PDA

View Full Version : Fools!!! ("Iresistable" spoilers)

Butterfly-Dreamer
March 24th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I dont get why Richard kind is doing an episode of atlantis as a difrent character.
It would have been such a great opertunity to have him reprise his role from the movie, especialy if it were for the 200th episode of SG1.
I'm just a bit bemused as to why TPTB would waste that opertunity.

Rant over.

The Prophet
March 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Well, TPTB like reusing actors:
Beckett/Young Ernest
Tollan Guy/Weir's Ex
& now Lucius (Richard Kind).

Anyway, what part would Richard play on the show? If they use the old actor, it wouldn't be much, just "Wow, look at how far it's come in 10 years!" Anyway, he seemed like a prototype Mckay, just a little less explored & deepened. Anyway, I'm glad Richard Kind has returned to the show (if only breifly), it reminds us, & pays trinute to the Movie that started it all off. :) Now if they could only get James Spader & Kurt Russel (Daniel Jackson & Jack O'Neil, with one "L" & no sense of humour :D) to guest star, that would be funny... very funny... impertect clone kinda funny.... Mwhahahahaha! Ba'al's Clon legacy lives on! In the form of past-clones! Mwhahahahaha!!!

Wraith_Hunter
March 24th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I dont get why Richard kind is doing an episode of atlantis as a difrent character.
It would have been such a great opertunity to have him reprise his role from the movie, especialy if it were for the 200th episode of SG1.

Rant over.

Probably why they most likely won't have the original cast members in it either, with the exception of KR & JS etc, nobody would probably remember who he is. I've seen the movie three times over the years & I can barely remember who he is. They probably feel it would be a better idea to bring him as a new character into a newer show. Where they can start off fresh, rather than have him come in as a 'lost son' type, only to have most of the audience not even know who he is. To be honest, if it hadn't been mentioned, then the ep aired with him. I'd probably not even known who he was without having it pointed out to me, or at least with me having to do a bit of brain straining to try & remember the face.

Although, it would have been good to do a 'Ripple Effect' ep for the 200th, they could have added something else in for that slot, then saved it for S10. They could have brought back all the characters from the past. The original SG-1 from another relaity, which had the original movie cast. Then O'Neill's team, O'Neill's team with Jonas from S6, then others with Janet on the main team like they did etc.

That would have probably been better suited instead of 'Ripple Effect', not to metnion, it would have been grwat to see all the past characters together again.

shockwave
March 24th, 2006, 12:34 PM
maybe some tptb didn't even know he was in the movie

prion
March 24th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Rant over.

I'm honestly willing to bet that no one even thought of his original SG character until it was mentioned that the actor would be returning for a guest shot. I haven't seen a single "bring back, er, um, whats'name' thread since this forum began ;)

Heck, many actors have played several guest star roles on SG-1. No big deal.

shockwave
March 24th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I'm honestly willing to bet that no one even thought of his original SG character until it was mentioned that the actor would be returning for a guest shot. I haven't seen a single "bring back, er, um, whats'name' thread since this forum began ;)

thats right, I don't think anyone ever asked for a return appearance of General West either.

xfkirsten
March 24th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I had totally forgotten he was in the original movie until it was mentioned here at GW. Personally, I'm really looking forward to his role in this one - I can see him being an absolute riot with it! :)

the fifth man
March 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I had totally forgotten he was in the original movie until it was mentioned here at GW. Personally, I'm really looking forward to his role in this one - I can see him being an absolute riot with it! :)

Indeed! I think he'll be great in this ep. Besides, it was such a small part he had in the movie. It doesn't bother me at all that he's going to be playing a different character. Afterall, that's show-business.:)

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 24th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Anyone want to speculate about the actual episode? Sounds like a mind control episode.

The Prophet
March 25th, 2006, 01:36 AM
No, I think it's going to be an Atlantis Version of the First Hathor episode, but this time with both sexes.

If anyone's read Martha Well's Atlantis Novel: Reliquary (you should, it's pretty good). It sounds quite like that. Minus the appearance of the Koan. And Shepphard's transformation into a Koan. So, Fan-fic can influence Canon & Episodes! Better get Writing.... "On day, all of the SGC was killed, except for Carolyn Lam, who defently needs more character depth. She needs to find away to stop her 10 AU doubles, from helping the Ori/Goa'uld/Anubis/Ba'al/ Grace Ship/Foothold Aliens/ the Trust/ Furlings/ Wraith/ Replicators to return to power, using the ability of the 9th Chevron!" Mwhahahaha! "Also, she finds out what "Cut the Green one" in Ripple Effect was all about & finding a timeline of the Alteran/Ori."
This story clears everything up, from the new greenwire mystery to the Fuling Mystery to the Ninth Chevron Mystery to the Alteran/Ori timeline Mystery.

Stricken
March 25th, 2006, 02:29 AM

Rant over.
We have to remember the number of differenes that there are between the shows and the movie...only a couple of actors of the movies cast have reprised their roles in the show, I believe.

Butterfly-Dreamer
March 25th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Thats not true, there was erik avari as kasuf, and alexis cruse as skara.
I just thought that this guy was kind of funny in the movie, thats why i'm in a mood with tptb. It was like h'd been working for 2 years on this translation, Daniel comes in and in 5 minuets totally re-interprets it, and i thought the look on his face was priceless. If they hadnt got Daniel in to do it we'd still be calling it the "Doorway to Heaven" (i think thats what they called it, not sure though).
Whenever i would see spincity i would say to myself, "hey, he was in the stargate movie." but i do that all the time.

The episode sounds to me kind of a Hathor meets Urgo for Atlantis. Could be interesting i suppose.

