This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idea for the writers...i think this belongs here...oh yeah, SPOILERS

well, so far, to my understanding, the daedalus class ships are just like aircraft carriers(lots of 302s compared to a 303 class ship) the 303 only has like 4-6 or sumtin, but anywho, i was reading sumtin and it said that the battleships only carry limited, if any ammount of fighters, this would explain the 303 class, now i would like to see the writers to make a 303a class ship i think, i may make one and add it to the new ship thread, gotta think of some stuff though, but yeah, have a 303a and maybe change the hull a lil bit, but add more weapons and firepower....anywho, what do ya all think?the 304s can be carriers and the 303s can be the actual battlecruisers that can withstand an ori attack and not get blown the bits in a battle with a huge ass fleet of hat'ak, an asgard vessel, and 2 daedalus class ship(season 9 finale) but yeah i think it'd be better because the prommie was a kick ass design and should be implemented and a more manuverable(to get away from that ori death ray) and more powerful(maybe like the abydos idea...)

hopefully i aint too confusing or w.e, i just wanna see a big armada of 303 class ships lol

sig made courtesy of M2W

Please clean up your post and structure it. Some of us don't like to read unformatted text

Comment

the 303 class ships are inferior to the 304 class ships. the 303 was a prototype - turned active duty ship. the 304's are the mass production ship based of lessons learned from the 303s. bottom lined, i doubt we will see a 303 again. just IMHO

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
        the 303 class ships are inferior to the 304 class ships. the 303 was a prototype - turned active duty ship. the 304's are the mass production ship based of lessons learned from the 303s. bottom lined, i doubt we will see a 303 again. just IMHO

I concure
        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I don't really understand what you just said

Comment

who me? or the first post?

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

lol, sorry for messed up post but here ill try again,

ok, basicly, take a 303 ship design, but supe it up a lot, making the 303 design the battle ship of the tauri fleet and the 304 the aircraft carrier kinda thing

add some more missiles, put a better sheild on it, faster engines, better and more weapons(no rail guns have it that one gun they were testing to be the 302's weapon, but bigger)

pretty much what i think would be kool

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

the 303 is just as fast as the 304 in hyperspace(Can't remember where they mentioned the 303 speed, but I know it was mentioned in an episode).

The problem with both ships are reactor power. It doesn't matter if you point a plasma cannon or a railgun at the enemy, if you can only store 10GJ(totally made up number) in your capacitor and your reactor output is only 1GW(again, totally made up). If you use the same method of accelerating the projectile, ie a railgun, you're still just gonna have 35% efficiency.

Better capacitors, more efficient/larger reactors, coilgun instead of railgun... there are several key areas that need upgrades.

Current real life capacitors are HUGE. Stargate has naquadah which is excellent at storing energy, but all naquadah is needed for reactors and hulls, so once again we are left with crappy capacitors

Comment

i just want to see an armada of 303 looking ships...the writers could make the 304(which is a deap space carrier) the transport ship thingy, and the 303(the battle cruiser) an acrual battle cruiser, supe it up and make it kick ass in battle compared to the 304, just cant have as much people or sumtin

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

There's one advantage for the 303 though. Because of it's relatively small size shield strength can be stronger as not much surface area is needed to be covered (assuming power output is the same for 303 and 304).
                    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X