X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Boxsets

Hey I found this auction on Ebay for the Seasons 1-8 box sets:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-SG-...QQcmdZViewItem

Is it legit? I don't want any Asian or UK version.

Originally posted by JSG1Rules
    Hey I found this auction on Ebay for the Seasons 1-8 box sets:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG1-SG-...QQcmdZViewItem

Is it legit? I don't want any Asian or UK version.
    According to the info, it's legit.

"they are from Canada/US and NOT from China or the UK."

Why them not being from the UK would be a plus is beyond me as we get more extras, more discs (6 discs per season except season 1) and even dubs for amusing views.

Putting this link up here on Gateworld won't exactly help you. I bet a lot of people will see this and bid on it XD.

Comment

Yea I though 5 DVDs per season was low, but I guess that's right. Thx

Comment

Yea I though 5 DVDs per season was low, but I guess that's right. Thx
        That's your punishment for being American/wanting only the American editions. You only get 5 XD.

The UK Edition gets 6! More extras!!!!

Comment

Wow thats pretty cheap. A single box set on auction sites here in New Zealand goes for around $60-80 and to buy one new in the store is $139
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Wow. Makes me wish I didn't already own them all.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              Why them not being from the UK would be a plus is beyond me as we get more extras, more discs (6 discs per season except season 1) and even dubs for amusing views.
              UK isn't region 1 though, its region 2 I think. And I can't be bothered to buy a region free dvd play just for 1 set of dvds

Comment

UK isn't region 1 though, its region 2 I think. And I can't be bothered to buy a region free dvd play just for 1 set of dvds
                Well, I'll only say that there are a lot (though not all) of DVD players (and also recorders) sold in North America that can be made to become region free with a little help...

A Google search for "hack" and the DVD player's name and model will probably lead you to a site with nice "how to" so you can do that all by yourself... Then you can buy anything you want from anywhere you wish and become a happy SG-1 camper!

I'm just saying...
                J a c k M a n i a c

Comment

www.play.com does the boxsets for £25.99!
                  Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                  MSN: [email protected]
                  feel free to add me on either

Comment

I couldn't find a hack for either of my DVD players, I think they are too old

But the seller told me they can do $235 shipped to the US, add $10 for insurance if I want. Should I go for it?

Comment

I couldn't find a hack for either of my DVD players, I think they are too old

But the seller told me they can do $235 shipped to the US, add $10 for insurance if I want. Should I go for it?
                      Well, that works out to not even $30 per season. Sounds pretty good to me. Of course, what's the shipping and handling going to set you back?
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

$235 is including shipping, so yea less than $30 a season. I don't see it cheaper anywhere else

Comment

Theres only one way to find out, go for it! unless playusa.com does them cheaper like play.com does!
                          Mrs Tapping

Comment

There's an earlier post about Best Buy Canada's promotional offer right now. You can buy all 8 Seasons for $160 plus GST. It's a "buy one set, get one free" special, and it runs until April 13. I don't know if this sale is at Best Buy US, but it couldn't hurt to check it out.

I bought Season 7 *and* 8 for only $39.99, so it's a pretty good deal. Best Buy has amazing prices on the Boxets regardless of this sale. $39.99 is the "regular sticker price."

Comment

IS there a best buy UK?
                              Mrs Tapping

Comment

Working...
                              X