wearing psychopath.
                        sigpic
                        I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                        'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                        'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

I was just about to ask...does this have anything to do with Jason?
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            I was just about to ask...does this have anything to do with Jason?
                            Not to my knowledge.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                              Oh, man, I had totally forgotten that episode, but as you posted the description I sorta remembered it - it was pretty darn good... the fact that he left was a total shocker.

Didn't his brother or Robey's brother or someone take his place?
                              i can see the actor's face (the replacement), but i don't remember his name. he kind of reminded me of paul michael glasser (starsky, from 'starsky and hutch' tv show).

anhoo, i can't remember if he was related to anyone, but i 'think' they were going with a bit of 'ust' between mickey and this guy.

i also like the ep where the gang are investigating some stuff going on at a mental institution. and this crazy/bad guy attacks mickey down in the cellar of the institution. i remember robey doing a really good job in that scene.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X