SG-4MarineLeader
March 25th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Thats not true, there was erik avari as kasuf, and alexis cruse as skara.
I just thought that this guy was kind of funny in the movie, thats why i'm in a mood with tptb. It was like h'd been working for 2 years on this translation, Daniel comes in and in 5 minuets totally re-interprets it, and i thought the look on his face was priceless. If they hadnt got Daniel in to do it we'd still be calling it the "Doorway to Heaven" (i think thats what they called it, not sure though).
Whenever i would see spincity i would say to myself, "hey, he was in the stargate movie." but i do that all the time.

The episode sounds to me kind of a Hathor meets Urgo for Atlantis. Could be interesting i suppose.

Skara and Kasuf actually had significant roles in the movie, and where in positions that would naturally open up an avenue for those two characters to return in the tv series.

While this actor isn't bad, the character he played was basically an extra that had a few lines in a couple of scenes. His effect on the storyline overall was limited. Plus, as a couple of people have already said, if it wasn't for the fact that there is an article about him returning to the Stargate universe, a lot of people might recognise the actor, but not have a clue as to who the character is.

Plus, if this is 10 years or more, from the point of view of the Stargate universe, from the date in which the events of the movie took place, this seems kind of late to bring in a character from the movie. With the exception of an appearance of a person that was supposed to be Ra in the SG-1 season 8 finale Mobious Part 1, pretty much all of the movie characters that appeared on the show where introduced within the first season of SG-1.

knowsfords
March 25th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Richard Kind is the perfect actor for this kind of role, its just a pity they couldn't bring him back to play his original character.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
March 25th, 2006, 07:41 PM
No, I think it's going to be an Atlantis Version of the First Hathor episode, but this time with both sexes.

If anyone's read Martha Well's Atlantis Novel: Reliquary (you should, it's pretty good). It sounds quite like that. Minus the appearance of the Koan. And Shepphard's transformation into a Koan. So, Fan-fic can influence Canon & Episodes! Better get Writing.... "On day, all of the SGC was killed, except for Carolyn Lam, who defently needs more character depth. She needs to find away to stop her 10 AU doubles, from helping the Ori/Goa'uld/Anubis/Ba'al/ Grace Ship/Foothold Aliens/ the Trust/ Furlings/ Wraith/ Replicators to return to power, using the ability of the 9th Chevron!" Mwhahahaha! "Also, she finds out what "Cut the Green one" in Ripple Effect was all about & finding a timeline of the Alteran/Ori."
This story clears everything up, from the new greenwire mystery to the Fuling Mystery to the Ninth Chevron Mystery to the Alteran/Ori timeline Mystery.

"Hathor' was a form of mind control. Anyway, sounds like an interesting book. And the episode sounds more like the sleazy salesman kind of 'irresistable' than the sexual kind.

The Prophet
March 26th, 2006, 01:16 AM
"Hathor' was a form of mind control. Anyway, sounds like an interesting book. And the episode sounds more like the sleazy salesman kind of 'irresistable' than the sexual kind.

:D Gate to Gate Salesmen!

*Gate Opens-Lucius Steps through*
:cool: : Hey, are you interresting in buying a 'virtually' fully functional ZPM?
:weir: : What do you mean by 'Virtual?'
:cool: : Well, it was previously owned by a crazed Wraith Technician...
:mckay: : Let's Get it! Let's Get it! Let's Get it! Pleaaaseee!
:weir: : Well... What's the Warranty on it?
:cool: : ....Errrr.....
* Beams up to a waiting ship-Flys off*
:mckay: : See what you did! You are NOT a people-person Elizabeth!
:weir: : ...
:sheppard: : What'd I miss?...
:mckay: : Grhhduuidi...ZPM!...Grtfhiudf...
:sheppard: : Oh. I see. Darn it.

---------------------------
Credits
:cool: -Lucius Lavin
:weir: - Dr Elizabeth Weir
:mckay: - Dr Rodney McKay
:sheppard: - Lt Colonel John Sheppard
-------------------------------------

I wouldn't class what Hathor did as brain control really. It's more of an increase in hormones & drugs. Mind Control is a "DO_WHAT_I_SAY..." kind off feel to it. It's a bit blurry in that area...

Platschu
March 26th, 2006, 03:52 AM
This story doen't seems to be very original. :( No more Long goodbye, please! :(

The Ori
March 26th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Hey peeps, but I do really think that it would be cool for Kind to come back as the same person as the movie, and react to he SGC program like "wow", look how far it has come, so yur right, I think that it would be cool because it needs a reaction like that, even tho we are coming to the tenth season and third season, we have gone really forward maybe a bit too quick. So maybe he could come bak bring everything bak down to earth.

ToasterOnFire
March 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Anyone want to speculate about the actual episode? Sounds like a mind control episode.
Mind control maybe, I just hope the team doesn't start lusting after the guy.

Like we didn't have enough flirting, kirking, and people getting possessed and sucking face in the last season. :rolleyes:

Auralis
March 28th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Do we realy need another "virtual reality" type of story, especialy so soon again?

Avenger
March 28th, 2006, 10:31 PM
If he reprised his role from the movie, only a handful of people would even know who he was, and it's not like the character he played on the movie was of much importance or even memorable.

LORD MONK
March 29th, 2006, 01:27 AM

Rant over.
I'm with you on this one. Casting the same actors as different characters is bad and TPTB do it alot. It is different when you can't see the actors face and you wouldn't know unless someone told you like some of the actors.
This also would have been a good opetunity for a good story. After all, he is one of the original charecters like O'niell and Daniel. (even though they are played by different people)