This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes Ronon so different

He was taken aboard a hive ship, but when a Wraith attempted to feed on him something forced it to stop. Instead of dying as food, Ronon was made a runner: The Wraith implanted a transmitter in his back and let him go, hunting him across many worlds for sport, for training, or for some other, unknown reason.

Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him, but he also fully recovered from a stunner blast within seconds. He is a dangerous ally to have, as his abilities and personal motivations remain unknown.

so what makes Ronon immune to the feeding process and recover from weapons blasts so easily
    and any thought on any other secrets he might be hiding
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 23 March 2006, 10:19 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

high concentration of Magnets in his blood.

probably something in his body like the other runners

Comment

His people came up with those groovy stun guns. Obviously they would create some form of immunity against the blasts.

Eirual.
      Rockett_Series inspired by the funniest thread on the interweb/(under construction)

eirual + nerrad = nerual

Comment

I have wondered why TPTB's haven't really gone into these issues. There were a few episodes after he first joined the team then nothing. He basically has turned into just the muscle guy. It would nice if they would spend sometime developing the character.
        Spoiler:
        Maybe with he and McCay separated from the group, the writers will do a little A and B story work ala Farscape with the Two Crichtons. One week we get group one, next week group two, and we bring them slowly together again. McCay and Ronan could figure out a way to stop the Wraith by deleting their Earth coordinates. And the Atlantis could start dealing with the Asurans. I doubt that will happen but it would change things up a little.

I think Ronon has the potential to be more than what he is currently.

Comment

I wonder... have they even done any tests on him? =0)

Comment

if there did there haven't made a episode out of it yet maybe a clip show back story type thing in future episodes

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
              if there did there haven't made a episode out of it yet maybe a clip show back story type thing in future episodes
              You would think they would have made a big deal out of it just like Teyla's Wraith genetics.

Comment

Ronon can't be fed on because his body makes a protein that interferes with the Wraith feeding enzymes. The Hoffans were studying it in Poisoning the Well.

I've posted some speculation on how the Wraith feed in this thread

Doesn't explain the super strength or stunner recovery though. He's probably naturally strong.

Comment

Normally I'd say it's positive thinking.......... but it's Ronan for Jimminie's sake.

Maybe he had some Spam in his system. Hawaiian's love that Spam.

Comment

I think of it this way.

The Wraith see humans like a box of choclates.

Teyla is a yummy strawberry choclate.

Sheppard is plain milk choclate

Rodney is... well lets say a coffee cream choclate

Ronon on the other hand, is one of those awful hard toffee choclates. You know the ones you would rather spit out than eat.

Mystery Solved.
                    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                      Doesn't explain the super strength or stunner recovery though. He's probably naturally strong.
                      Either that, or he's been altered genetically. Something I think is a very distinct possibility.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

also we don't know much about his race maybe there were a head on the evolution track which is why the wraith culled his planet so badly

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                          also we don't know much about his race maybe there were a head on the evolution track which is why the wraith culled his planet so badly
                          But if that was the case, wouldn't a good many of his people carry the same "immunity" gene?

I remember the look of shock on the Wraith's face as he went to feed on Ronon. He was most certainly surprised about something...

But... if Ronon does carry some biological reason for being immune to culling, why would the Wraith set him as a runner? Training, experience, etc seems too little to gain for such a great risk. If Ronon has an immunity, that immunity could be studied and possibly reproduced into their entire food supply.

It'd be like putting a chicken with bird flu in the hen house, and gambling that you can find the sick one before it infects the others. You just don't do it. They should have killed him right then and there if he was that dangerous.
                          Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Working...
                          X